Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

we pokemon rpg core games of pokemon games in 2017 even so its remake sun and moon its still counts as official pokemon rpg core game and that we got spinoff of pokemon rpg yellow called pokemon let's go Pikachu / Eevee this year and official pokemon rpg core and continuation to pokemon let's go game next year on switch 2019.
    its too early for a official pokemon rpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That's a lot of Pokemon for one sentence. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

SMITE is out tomorrow.

I assume its free. Old game. Was fun 4/5 years ago on PC. Not sure how it will translate on Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

WARFRAME (Switch) Gameplay first look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4JHhfaDSEU

This is how I feel Metroid should be played; in a 3rd person perspective and switch to 1st person for things like shooting and scanning.
    GAME FACTS

Platforms: Switch, PC Steam, PS4, Xbox One

Developer/Publisher: Digital Extremes

Genre: Third-Person Co-op F2P Action

Ship Date: Nintendo Switch November 20, 2018

Distribution: Worldwide

Ratings: ESRB M; PEGI 18; USK 16; CERO D

GAME DESCRIPTION

With more than 38 million registered players worldwide, the cooperative, free-to-play hit Warframe is a third-person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Warframe gives players the chance to master the Warframe armor as the enigmatic Tenno, a race of ancient warriors wielding blade and gun, who are awakened from centuries of cryo-sleep by the mysterious guide, Lotus, to restore order throughout the Solar System.

NINTENDO SWITCH DETAILS

FREE: Warframe is free-to-play on Nintendo Switch and digitally downloadable.

Cooperative Four-Player Gameplay: Warframe delivers dynamic 1-4 player cooperative play on Nintendo Switch on day one.

Launch Content: Warframe launched on PC in March 2013. When Warframe arrives on Nintendo Switch November 20, it will deliver more than five years' of game content including 23 major updates, three cinematic quests, one open-world update and 36 Warframes.

All of the content up to the Mask of the Revenant update -- updates, weapons, Warframes, items, gear -- are included at Nintendo Switch launch.

The current Prime Access program will provide players with access to Mesa Prime, Mag Prime, and Chroma Prime, and will be in-line with currently running Prime programs on all other systems at launch.

Post-Launch Content: Warframe is a games-as-a-service title constantly offering regular free updates.

The open world Fortuna expansion will arrive on Nintendo Switch soon.

Garuda, the 37th Warframe, will arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneous with the Fortuna update.

Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019 (exact date TBD).

Controllers, Motion Control: Warframe will support motion controls and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers at launch. Tenno can use the classic L/R Joy-Con controllers 1) attached to the Nintendo Switch console, 2) attached to the Nintendo Switch Grip, 3) detached Joy-Con controllers, and 4) Pro Controllers. Players can customize the level of sensitivity in the menu to their liking!

Motion Controls: Motion control functionality is available at launch. All controls - mining, shooting, fishing, etc. - are motion control enabled.

Chat: Warframe provides built-in voice chat, and does not require the Nintendo Switch Online App

Cross-Play - Digital Extremes loves the idea of cross-play, but currently Warframe does not support it.

Migrating Accounts - Just like with the PS4 and Xbox One accounts, Digital Extremes will permit players to migrate their PC account to their Nintendo Switch account. This will happen during a limited time frame from day one at launch to a future date (TBD).

Storage - As a games-as-a-service title with five years' worth of content, players can download Warframe straight to their system. We recommend a 32 or 64 GB SD card, as we plan to bring more content in the future.

Always Online: Warframe is an always-online game - meaning it requires an online connection to play.

Have Fun!: Start solo and invite friends to play as you level up. We'll join you in the Origin System, Tenno!

Warframe (Switch) Gameplay, Preview, Interview

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NSdh2uqyd8Q

First Look: Warframe for Nintendo Switch | Ars Technica

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rGplvW7VLeY

Mark Ollivierre, assistant producer for Digital Extremes, and Adam Creighton, studio GM and director of development for Panic Button, give Ars Technica a hands-on look at the Nintendo Switch version of the massively popular free-to-play shooter, Warframe.

Dexteritrip - Nintendo Switch Trailer
    A dexterity challenge!

Dexteritrip is a frenetic, hardcore and minimalist fast paced action platform game, in which your gaming skills will be constantly tested. Face up to 100 super challenging levels of increasing difficulty, which will have you avoiding death traps, planning your moves, teleporting, shifting gravity and killing enemies.

Two completely different game modes add up for variety: clear all enemies to make progress in "Kill Them All" mode and race to the end of the level defying gravity in "Keep The Flow" mode. Team up with a friend in the first one and compete against him in the second!

Features - 2 Game modes with completely different mechanics - 100 super challenging levels - 2 Player coop in "Kill Them All" Mode - 2 player VS in "Keep The Flow" Mode - Clean and minimalist visual style - Time attack challenges with record saving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-YJkdMTgA4

• Advertisement

We Played Smash Bros. Ultimate for 4 HOURS - Hands-On Preview (World of Light, Newcomers, & More!)
    We played a ton of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at a recent preview event and we talk all the new details we learned, such as the World of Light Adventure Mode, Spirits Board, Classic Mode, our thoughts on the newcomers feel, like Incineroar, Ken, Daisy, Simon, and King. K Rool, new options like Stage Morphing and the FInal Smash meter. how the game feels compared to Smash Bros. Wii U, and tons more! All this and more in our Super Smash Bros. Ultimate preview discussion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivyknxBbzgI

Nintendo of Japan have just put out this SSBU Introduction Trailer.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate SPECIAL Introduction Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqhPRopjbGI

3% Of Ubisoft’s Total Sales In The Second Quarter Of 2018-19 Came From The Nintendo Switch

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/20/3-of-ubisofts-total-sales-in-the-second-quarter-of-2018-19-came-from-the-nintendo-switch/

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/pressrelease_downloadablemm_20181030_050020_ubisofth1fy19englishfinal_tcm99-339620_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

That's terrible but kind of understandable and to be expected. Don't think Starlink will help much next quarter either as it bombed badly and is already discounted despite only releasing a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The toy aspect of that game was a disaster. They should have just released it as a 'regular' game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    3% Of Ubisoft’s Total Sales In The Second Quarter Of 2018-19 Came From The Nintendo Switch

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/20/3-of-ubisofts-total-sales-in-the-second-quarter-of-2018-19-came-from-the-nintendo-switch/

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/pressrelease_downloadablemm_20181030_050020_ubisofth1fy19englishfinal_tcm99-339620_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

That's terrible but kind of understandable and to be expected. Don't think Starlink will help much next quarter either as it bombed badly and is already discounted despite only releasing a month ago.

I think the crows in the trees knew that a toys to life game is a dead format.
    Mr E wrote: »
    The toy aspect of that game was a disaster. They should have just released it as a 'regular' game.

And this too, the game would have been a nice taste of Starfox on other formats had they ditched the toy/DLC aspect completely.
    Heck, they could have done a Dinosaur Planet/Starfox Adventures and simply re-purposed the whole game into a new Starfox title, could have made plenty of money on the Switch as an exclusive.

• Advertisement

Consumer Service: How to Prepare a Nintendo Switch for Trade-In or Sale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0FN7WbRQ0

New Nintendo Switch model incoming in 2019... ;) Seriously though, I do expect a new model next year, possibly by the Summer but Christmas seems more likely. It'll be released within a couple of months of the announcement. I'm 99% sure it's going to happen.

Beholder: Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch - Official Reveal Trailer
    Developer Warm Lamp Games and publisher Curve Digital have announced that its award-winning totalitarian spy simulation - Beholder: Complete Edition, will launch on the eShop for Nintendo Switch on December 6th, complete with the ‘Blissful Sleep’ DLC.

Already available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, Beholder has sold almost one million units to date and has won numerous awards including GDC 2017 – Best in Play! and Dev Gamm 2017 – Best Indie Game. Beholder: Complete Edition puts you in the shoes of Carl, a state-installed manager of an apartment building, tasked by a tyrannical state to spy on his tenants. In order to unmask and report anyone that might be plotting subversion against the state, you must eavesdrop, place wiretaps and cameras and search apartments.

Beholder: Collector's Edition will launch for Nintendo Switch December 6th, retailing for £11.99, €14.99, $14.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTgzsYzlwts

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

To connect your smartphone app pokemon go to Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee! you turn on your Bluetooth on your smartphone. Then go to options in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee and click the open pokemon go option wait until Nintendo switch symbol works on appears your smartphone and now your Nintendo switch. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee travel to Fuchsia city and transfer your pokemon from smartphone app pokemon go to go park and its also works vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I have been waiting on a price drop on the switch for ages now, just doesnt seem to want to go down in price..

Smyths have a "Black friday special" beside some of their bundles, but they are just the same price they were the last few weeks.. :confused:

I could get a ps4 with red dead redemption 2 and it would be like €50-€60 cheaper than a switch with a year old game..

Even the games dont go down much in price, whats the deal here? :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

nix wrote: »
    I have been waiting on a price drop on the switch for ages now, just doesnt seem to want to go down in price..

Smyths have a "Black friday special" beside some of their bundles, but they are just the same price they were the last few weeks.. :confused:

I could get a ps4 with red dead redemption 2 and it would be like €50-€60 cheaper than a switch with a year old game..

OSI wrote: »
    Switch is £250 on Amazon down from £280

it's still a fairly new console high in demand. £250 with a weaker pound is a good deal. Fish around and you can find some good deals on games. And buying games digitally can save you some money a lot of the time. Russia/South Africa/Norway e-shops in particular offer good prices and there's very little messing around in being able to use them.

Switch is £250 on Amazon down from £280

Yeah thats with no game, the game bundles are all pretty much the same price they were last few weeks. Add on price conversion and added VAT and its the same price it is in Smyths :(

manual_man wrote: »
    it's still a fairly new console high in demand. £250 with a weaker pound is a good deal. Fish around and you can find some good deals on games. And buying games digitally can save you some money a lot of the time. Russia/South Africa/Norway e-shops in particular offer good prices and there's very little messing around in being able to use them.

I hate buying digitally, i like the option to sell on, ill only convert to digital on console when it becomes an option to play that game forever on future consoles.

Like how it works on PC :pac:

But eh, i could justify forking out for the console if i could save on the games, but even they seem to be remaining top price. Heck even Mario kart is still like 50 and thats a repackage of a WiiU game :eek::pac:

I've never found the bundles well priced anyway.

With the extra VAT and currency currency it works out to €290, that's a good €40 cheaper than Smyths.

€298, just went to checkout on it, and again no game, you can get switch and mario odyssey for €340 in Smyths. So would be saving €10 going with that package over the switch on its own for 300 :pac:

If Nintendo want to have any chance of reaching the 20 million target that they have for the fiscal year then there'll have to be some good sale prices between now and Christmas.

Here's the English version of that SSSBU trailer posted this morning.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Overview Trailer feat. The Announcer – Nintendo Switch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WLu7e8RZoYc

IMO, it's not a great idea having The Announcer narrating the Overview Trailer. He only really works for soundbites. The video itself is good though.

• Advertisement

vg_cm18_cmsi_01.jpg

Super Smash Brawl Smash Brothers series amiibo 63 species set (【Amazon.co.jp Limited】 Special amiibo Storage Box & Special Hanging Scroll (Stage Material Used) Included)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?node=6154987051&linkCode=ll2&tag=nineverything-22&linkId=3388ff367a21e35e3ba3efdf25185364&language=ja_JP

It's limited to 50 sets. I can't wait to see the price of these. You'd imagine it got to be at least the equivalent of €1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

That's a good thing once you have purchased though as it's about as depreciation free as a console can be.

I bought one new last Christmas for around 300 and a year later got 250 cash in CEX for it.

That's pretty much as good as it gets in the console world

amadablam wrote: »
    That's a good thing once you have purchased though as it's about as depreciation free as a console can be.

I bought one new last Christmas for around 300 and a year later got 250 cash in CEX for it.

That's pretty much as good as it gets in the console world

Yeah, honestly i dont mind kicking up the 340 for the console and game, but whats worrying me is the games aint going down in value much. With the PS4 or PC, a few months later and you can get a game for half the price or less than what it was on release.

I dont mind paying full over priced whack for things the odd time as long as i can get a bargain here or there.. Just not seeing many on the switch end of things... which is a first in all the consoles i have had over the years tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Need a Ken amiboo to go with my Ryu one :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Warframe is available to play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Yeah, honestly i dont mind kicking up the 340 for the console and game, but whats worrying me is the games aint going down in value much. With the PS4 or PC, a few months later and you can get a game for half the price or less than what it was on release.

I dont mind paying full over priced whack for things the odd time as long as i can get a bargain here or there.. Just not seeing many on the switch end of things... which is a first in all the consoles i have had over the years tbh

Just to save you wondering, we're not going to see price drops comparative to other platforms. You might see the odd reduced game but I don't think you'll ever see a first party title for €30 for example, except when they release 'Nintendo Selects' versions which only apply to certain titles a few years after release.

I'm all digital and mostly buy games that are on sale. It's frustrating but par for the course when buying a Nintendo system.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Just to save you wondering, we're not going to see price drops comparative to other platforms. You might see the odd reduced game but I don't think you'll ever see a first party title for €30 for example, except when they release 'Nintendo Selects' versions which only apply to certain titles a few years after release.

I'm all digital and mostly buy games that are on sale. It's frustrating but par for the course when buying a Nintendo system.

You will get the odd bargain on first party games. Amazon.de did three games for €100 (or something like that) a few months back and someone here posted that Arms was reduced the other day.

Pac1Man wrote: »

There are rare occasions where Nintendo games get slashed in price. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido is probably the most recent example. There's failing and then there's rolling off a cliff, plummetting into a ravine and bursting into flames failing. I could never see the attraction in that game, it didn't review great either. You can buy it new for £14. I bet some people don't even remember that game and it came out in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anyone looking for a hidden gem of a puzzle game, I'd actually recommend Sushi Striker, but probably on the 3DS rather than the Switch, due to the split screen and better stylus control. Once you get into it it's extremely fun, it actually reviewed fine when it came out but wasn't one of the games that got much promotion or marketing. It was €10 in Smyths I think last week, it's a bargain if they still had more copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    it didn't review great either

Huh? 76 average for a puzzle game is great.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/sushi-striker-the-way-of-sushido

Advertisement