Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Putting Nintendo Switch’s 8.2 million US Switch sales in context
    First 20 months of sales data puts Nintendo's hybrid console in rarified company.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/putting-nintendo-switchs-8-2-million-us-switch-sales-in-context/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote:
    Putting Nintendo Switch's 8.2 million US Switch sales in context First 20 months of sales data puts Nintendo's hybrid console in rarified company.

Nobody would guess what would be no.1 there. 20 months is a random period of time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nobody would guess what would be no.1 there. 20 months is a random period of time though.

Is 20 months not from launch to the end of October?

Nintendo Will Take Number One Spot From Sony In 2019 Game Console Market, Says Strategy Analytics

https://news.strategyanalytics.com/press-release/devices/nintendo-will-take-number-one-spot-sony-2019-game-console-market-says

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So much for the Switch losing steam. I wish the feckers would make up their mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mr E wrote: »
    So much for the Switch losing steam. I wish the feckers would make up their mind.

They're just guessing chancers.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

200w.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is nearly here!
    I have ordered a physical copy for my Switch from Videogamesplus, worked out at €35 all in, as the pre-order entitled me to free shipping, and it's got some nice bonus material in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've mine ordered too, look forward to bringing Ollie his missing music sheets! ;)

Koei Tecmo are teasing a new game for Switch, PS4 and Windows.

Translation:
    We released a teaser site where a burning flame burns.
    12.6 "The fight of destiny begins."
    (link: https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/new20181206/) gamecity.ne.jp/new20181206/
    Please wait for the next report!

I've read that the date probably means that it'll debut in Japan’s most popular gaming magazine, Famitsu, where very often leaks occur, so if that happens, expect more information between Monday and Wednesday. There's no XB1 version listed but that doesn't mean much as it tends to get Western releases. The Game Awards are also on 6th December, so there's a very high chance that a trailer will be shown there.

Battle Princess Madelyn - 7 Day Countdown!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p_J_UOo2aS8
    Battle Princess Madelyn, developed and created by Causal Bit Games, follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard. Set in the vein of Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!

Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!

Features
    • Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
    • Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame!
    • A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
    • Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of game play: Arcade which is fast paced old school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess!
    • Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
    • 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages - some of which branch!
    • Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armor in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode!
    • Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas!
    • An original story written by a professional children's author.

It's also coming to Wii U, but at a later date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Autosport was a result of negative feedback of GRID 2. It's good. Honestly the Switch really needs more decent racing games, so I'm glad to see this.

I wonder will the Switch feature on The Late Late Toy Show tonight. Nintendo haven't featured much on it over the last number of years. It was on it last year but you wouldn't even know, no names were mentioned, 1,2 Switch was on for literally about a minute, which was $h1t enough, but they played that fashion posing tripe.

ARK: Survival Evolved - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJazzrC9EjI

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    I wonder will the Switch feature on The Late Late Toy Show tonight. Nintendo haven't featured much on it over the last number of years. It was on it last year but you wouldn't even know, no names were mentioned, 1,2 Switch was on for literally about a minute, which was $h1t enough, but they played that fashion posing tripe.

There's one right behind Tubs now. Probably show it over the Xbox or PS4 this year.

Stardew Valley developer splits with publisher, strikes out on his own
    All but the Switch and mobile versions will now be handled by ConcernedApe

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/30/18120098/stardew-valley-developer-publisher-changes

Pokémon: Let’s Go! - Play with Pokémon GO & Poké Ball Plus - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GrsVmwwPAg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So they succeeded in making Labo look crap. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Should have had Ciderman on in his Robot Kit!

To be fair, it doesn't need help in that regard. :p But, ya, it was fairly atrocious. Didn't say what system it was for, I don't think. Didn't mention that you construct it, how it works, it looked terrible on screen, no coordination, it was like a broken mess and he didn't ask the kid if he liked it. Ryan acted the eejit as well. No parent would have been sold on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

manual_man wrote: »
    Should have had Ciderman on in his Robot Kit!

Still in the box it was delivered in, and in the boot of the car too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

To be fair, it doesn't need help in that regard. :p But, ya, it was fairly atrocious. Didn't say what system it was for, I don't think. Didn't mention that you construct it, how it works, it looked terrible on screen, no coordination, it was like a broken mess and he didn't ask the kid if he liked it. Ryan acted the eejit as well. No parent would have been sold on it.

A parent friend of mine, text asking about it last night after seeing it on the toy show. Didn't see it myself but it must not have been too bad a showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It was pretty terrible in fairness, but Tubridy makes every toy look like garbage every year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    ARK: Survival Evolved - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

Just watched a review. What a horrific looking port. Pass from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The kid said he was playing Switch. I'm pretty sure it was the only thing he commented negatively on when he could've just listened to what he was told to do. But rushed through it.

For those who didn't see the Switch section on The Late Late Toy Show last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tubridy is about as relatable and comfortable interacting with society as an android who's been programmed by a recluse.

He constantly reminds me of this gif

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Advertisement