Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generation Identity

Options
  • 26-11-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed couple weeks ago stickers from this group appearing on lamp posts around my area but kept forgetting to look into it.

Anyway heres there website https://www.generation-identity.org.uk/

Has anyone seen anything similar where they live ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There are plenty of white supremacy groups in Ireland yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

I see they are established in Austria, Italy, Germany and France. Nothing to raise suspicions there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

First they came for the communists. And I did nothing. Because I was not a communist.
    That, and the fact that they more than deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

They’re scumbags, ethno-nationalist racists in a hipster guise. They’ve also tried to link up with some of the violent elements of the far-right here in the various football firms. Tramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I noticed couple weeks ago stickers from this group appearing on lamp posts around my area but kept forgetting to look into it.

They are really going to encourage Irish people to join with UK and Ireland plastered on the main heading with an .org.uk domain.
    Also it throws in the harp as if that makes it more Irish.

Might as well have a picture of a gobsh*te with a Glasgow Celtic shirt and hat complete with the 'Eire' tattoo.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Id be curious to see who put the stickers around my way considering there are some amount of non Europeans living in the area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I'm going to take your lack of comment on that site as a tacit endorsement of their beliefs.

Their message (and yours, judging by your unspoken approval) is always hilariously ignorant, insinuating that random white europeans from Britain and Ireland are the heirs to ancient Greek and Roman warrior cultures. Never mind that Romans referred to the Germanic and Celtic tribes as barbarians. And that any of their weak, feeble modern day followers would have been left to die on the side of a hill in a eugenic state like Sparta.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I'm going to take your lack of comment on that site as a tacit endorsement of their beliefs.

Their message (and yours, judging by your unspoken approval) is always hilariously ignorant, insinuating that random white europeans from Britain and Ireland are the heirs to ancient Greek and Roman warrior cultures. Never mind that Romans referred to the Germanic and Celtic tribes as barbarians. And that any of their weak, feeble modern day followers would have been left to die on the side of a hill in a eugenic state like Sparta.

Didn't comment on this crowd cause i basically only just found there site so didn't look to much into there ''ideas'' :pac:

The funny thing is id support an awful lot of things but couldnt even think of joining or supporting a group such as this cause of my surname :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

VeryTerry wrote: »
    I see they are established in Austria, Italy, Germany and France. Nothing to raise suspicions there at all.

Austrian leader used to be a neo nazi, but he's reformed now apparently.. for someone who is so against political corectness, is current group is very much PC and careful with what they say, whether you believe them now is another thing entirely. Still theyve managed to get themselves a lot of attention for a fringe group with a few hundred members

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They are the anarcho-capitalist colours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Didn't comment on this crowd cause i basically only just found there site so didn't look to much into there ''ideas'' :pac:

The funny thing is id support an awful lot of things but couldnt even think of joining or supporting a group such as this cause of my surname :p

Is your surname Muslim-Black by any chance?

Is your surname Muslim-Black by any chance?

My surname is Barnabas.

They are the anarcho-capitalist colours

The Proud Boys use Black and yellow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is identitarian a word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Austrian leader used to be a neo nazi, but he's reformed now apparently.. for someone who is so against political corectness, is current group is very much PC and careful with what they say, whether you believe them now is another thing entirely. Still theyve managed to get themselves a lot of attention for a fringe group with a few hundred members

There's a good few "reformed" white supremacists fronting new groups with a remarkable resemblance to white supremacist groups. I wonder what that's all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hilarious when you’ve Irish people joining with people who not that that many generations ago would have thought of Irish as little more than apes.

Most of these groups are as bad as the neo nazi red neck types in America.

Think I'll just form my own!

Ipso wrote: »
    Hilarious when you’ve Irish people joining with people who not that that many generations ago would have thought of Irish as little more than apes.

Ah, it was all grand once we discovered soap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Most of these groups are as bad as the neo nazi red neck types in America.

Think I'll just form my own!

Splitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

There are plenty of white supremacy groups in Ireland yes.

Which ones? I havent seen any

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Oh guess who's back.

Oh guess who's back.

Slim Shady? Ah, I know he's a cracker but I don't think he's a where supremacist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Would this be the same far right group that whinge endlessly about identity politics while literally calling themselves the Identitarian movement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I am sure you have some point to make but give us a quick explanation of what is in the link as myself and many others are too lazy to follow a link that needs many’s more clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

'Ethno-cultural identity' - yeah that doesn't set off enough alarm bells to fill an alpine choir. I never quite understood how people go so far down the rabbit hole of racial identity; if you want to make a case for cultural values fine, and I would have quite a bit of sympathy for that, but the idea that it has anything to do some delicate racial make-up is just absurd, esecpailly when you take even a cursory look at the history of the human race.

This kind of puts me in mind of those people who spend a lot of time interesting in 'IQ and race' or those people who go on a lot about 'Jews and Israel' - lipstick on a pig essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Ipso wrote: »
    What the **** are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What the **** are you talking about?

Read a history book.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

FTA69 wrote: »
    They’re scumbags, ethno-nationalist racists in a hipster guise. They’ve also tried to link up with some of the violent elements of the far-right here in the various football firms. Tramps.

What football firms are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The DFLA. Mainly Spurs, Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea firms as well as a few from the north and the midlands eg Birmingham City, Sunderland etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

FTA69 wrote: »
    The DFLA. Mainly Spurs, Millwall, West Ham, Chelsea firms as well as a few from the north and the midlands eg Birmingham City, Sunderland etc.

Ah right, i thought you meant Irish clubs.

Advertisement