Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Grassey wrote: »
    The horror!

Probably worded that badly, I'm not really against apps on switch, after seeing the quality of the YouTube app I wouldn't mind a Netflix one.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

about time youtube arrive today on nintendo but its wasn't here the smorning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

iamtony wrote:
    Probably worded that badly, I'm not really against apps on switch, after seeing the quality of the YouTube app I wouldn't mind a Netflix one.

Nah, I'm just being flippant. I'm one of those people who prefer a console to be a console. Like the good old days of insert cartridge, press start, play repeat. (toss in voice chat as something else as pointless and unnecessary! 😂)

Id rather they focused energy on making the UI a bit better on Switch, and a snes/n64/wii/wiiu back catelog over apps that are everywhere and I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to use them on the switch over other devices.

Grassey wrote: »
    Nah, I'm just being flippant. I'm one of those people who prefer a console to be a console. Like the good old days of insert cartridge, press start, play repeat. (toss in voice chat as something else as pointless and unnecessary! ��)

Id rather they focused energy on making the UI a bit better on Switch, and a snes/n64/wii/wiiu back catelog over apps that are everywhere and I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to use them on the switch over other devices.

You missed a whole generation there. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

How could I forget my beloved cube!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

iamtony wrote: »
    Just watching it on the arm of my chair with headphones in and the quality is very very good, and loading is very fast. Only problem I have is its the TV version so no comment section.

At times I wonder if that's such a bad thing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Trine Series 1-3 Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uI1p906WY

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - "Everyone is Here" Banner Comes to Life (Trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKLSpdJPEaA

Really good ad for SSBU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

THQ Nordic announces Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, and The Raven Remastered for Switch

They will be sold physically and digitally for €29.99.

I had Sphinx for the Gamecube - it was a very good game!

https://nintendoeverything.com/thq-nordic-announces-sphinx-and-the-cursed-mummy-the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2-and-the-raven-remastered-for-switch/

It's nice that they're coming to Switch, but they're taking the proverbial p1$$ with the price of these games. They're old games, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was released on the Gamecube way back when. I bought The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 at launch physically on Wii U for less than €20 including postage. It has been on sale numerous times digitally since on the eShop for as little as a few Euro. Asking for €30 now is a bit rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sligeach wrote: »
    It's nice that they're coming to Switch, but they're taking the proverbial p1$$ with the price of these games. They're old games, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was released on the Gamecube way back when. I bought The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 at launch physically on Wii U for less than €20 including postage. It has been on sale numerous times digitally since on the eShop for as little as a few Euro. Asking for €30 now is a bit rich.

It's across the board with Switch releases probably because it's so easy to port to. I own games like Syberia and the Trine games on other systems so I'm never gong to pay full price for them, but I'll eventually pick them up on sale in six months time or so because I'd like to have them portable.

Did you miss the "Remastered" adjective? They aren't releasing the 20 year old game as is.
    Redoing all the graphics to make them HD isn't cheap... wait until you see the final product before spitting fire. :o

My ire is aimed more towards The Book of Unwritten Tales 2. But the remaster of Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is on Steam for €15, it's been out for just over a year there.

Smash Rivals Anytime, Anywhere - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErGu5jGMnI

Really good bad ad for SSBU.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Didn't see anything wrong with that ad to be honest. Thought it was pretty good actually.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Secrets & References in the Live Banner Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmcuXkYIqww

They did a good job. If you check out the comments section on the Youtube page you'll notice a few other references that they missed.

The eshop had been updated with a revamped search screen. You can now search/browse by genre...

SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=961F-VtoaYo

• Advertisement

The Game Awards 2018 website has opened and the nominees for this year have been announced in a range of categories.

https://thegameawards.com/awards/

The site is down at the minute. Celeste has done alright, getting nominations in a number of categories, including the big one, Game of the Year Award. The lists also emphasise how quiet things have been for Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ni No Kuni nominated ahead of Xenoblade in RPG category is a very strange one. It missing out on a Music nomination is even worse, it has a fantastic soundtrack. It being released last December was probably a factor. I know these awards aren't to be taken too serious really. It's really an announcement show, or thats what a lot of people really watch it for anyway.

Over 1,000 games for everyone on Nintendo Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlfbBi693g

Hhmmm! How many of that total are new, not old ports, not shovelware, not cheap mobile ports? Looking at the photo for the video, they've used all the big games and names but even a lot of them are ports. And down in the bottom right, they've listed Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, which isn't out until next year. SSBU isn't out on the system yet either, there's still a month to go but yes its inclusion is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Were we aware that Travis Strikes Again had a season pass?

Rumour: PlatinumGames Has Three Nintendo Switch Games In Development

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/rumour-platinumgames-has-three-nintendo-switch-games-in-development/

My guesses on the other 2 besides Bayonetta 3 are The Wonderful 101 and Star Fox Zero. I'm sure the failure of the latter has stuck in Miyamoto's craw, he won't like it and I bet he wants it to be a million seller at least on Switch. The game felt incomplete on Wii U, like a real lazy effort chucked out at the end, similar to Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. They can fix the controls at least and add in online multi-player. They should be able to bump up and resolution too. The framerate hovered around 50 to 60 on Wii U using both screens. It should be a doddle now to lock it at 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they won't happen but new Okami or maybe even Viewtiful Joe. Think both are owned by Capcom though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

'In Development' sounds like new games but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

W101 would be brilliant, definitely my most wanted port on the Switch. I think at least 1 is a new game, I think Kamiya (or someone else from Platinum) mentioned about developing a new title for Switch ages ago.

Leaky Panda have been good with dates in the past but have been pretty patchy with actual game rumours. They got whole Direct content info wrong in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Game Awards 2018 website has opened and the nominees for this year have been announced in a range of categories.

https://thegameawards.com/awards/

The site is down at the minute. Celeste has done alright, getting nominations in a number of categories, including the big one, Game of the Year Award. The lists also emphasise how quiet things have been for Nintendo.

Nintendo owned 2017 and Octopath seems to have been nominated in several categories.
    Also, in the family category Nintendo dominate.
    All that should take from the fact that Sony and the PS4 have had an amazing year.

Advertisement