Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I very much enjoyed Skyward Sword to be perfectly honest. My only problem with it was Fi being too 'helpful' and too naggy when you were wandering and trying stuff out instead of going to the main story stuff, and the battery notifications.
    Get rid of those, and it'd be much better. Could be done with a simple toggle to include hints or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wow, December's going to be expensive. Katamari, Everspace and Pillars of Eternity II.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    My only problem with it was Fi being too 'helpful' and too naggy when you were wandering and trying stuff out instead of going to the main story stuff, and the battery notifications.

I have the same problem with Mrs Ciderman....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ElderlyBareArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

Mrs Ciderman is a saint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

skyward swords good idea for remake into HD had but have both options to play it with motions controls and without motions controls so it can suit everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wait, an actual Katamari game is getting a physical realease on Switch? Before Christmas?

That's the best news ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Could Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Work on Switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHryvOytgU8

Yes it can happen, and in a way I hope it does happen, if for no other reason, than more people can get to see how bad a Zelda game it is. I liked the motion controls(one of the few good things about the game) despite the constant recalibration. IGN talk about making quality of life improvements, like in Wind Waker HD, but for me you can't fix this game, it would take a mountain of work and even then it wouldn't be great because of so many fundamental problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Wait, an actual Katamari game is getting a physical realease on Switch? Before Christmas?

That's the best news ever.

It's fantastic
    Plus, you get to enthrall everyone on the bus with the best soundtrack ever!

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2019 TOUCH OUT NOW ON NINTENDO SWITCH

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/football-manager-2019-touch-out-now-on-nintendo-switch/

It's £30, so it should be €35 but you never know with some developers.

• Advertisement

Nintendo Switch loses shine as killer product for new gaming era

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/nintendo-switch-loses-shine-as-killer-product-for-new-gaming-era-1.1174252

Interesting analysis from Bloomberg on the Switch including commentary from analysts on how maybe the bubble has burst. Their share price is on the wane.
    bc-nintendo-switch-loses-shine-as-killer-product-for-new-gaming-era.png

I think next year should be far better with big game releases and they should be throughout the year.

DtBwRR5XoAAMjpN.jpg
    The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part

Based on events from The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part, alien invaders have left Bricksburg in ruins! It is now up to Emmet, Lucy and a host of heroic characters to go beyond their world and save their friends from the strange inhabitants of the Systar System. “Packed with fan-favourite and exciting new characters, mysterious locations and action from both the sequel and the original blockbuster The LEGO®Movie, TheLEGO® Movie 2 Videogame is a wild adventure for kids to explore,” said Arthur Parsons, Head of Design, TT Games Studios.

“Players must scour the stars for rare items, materials and tools to complete their collections and help their journey across the LEGO® universe, experiencing a wide array of amazing environments, wacky vehicles and incredible creatures along the way.” “TheLEGO® Movie 2 Videogame is a one-of-a-kind experience full of fantastic characters and open-world adventures with a strong emphasis on creative solutions to puzzles and building within the film’s universe,” said Sean William McEvoy, VP Digital Games & Apps, The LEGO Group. “LEGO®fans of all ages will have fun rebuilding their own world using tools to create roads, change the landscape and build structures to unlock more rewards and missions.”

Source: PR

It'll release on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC alongside the film and building sets.

sligeach wrote: »

bc-nintendo-switch-loses-shine-as-killer-product-for-new-gaming-era.png

I think next year should be far better with big game releases and they should be throughout the year.

I think the lack of a killer product over the year hurt summer sales compared to the holiday season, but the sales over the June to September were much the same in both years.
    I wonder will the upcoming SSBU make a big sales difference this year?
    And I wonder how sales of PS/XB compare in the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Was listening to Today FM last week and they reckon people will need to pre order Super Smash Bros or they may not be able to get a copy for Xmas. Is that correct?

If so, where is the best place to pre order? I want to get a copy for my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lemlin wrote: »
    Was listening to Today FM last week and they reckon people will need to pre order Super Smash Bros or they may not be able to get a copy for Xmas. Is that correct?

If so, where is the best place to pre order? I want to get a copy for my son.

Does he have a Switch or is he getting one from Santa? If it's from Santa you could always set it up, download the game and rebox it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was lying wide awake in bed at 5:30am this morning so I started browsing youtube.
    Spawn Wave put up an impressions video last night of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (due out next week).

He has nothing but great things to say about it.
    Having watched the video, it has a lot more depth than the average platformer - lots of collectables, powers, upgrades....

At €39.99 it's a bit on the steep side, but it's jumping to the top of my wishlist (€33 in South Africa)

Out on December 4th (next Tuesday)

Football Manager 2019 Touch - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h31v-kp5320

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does he have a Switch or is he getting one from Santa? If it's from Santa you could always set it up, download the game and rebox it.

He already has it. Got it last Xmas.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I was lying wide awake in bed at 5:30am this morning so I started browsing youtube.
    Spawn Wave put up an impressions video last night of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (due out next week).

He has nothing but great things to say about it.
    Having watched the video, it has a lot more depth than the average platformer - lots of collectables, powers, upgrades....

At €39.99 it's a bit on the steep side, but it's jumping to the top of my wishlist (€33 in South Africa)

Out on December 4th (next Tuesday)

And one of our own is in it!
    BGOllie a moderator here and talented musician of some renown is in it, having contributed to the game, as far as I know.
    There are collectibles in the game that can be given/traded with him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    Boo :(

Same. I've never finished it - I think I got to just past the first fight, and I wasn't loving it, and just got a bit annoyed with the controls, so I dropped it. That said, I'd love another go at it, as well as pushing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD onto it, to ease the gap until the BotW sequel.

Mr E wrote: »

Nintendo shuts down Zelda: Skyward Sword Switch port reports
    UPDATE: "At this time we have no plans."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-26-nintendo-fans-excited-by-zelda-skyward-sword-nintendo-switch-port-reports

Fixed. "At this time". Nintendo have put out statements like that before denying that something is happening, only for it to be revealed a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just wondering, how did people get Smash 2 weeks early? I don't mean the pirates, but the ones who got physical copies?

Careless shop managers/thieving shop assistants. They get a crate of games in with a big sticker saying "Do not open until December 7th", shop assistant says "screw that" and 'borrows' a copy.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just wondering, how did people get Smash 2 weeks early? I don't mean the pirates, but the ones who got physical copies?

I was curious too and read this on Monday.

How Pirated Versions of ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ Leaked Weeks Before Release
    “As far as Switch games go this is the biggest ever,” one Switch piracy community member said.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kzv7ge/how-pirated-super-smash-bros-ultimate-leaked-nintendo-switch

Oh sorry, I misread your question, but no matter, the answer is in here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Panic Button are wizards with their ports. They mentioned they have a few more to be announced for Switch 'very soon' as well I believe they said.

Advertisement