Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generation Identity

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

The lefts constant use of the word "Nazi" to describe anybody that is somewhat right wing is just embarrassing at this stage.
    I truly believe the current far left will be remembered for years to come as an absolute laughing stock.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

buried wrote: »
    Suck it up man, suck up the reliance, suck up the consequences and suck up the problems what go with it.
    Ehhh... I'll take the letter N and the letter O please Rachel. I am not my brother's keeper. And I am not a White Guilt™ masochist. Never mind that the "mafia" you speak of is related to pretty much none of us.

Now if you want to self flagellate yourself, because your kaks have been made in a sweatshop in Pakistan, by children and your phone/PC you're typing this on was made from plastics from Saudi oil and assembled by Chinese men and women working for a bowl of rice per 18 hour day. Go right ahead.

Fcuked if I'm falling on my sword for the sins of another and doubly fcuked if I'm deemed responsible for cleaning up their mess. And adding to our own messes by doing so, just like every single other European country that has tried to run this bollocks experiment.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Far less than you. If you are going to blame the actions of the Saudis on the consumers of oil then it’s the voluntary consumers of petrol (who could use public transport) who are clearly more responsible. You. Not me.

As I said above the whole world could be blamed for the wars the Saudis are involved with by your logic. Not that Syria is Yemen either.

(And our part of the world again. You literally have no idea how powerless ireland is.)

As for Syrian refugees I believe we have a moral obligation to take in some, but not because of some kind of war guilt

Cool Franz man, what would be the reasons you want to help them anyways, I'd genuinely like to hear them

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

I read a bit of the "WHO OR WHAT IS GENERATION IDENTITY" and didn't understand much of it, but it sounds like something I could support.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

buried wrote: »
    Cool Franz man, what would be the reasons you want to help them anyways, I'd genuinely like to hear them
    Well I'd want to help them for obvious humanitarian reasons. Only too happy to bring in a couple of hundred Syrian families. Economic migrant, single, military aged men from other places, who go straight onto our already untenable social services list and are provably the most likely to cause problems*? Not nearly so much.

*single, military aged men make up the majority of the prison populations anywhere, in any country or culture, of any "race".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What policies would these be? Aside from the immigration example in your last paragraph.

You sidestep that as if it is nothing. Liberal policies on immigration are having a detrimental effect on western society and it can only get worse. Liberals have sown the seeds and we will all reap the consequences of it for sure (or at least our children/grandchildren will). That these ideologues meant well won't really matter in 25-30 years when the real price is being paid, some of it already:

https://twitter.com/RemyBuisine/status/1068989124835770368

As for everything else, where would I begin, almost all politic stances which liberals take these days on a whole range of issues are absurd. I say these days as I used to be a liberal myself, but it was about supporting issues which needed supporting back then: the ending of apartheid, making rape a criminal offence in marriage, homosexual rights, legalizing the sale of condoms etc. These were issues that were nobrainers.

Today liberals have lost their minds. They support laws which create inequality, violently protest when speakers who they don't agree with are set to give talks, demand people are removed from their jobs for expressing opinions, beat people who's clothing supports political candidates their views aren't inline with and use sexual allegations as political barge poles.

We keep hearing about how right wing extremist groups influence violence (and that's fine, if they do, they are wrong and should be called out for it) but yet when the left influence violence, as happens with antifa constantly, or when five white police officers where shot and killed in Dallas because they were white, this is not seen as being extremist as somehow these things are just a response to brutality or fascists or nazis or whatever the hell the left are screaming about today.

Truth is the far left are equally as extremest as the far right and why I find them more dangerous than the far right is because the far right are much smaller in numbers and don't have the support of a large section of society like liberals do. The views of the far right are not influencing the drafting of laws and legislation like liberal rhetoric is today and that's the crucial point. Far right opinion isn't irreversibly shaping western society. Leftist opinion is though and at a fast clip too.

Ipso wrote: »
    Hilarious when you’ve Irish people joining with people who not that that many generations ago would have thought of Irish as little more than apes.

This, a million times. Part of our "shared experience", apparently.

irish%20teutonic%20and%20negro%20snip.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You sidestep that as if it is nothing. Liberal policies on immigration are having a detrimental effect on western society and it can only get worse. Liberals have sown the seeds and we will all reap the consequences of it for sure (or at least our children/grandchildren will). That these ideologues meant well won't really matter in 25-30 years when the real price is being paid, some of it already:

https://twitter.com/RemyBuisine/status/1068989124835770368

Are you blaming immigrants for the ongoing riots in France?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Truth is the far left are equally as extremest as the far right and why I find them more dangerous than the far right is because the far right are much smaller in numbers and don't have the support of a large section of society like liberals do. The views of the far right are not influencing the drafting of laws and legislation like liberal rhetoric is today and that's the crucial point. Far right opinion isn't irreversibly shaping western society. Leftist opinion is though and at a fast clip too.

Do I need to remind you who the current president of the US is and who his biggest fans are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

This, a million times. Part of our "shared experience", apparently.

irish%20teutonic%20and%20negro%20snip.PNG
    It's not actually that amusing or noteworthy or whatever you're having. Those depictions are from the 19th century, early 20th at the latest. The descendants today of those who held those views, are not the same people. It is at least a century later. Attitudes towards the Irish have changed greatly for the better, and millions of British people are of Irish heritage.

A better example of the kind of inconsistency you are talking about is the way loyalist paramilitaries pretend to be really pro Israel while hanging out with neo nazis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Astonishing you say this when it's a proven fact that the vast majority of extremist terrorist attacks in the US have been undertaken by members of the far right.

I'm not a fan of the 'far left' (some of them aren't even left wing imo) but to claim they're just as extreme as members of the right is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Advertisement