Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

It has been reported that the had a slash hook which is why the guard drew his weapon.

It’s also reported that the dead dog is missing. It’d be interesting to see if the Gardai videod it themselves. The Guard can be clearly heard saying “get him off” before shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Since neither you or know definitely the identity of the people behind the guard they equally could be motorists trying to continue their journey but where hindered. As an aside the guards evidence and that of the driver will carry more weight than the aggressor.

Passing motoists lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

It has been reported that the had a slash hook which is why the guard drew his weapon.

What's with slash hooks? They seem to be able to whip them out at any opportunity. Whoever imports them must be making a killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

As far as I know this is the same family involved in the ford transit chop shop
    The Garda needed the armed response unit to help with that raid as the family keep many dogs are trained to attack on site.
    It is unusual to need the ARU for raids like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gravelly wrote: »
    What's with slash hooks? They seem to be able to whip them out at any opportunity. Whoever imports them must be making a killing.

assuming they buy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Those people are probably cousins, brothers or neighbours of Hoppy. If there is a conflicting version of events you can be sure that Hoppy
    His sister and fellow camp dwellers present one version and the garda and truck owner another.
    Not 'independent' witnesses'. Not unbiased.

Telling lies is like breathing to travellers.

Also I think we have covered everything we can by now. There will be no new info until after an investigation.
    At least I hope we hear nothing new because the only possible new development would be about the Gadra or his family being harassed or attacked at his home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Passing motoists lol.

There were parked so obviously not passing. Also if you have any experience of travellers you would know they don't like to stand well back when one of there own is rowing or fighting. They like to be up close and personal showing their support.

tuxy wrote: »
    Also I think we have covered everything we can by now. There will be no new info until after an investigation.
    At least I hope we hear nothing new because the only possible new development would be about the Gadra or his family being harassed or attacked at his home.

The likes of the kinehans are far too savy to ever target a cop but travellers are so stupid and reactionary, they would, its one of the reasons so many are in prison, they never do the old " think for ten seconds" before reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Gravelly wrote: »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wexfordpeople.ie/news/pierce-name-back-in-the-tool-business-27678039.html

Pierce have always been the best brand on the market here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

A lone guard on the roadside in the middle of Stokesville, with a phone shoved in his face and a dog and it's various attachments all up against him.

No wonder the man had to use a weapon. He could have completely flipped but he didn't.

He looks traumatised dealing with this situation. I hope he gets over it.

It'd take a brave man to even begin to deal with these people who have no respect for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭baldbear

Backup. Hundreds of cops arriving moments later.SWAT. Helicopters.

Get real.

Well actually that has happened there before. Cops with Uzis & helicopters same area. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Passing motoists lol.

If you ever drove between Granard and Edgeworthstown, you will have seen their Van Sales yard on the left hand side, and another sales yard is sign posted down a boreen on the right.
    As far as I know, its this little road the stand off was taking place on, and the Cork guy in the Transit was blocked in.
    The same family bought the old Edgeworthstown Mart premises a few years back, and it has been used ad a machinery depot .

His details were already on Facebook.

dense wrote: »
    A lone guard on the roadside in the middle of Stokesville, with a phone shoved in his face and a dog and it's various attachments all up against him.

No wonder the man had to use a weapon. He could have completely flipped but he didn't.

He looks traumatised dealing with this situation. I hope he gets over it.

It'd take a brave man to even begin to deal with these people who have no respect for anyone.

Travellers = Rodent scum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

His details were already on Facebook.

Don't know the in and out of this case but that really is awful for his family who are ordinary citizens. To need protection must be very frightening for them.

Whos Toby from the video?

I can't link it but the Independent online is carrying an article that armed Garda are protecting the home of the guard involved in the shooting of Stokes and his dag. This was after the Garda received online threats. I think our traveller friends may regret stepping over the line going after a guard. Then again not to many of them are Mensa candidates.

baldbear wrote: »
    Whos Toby from the video?

Toby is the dog.

I can't link it but the Independent online is carrying an article that armed Garda are protecting the home of the guard involved in the shooting of Stokes and his dag. This was after the Garda received online threats. I think our traveller friends may regret stepping over the line going after a guard. Then again not to many of them arevMensa candidates.

There is no dog! Thats the thing.

• Advertisement

there is evidence to suggest there was a dog and the video edited to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Get Real

I can't link it but the Independent online is carrying an article that armed Garda are protecting the home of the guard involved in the shooting of Stokes and his dag. This was after the Garda received online threats. I think our traveller friends may regret stepping over the line going after a guard. Then again not to many of them arevMensa candidates.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/armed-officers-protect-gardas-house-over-threats-after-man-shot-in-leg-37596535.html

That's the one

So again when the garda is aiming low and saying "I'll but a bullet in it's head" he is talking about what? A dwarf?
    The video has been edited to not show a dog yet everyone in the video is acting like there is a dog there.
    Is the traveller holding back and trying to control a dwarf also?

baldbear wrote:

I suggest you look at the video posted online. The traveller was holding something in his right hand out of camera shot, it then grabs the guard's tie. The guard tells Stokes to get it to let go or he'll shoot it in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭facehugger99

jjmcclure wrote: »

Pity he didn't let rip with a sub machine gun. Save a fortune in fraudulent welfare claims.

So, basically you're advocating genocide?

I suggest you look at the video posted online. The traveller was holding something in his right hand out of camera shot, it then grabs the guard's tie. The guard tells Stokes to get it to let go or he'll shoot it in the head.

He also says "watch him watch him" to something. These are commands typically given to a dog.

So, basically you're advocating genocide?

No that would be mass murder not genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭josip

Toby is the dog.

Toby is was the dog

Yep. It’s gone missing. https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gsoc-probes-longford-shooting-incident-13685981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

No Officer armed or otherwise should have to deal with scum alone. Imagine the result in the same situation in the US....the amount of time and resources these thugs take up is unreal and none of them pay tax...ethnic status indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement