Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generation Identity

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

18% is literally 18 million voters,
    how is that "insignificant"

Could you or those who thanked this post explain how 18 percent = 18mn in the German election?

Even including those that can't vote, afd got 4.8mn votes, barely a quarter of what is being claimed. You might as well be trying to claim Michael D got 55mn votes last month.

gw80 wrote: »
    Christ almighty, you have some hard on for nazis,.

It's almost as if Nazis are relevant in a thread about Nazis....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

professore wrote: »
    Read the old testament. Similar stuff in there.

Hardly anyone in Christianity follows the old testament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Odhinn wrote: »
    Immigrant families grow smaller the longer they've been resident in western states. You might consider that fact before dispensing your 'wisdom'.

Good point but our native population is almost below replacement levels. Sure they drop from 8 kids to 4 kids but that is as fast as binary fission

Immigrant families grow smaller the longer they've been resident in western states. You might consider that fact before dispensing your 'wisdom'.

That maybe true but I think the damage has already been done when immigrants go ahead and have 7 or 8 kids. Those kids will then go on to have maybe 3 or 4 kids still population replacement.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Collective punishment?

What makes our country better than somewhere like saudi is that we have rights. All citizens do. Removing rights from someone is something we should never consider. If someones committed a crime, even terrorism, try them and if they're guilty, lock them up. We have due process for a reason.

We remove loads of rights of prisoners when we put them in jail, that is to protect common decent people from them. You dont think citizenship/passports have ever been removed from certain individuals before this? If they are a danger to our country why should we spend money on retaining them in the height of luxury, when we can brand them NVE (not valid for Europe) and return them from whence they came? African states have done it loads of times with suspected mercenaries with the exception of Mark Thatcher.

At the end of the day this is our country it belongs to us. We have the right to defend our borders and our country we have the right to close the doors to migrants if we please. I believe we should adopt an Australian style points system we should only use migration to benefit ourselves where vacancies arise and there a demand for labour in particular sectors. Migration should be for the benefit of our economy first and foremost and not the benefit of migrants and their families.

I also believe we should be prioritising migrants based on how easy it is for them to culturally assimilate ie migrants from other first world countries should be prioritised over migrants from the third world who as a matter of fact are harder to integrate into our societies. At the end of the day we have to prioritise the ethnic Irish over migrants. Japan puts it's own first but no one acuses them of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Stephen15 wrote: »
    At the end of the day this is our country it belongs to us. We have the right to defend our borders and our country we have the right to close the doors to migrants if we please. I believe we should adopt an Australian style points system we should only use migration to benefit ourselves where vacancies arise and there a demand for labour in particular sectors. Migration should be for the benefit of our economy first and foremost and not the benefit of migrants and their families.

I also believe we should be prioritising migrants based on how easy it is for them to culturally assimilate ie migrants from other first world countries should be prioritised over migrants from the third world who as a matter of fact are harder to integrate into our societies. At the end of the day we have to prioritise the ethnic Irish over migrants. Japan puts it's own first but no one acuses them of racism.

Sensible post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yes, regularily.

Yes, regularily.

So you criticise a nation with an immensely proud heritage and culture which is socially and technogically light years ahead of us here in the West because they chose to defend it's society, heritage and culture. Well done I'm sure most Japanese people are laughing their heads off at you.

• Advertisement

Yes, regularily.

You mean if you are not there for business or tourism then get out? Yup that seems fair to me?

Do you have a criminal record? We need to protect our citizens! that seems fair to me.

My my what a fancy camera, 60 meters of det cord and some soft material that resembles Marzipan in 1lb packages? You arent coming in.

So you are coming to Japan with no Travel insurance, No money, no skill set and no one to meet you? You arent coming in.

I want to let you in but this shower called Interpol have you on a "Whats Hot" list. You arent coming in.

Looks like reasonable refusals to me.

You mean if (................) refusals to me.

"Nearly a third of foreigners living in Japan say they have experienced derogatory remarks because of their background, while about 40% have suffered housing discrimination, according to a landmark survey."
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/japan-racism-survey-reveals-one-in-three-foreigners-experience-discrimination

.".. Japan makes a push to join the U.N. Security Council, it is getting some unwelcome news. An independent investigator from the U.N. Commission on Human Rights says he will report that discrimination in Japan is "deep and profound."

https://web.archive.org/web/20090204153432/http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2005-07/2005-07-11-voa9.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Good point but our native population is almost below replacement levels. Sure they drop from 8 kids to 4 kids but that is as fast as binary fission

Actually it is below replacement level. Our fertility rate is 1.80, which is the lowest in the state's history.

"Nearly a third of foreigners living in Japan say they have experienced derogatory remarks because of their background, while about 40% have suffered housing discrimination, according to a landmark survey."
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/japan-racism-survey-reveals-one-in-three-foreigners-experience-discrimination

.".. Japan makes a push to join the U.N. Security Council, it is getting some unwelcome news. An independent investigator from the U.N. Commission on Human Rights says he will report that discrimination in Japan is "deep and profound."

https://web.archive.org/web/20090204153432/http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2005-07/2005-07-11-voa9.cfm

Where do you get this nonsense from. Japan is probably the most socially and technogically advanced country in the world. I don't think most Japanaese people really care what the Guardian thinks of them. Also why have you posted an article dated 2005. At the end of the day Japan is dead right prioritising it's own over forgeiners more countries including Ireland should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Genderation identity more like

Where do you get this nonsense from. Japan is probably the most socially and technogically advanced country in the world. I don't think most Japanaese people really care what the Guardian thinks of them. Also why have you posted an article dated 2005. At the end of the day Japan is dead right prioritising it's own over forgeiners more countries including Ireland should do the same.

So you're saying that the accusation of Japanese racism is not true, and - in the same paragraph - accept it is true and approve of it.

So you're saying that the accusation of Japanese racism is not true, and - in the same paragraph - accept it is true and approve of it.

It's not racist to prioritise natives in their homeland.

So you accept that the Japanese discriminate against others then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

That discrimination spreads beyond their own shores also some Japanese run clubs and bars tend to refuse entry to anyone not Japanese in cities like Singapore. Is bizarre to say the least and wouldn't endear themselves over the policy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hardly anyone in Christianity follows the old testament

The Jews do though.

• Advertisement

So you accept that the Japanese discriminate against others then?

So I take you believe forgeiners should be given if you crictising Japan for not giving houses to forgeiners. I don't care if they discriminate against others it's their country they can do what they like their not hurting anyone from other countries but I do think we should take a leaf out of their book.

You said about Japan that "no one accuses them of racism".

This has been proven incorrect beyond dispute. Just because you don't consider them racist doesn't mean nobody does. Irrefutable examples of them being accused of racism - which is what you said nobody accuses them of - were given.

Best to just accept you were wrong there and carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

So I take you believe forgeiners should be given if you crictising Japan for not giving houses to forgeiners. I don't care if they discriminate against others it's their country they can do what they like their not hurting anyone from other countries but I do think we should take a leaf out of their book.

it may be their country, but they don't have a right to engage in discrimination. no country has a right to do what it likes, and if a country is involved in discrimination, it is hurting those it discriminates against. not a chance should we take a leaf out of their book.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Billy86 wrote: »
    You said about Japan that "no one accuses them of racism".

This has been proven incorrect beyond dispute. Just because you don't consider them racist doesn't mean nobody does. Irrefutable examples of them being accused of racism - which is what you said nobody accuses them of - were given.

Best to just accept you were wrong there and carry on.

It was hardly highly publicised that Japan is racist which it isn't might I add.

So you now accept Japanese racism and think we should be so ourselves. Lovely.

It was hardly highly publicised that Japan is racist which it isn't might I add.

But you agreed that it is
    At the end of the day Japan is dead right prioritising it's own over forgeiners more countries including Ireland should do the same.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108754740&postcount=165

I don't care if they discriminate against others it's their country they can do what they like their not hurting anyone from other countries but I do think we should take a leaf out of their book.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108754884&postcount=172

So you were wrong.

Also, are we talking about the same Japan that has been opening its borders more and more, and has committed to 500,000 foreign workers this year on top of extending and expanding visa programs due to their previous method proving unsustainable as the working population has dropped 10mn over the last 20 years and the number of pensions to pay keeps on growing?

It seems they're no longer so fond of their own old policies anymore, either.

it may be their country, but they don't have a right to engage in discrimination. no country has a right to do what it likes, and if a country is involved in discrimination, it is hurting those it discriminates against. not a chance should we take a leaf out of their book.

So putting your own is discrimination now is it? It benefits the Japanese people who live in Japan. Like it or not Japan is a very highly regarded country as it's very technologically advanced more so than any other country in the world it's highly regarded for being highly civilised.

Also when was the last time you heard of an Islamic terror attack on the streets of Tokyo or riots in a ghetto populated by forgeiners in Japan something that happens regularly in Europe.

So you now at least know you were wrong. Understood.

Also, are we talking about the same Japan that has been opening its borders more and more, and has committed to 500,000 foreign workers this year on top of extending and expanding visa programs due to their previous method proving unsustainable as the working population has dropped 10mn over the last 20 years and the number of pensions to pay keeps on growing?

It seems they're no longer so fond of their own old policies anymore, either.

• Advertisement

Your the one who thinks Japan is racist not me. I don't think it's racist to prioritise you own people nor do I or I'm sure most Japanese people care if you think they are racist fact is they are not. It's not racist to prioritise a nations own people.

Advertisement