Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Same!

Mine arrived yesterday. No idea when I'll get the chance to build it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Mine arrived yesterday. No idea when I'll get the chance to build it tbh

No worries. Mine will be parked in the box for another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got the London Skyline delivered two days ago haven't had a chance to build it.

We were in Ikea last week and wife picked up one of these picture frames Tried out my Venice skyline set and it looks great in it.Not the first with this idea though.
    Even my wife thought they looked nice so I actually have permission to pick up more sets! Nice way to display and saves shelf space and keeps the dust off.

Was thinking of getting an Ikea detolf glass cabinet. We're considering turning one of the bedrooms into an office though so will be trying swing a bigger display cabinet in there!

88b9e026cd16bbfa19a771295e706928.jpg

Brickheadz fit well too.

001173_db9abbbf63874a2492135a22a11b7f8f~mv2.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'll be off to ikea for the ones for Brickheadz, what frame is it please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I tried putting some minifigures inside one of the other Ikea frames, but it must have been a lot shallower as anyone holding a sword or wearing a big hat fell off. Those frames look a bit deeper that whatever I'd tried with so will have to go back and have another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

robinph wrote: »
    I tried putting some minifigures inside one of the other Ikea frames, but it must have been a lot shallower as anyone holding a sword or wearing a big hat fell off. Those frames look a bit deeper that whatever I'd tried with so will have to go back and have another go.

I use a product is like a brick tape, cut out a 2x2 tape and I can stand my minifigs on it, perfect for those ikea frame that doesnt have much depth. I will take a pic when i get home this weekend.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/mayka-tape/c/SM06010746

I cant wait to see lego specialized storage from Ikea! not gonna buy any furniture for my lego until then.

I wonder what frames you tried, were they the Ribba frame?

They look to fit minifigs quite nicely.

001173_0b8df80a3281417da4941639ac8b4694~mv2_d_2000_2000_s_2.webp

Ryath wrote: »
    I wonder what frames you tried, were they the Ribba frame?

They look to fit minifigs quite nicely.

001173_0b8df80a3281417da4941639ac8b4694~mv2_d_2000_2000_s_2.webp

So nice and clean! Did you paint the back and stick 2x2 brick on it?

seraphimvc wrote: »
    So nice and clean! Did you paint the back and stick 2x2 brick on it?

No idea I robbed the image from here!
    https://www.brickhello.com/single-post/2017/06/27/Ikea-and-Lego-Part-1---Ribba-and-Kasseby

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think it must have been a Ribba frame. I did use a fake base plate in the back to fix them on and that could have added a millimeter or two to the space required as it is relatively thick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

robinph wrote:
    Think it must have been a Ribba frame. I did use a fake base plate in the back to fix them on and that could have added a millimeter or two to the space required as it is relatively thick.

Yeah, definitely not as simple as it looks!

I also need to get mini me fitted in a frame properly, but in the meantime I've been trying to build a finish line for him but it keeps toppling over.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/spideog/oxt807

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Most fit well in ribba some accessorys do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Most fit well in ribba some accessorys do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Some birthday Lego..

mloc123 wrote: »
    Some birthday Lego..

Take two attaching image..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mloc123 wrote: »
    Take two attaching image..

Do you not find the Lego junior sets a bit easy for you ;)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you not find the Lego junior sets a bit easy for you ;)

:d

They are much simpler than I imagined. Good way to get younger kids started tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I've never purchased CMFs before but I was interested in the Harry Potter series. Went down to Smyths today with a plan on paper.

Firstly the box was just dumped into a bin onto of the last series of CMFs. There were only 36 left so chances were someone had nabbed a perfect 22 already or kids grabbed a few on their way passed.

I had a 30 minute window and ate it all up feeling the bags and trying to figure out what was what. I've never done this before and felt odd with my paper and pen in work suit while kids buzzed around wowing at this at that, chiefly the new HP set on the front of the aisle.

I bough 22 but am full sure I have a bunch of duplicates. I felt a bit conscious standing there, a grown man shaking and feeling these little bags. In the end I had no time, 15 separated and just quickly grabbed 7 more.

There are 22 in total to collect and I have 22 bags to open. I hope to half at least half of them so I can go to another Smyths and try again.

I'll report back with the outcome of this first batch...

• Advertisement

Have only bought a couple at a time whenever I've gone bag feeling as once I've established that I'm not getting duplicates of what I already have I feel a bit dirty and have to get out of the shop asap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I delayed buying the Voltron set to get the 'Plants Made From Plants' and the free Unikitty set this morning but it seems they are going to the UK but not here. Grand so.

Bought some Harry Potter CMF's on S@H and some of the Xtra sets as stocking fillers and moved on with my life.

I do want that 'Plants Made From Plants' set though, I think it represents a good move by Lego and I'd like to support it.

I've never purchased CMFs before but I was interested in the Harry Potter series. Went down to Smyths today with a plan on paper.

Firstly the box was just dumped into a bin onto of the last series of CMFs. There were only 36 left so chances were someone had nabbed a perfect 22 already or kids grabbed a few on their way passed.

I had a 30 minute window and ate it all up feeling the bags and trying to figure out what was what. I've never done this before and felt odd with my paper and pen in work suit while kids buzzed around wowing at this at that, chiefly the new HP set on the front of the aisle.

I bough 22 but am full sure I have a bunch of duplicates. I felt a bit conscious standing there, a grown man shaking and feeling these little bags. In the end I had no time, 15 separated and just quickly grabbed 7 more.

There are 22 in total to collect and I have 22 bags to open. I hope to half at least half of them so I can go to another Smyths and try again.

I'll report back with the outcome of this first batch...

Result
    Got 18/22
    Missing: Percival, both Harrys and Tina Goldstein
    Duplicates: Hermione, Credence, Newt and He who must not be named

Happy enough with the first attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mrs Sleepy played a blinder for my birthday present this morning: Model Team 5590: Whirl and Wheel Super Truck

I know what I'll be doing tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sleepy wrote: »
    Mrs Sleepy played a blinder for my birthday present this morning: Model Team 5590: Whirl and Wheel Super Truck

The housework to say thank you ;)

1990 wow , that still looks so good today and the B model is cool. Happy birthday!

I have the Highway Rig 5580 from my own childhood and it's still one of my favourite sets so it's extra special for me. As a kid my lotto win scenario was to buy the entire Model Team theme!

Result
    Got 18/22
    Missing: Percival, both Harrys and Tina Goldstein
    Duplicates: Hermione, Credence, Newt and He who must not be named

Happy enough with the first attempt

Went back and got 5 more bags
    Graves, both Harrys, Tina Goldstein so now I have 22/22 Woop!
    I thought I picked up a second Harry with Hedwig but alas it was Cho Chang.

Overall 22/27 not bad for a first attempt and much cheaper than buying a whole box

Went back and got 5 more bags
    Graves, both Harrys, Tina Goldstein so now I have 22/22 Woop!
    I thought I picked up a second Harry with Hedwig but alas it was Cho Chang.

Overall 22/27 not bad for a first attempt and much cheaper than buying a whole box

nice one!:D I was gonna say that you could have asked them to open a whole new box in some shops (like toymaster).

I am only going to pick up a few of them later today, still not sure if i should get a whole box of it at a later date.

• Advertisement

Completed set:

457409.jpg

There were a handful of missing pieces but you wouldn't really notice them when it's displayed, I've sourced them on Bricklink for about €3.50 anyway :)

Advertisement