Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Actually they are favoured in the states for self defense. A corpse is no longer a threat.....

That's merica for you!
    I imagine in countries where gun laws are stricter police forces are more likely to pick FMJ over hollow point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There should be an enquiry if he missed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd imagine if there was a dog, GSOC/Forensic will have no problem finding his blood.

There should be an enquiry if he missed

What are you talking about?
    there will be a full investigation as there always is when a garda discharges his weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

tuxy wrote: »
    What are you talking about?
    there will be a full investigation as there always is when a garda discharges his weapon.

calm down.
    i think he meant it as a joke.
    u know, ha! ha!

• Advertisement

I see!
    Garda assaulted by gang and now needs protection at his home haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

As an aside the guards evidence and that of the driver will carry more weight than the aggressor.

"Alleged aggressor"?

So it seems that you would be in agreement with John Connors that the system is biased against travellers?

tuxy wrote: »
    I see!
    Garda assaulted by gang and now needs protection at his home haha?

and keyboard warriors like you are gonna make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Traveller lawlessness is a discussion that needs to broadcast and targeted by the mainstream media, but its taboo as they have the liberal media wrapped around their fingers (especially with this ridiculous status in place). Many of the regular folk (and indeed law-abiding travellers) are absolutely fed up with this s@@t. It's a shame because ultimately all most of us want is unbiased reporting (or relatively unbiased...being realistic) and a safe, fair society for our families.

Death threats against a Garda should not be taken lightly. This is a serious crime in most developed nations. Those committing threats need to be found and dealt with.
    It's unclear what happened exactly and this what the GSOC is there for but there's no doubt that the dogs owners were / are engaging in criminal activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

So, basically you're advocating genocide?

Cleansing, Its cleansing you mean.

• Advertisement

Cleansing, Its cleansing you mean.

the Gardaí are totally under-resourced imho. to send a lone detective to deal with this rabble is disgraceful.
    but fair play to him for sorting the problem out as best he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

RustyNut wrote:
    So it seems that you would be in agreement with John Connors that the system is biased against travellers?

Not sure how you work that out. I looked at the video only one person throwing punch's wasn't the cop or van driver.

Not sure how you work that out. I looked at the video only one person throwing punch's wasn't the cop or van driver.

How do you know that the traveller wasn't acting in self defence from what you seen in the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The FB pages belonging to the cultured Longford folk are mad altogether.

Hopefully a robust AGS crackdown in the area will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

RustyNut wrote: »
    How do you know that the traveller wasn't acting in self defence from what you seen in the video?

Because an unarmed person does not go on the offensive against an armed person...

...thats how.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

the Gardaí are totally under-resourced imho. to send a lone detective to deal with this rabble is disgraceful.
    but fair play to him for sorting the problem out as best he could.

Here here.
    TBH, if the states comes down on officer Quinn then I will lose all confidence in the justice system (whatever shred is left). If he did something grossly wrong then fair enough, the law is not above him......but this is seemingly not the case. Ultimately the state powers should hold the cards and he acted in self-defense. They saw a gun drawn, by a member of the law enforcement....and the clowns didn't back off.

It's a clear sign of criminality if they know all the details about the guard....1st name basis / address etc. Those of us not involved in s@@t don't need to or care to know.

The FB pages belonging to the cultured Longford folk are mad altogether.

Hopefully a robust AGS crackdown in the area will happen.

The situation in Longford is seriously out of hand. If you search for "stokes longford" all you see is court case after court case with very light sentences.
    In one case one of the travellers even took the time to commend the judge on what a fair man he is.

ya sure the old geezer driving the van really looked like he was bating the crap outta the poor lad.

that or he had just vilified his much vaunted culture, which upset him really badly ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

RustyNut wrote:

Guy sitting in a van sheilding himself from punches from the traveller, call it a hunch.

Because an unarmed person does not go on the offensive against an armed person...

...thats how.

But that's just not true is it. Plenty of armed gunmen have been disarmed by unarmed people.

I've no idea what went on before the camera started so I'm not going to assume anything but if memory serves the last two people shot by AGS were shot by mistake.

• Advertisement

The indo said the family are linked to the car chop shop discovery/raid this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

But that's just not true is it. Plenty of armed gunmen have been disarmed by unarmed people.

Don’t be fooled by those films you watch 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

no.8 wrote: »
    Traveller lawlessness is a discussion that needs to broadcast and targeted by the mainstream media, but its taboo as they have the liberal media wrapped around their fingers (especially with this ridiculous status in place). Many of the regular folk (and indeed law-abiding travellers) are absolutely fed up with this s@@t. It's a shame because ultimately all most of us want is unbiased reporting (or relatively unbiased...being realistic) and a safe, fair society for our families.

Death threats against a Garda should not be taken lightly. This is a serious crime in most developed nations. Those committing threats need to be found and dealt with.
    It's unclear what happened exactly and this what the GSOC is there for but there's no doubt that the dogs owners were / are engaging in criminal activity.

I am fully sure that if the true extent of traveller crime was revealed then people simply wouldn't believe it.

I am fully sure that if the true extent of traveller crime was revealed then people simply wouldn't believe it.

do tell us

You think not? What if we showed evidence of the same travellers who are on the dole walking in to a car dealership with €50k in cash?

Don’t be fooled by those films you watch ��

I dont think it was a film when that brave member in Westmanstown dissarmed a hit man using only his hurl.

I've no idea what went on before the camera started so I'm not going to assume anything but if memory serves the last two people shot by AGS were shot by mistake.

If you set a dog on an armed Garda then you're asking to be hit by ricochet via dog

I dont think it was a film when that brave member in Westmanstown dissarmed a hit man using only his hurl.

Lets issue hurls to the Gardaí then... Maybe add sliotars too for the armed Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

So he was armed with a hurl!!

• Advertisement

So he was armed with a hurl!!

was it a hollow tip or a FMJ i wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement