Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,970 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Smertrius wrote: »
    i try playing star link battle for atlas, the game is hard to follow without sound from your Communards and some background sounds. All I have sound is for my ship, my weapons and a little bit from some background sounds. This is a very quiet game Ubisoft. Thanks alot Ubisoft you made a boring game.

Did you try adjusting the game sounds in the options menu?

Sorry if this was posted already but have not seen it on thread

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

sligeach wrote: »
    'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' Slammed For "Racist" Mr. Game & Watch Reference

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/04/super-smash-bros-ultimate-nintendo-switch-racist-mr-game-and-watch/

F*** off snowflakes!
    Mr game & watch is black and white character so resembles characters from both races black and white people. Also this was 80s its was not consider racist that much back in those days as its is nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement

25 Things That Make No Sense About Nintendo Switch

https://www.thegamer.com/nintendo-switch-things-make-no-sense/

I agree with nearly all the points. Just a few I'd disagree with, that the Switch cartridges taste bad isn't a negative, and "It’s Treated Like A Handheld Despite Being A Home Console", that's because the Switch is a handheld, not a console, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,492 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

...that's because the Switch is a handheld, not a console, in my opinion.

It's both.

Edit: I just read the list. I agree with a lot of them, but they were really scraping the barrel to make 25, weren't they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Mr E wrote: »
    It's both.

Edit: I just read the list. I agree with a lot of them, but they were really scraping the barrel to make 25, weren't they? :)

They could have left it at about 10.

PIANISTA: The Legendary Virtuoso - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKPxuaf6DjM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's both.

Jesus they were stretching

"Weaker than consoles 6x the size and without built in batteries or screens" immediately followed by "games look worse"

No **** like, doesnt make sense to me that games on PS4 and XBOX dont look as good as on a powerful PC. Moron.

And we dont have 4 Zelda games yet, and no VC, making 3 points out of 1

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Enough ****ing NES crap. 3 games a month? Really? Just considering scrapping subscription altogether. Not really getting much online play in and just plain bored of the NES collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Bought 1 month of online, played Mario for 30 seconds went ah I remember this. Never used it again so just let it lapse.

In other news This War of Mine is getting a complete edition on Switch later this month. Great game, seems really suited to the switch, I might get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Enough ****ing NES crap. 3 games a month? Really? Just considering scrapping subscription altogether. Not really getting much online play in and just plain bored of the NES collection.

Agreed - NES games are nice for a bit of history and nostalgia - I find SMB3 unplayable on the Switch actually due to the control layout, and not being able to remap buttons - everyone wants to see SNES and onwards games. I'd love a proper N64 game schedule, and a GameCube one (and Wii if technically possible) - screw this NES nonsense.

This War of Mine: Complete Edition | Nintendo Switch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AlIoGXyUl0

This War of Mine: Complete Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch on 27th of November, 2018.

This War of Mine: Complete Edition consists of:
    • The original version of the game
    • Anniversary Edition content
    • The Little Ones DLC
    • Ep. 1: Father's Promise DLC
    • All the upcoming content - including Ep. 2 and 3

‘This War of Mine’, an anti-war survival game that gives insight into the heavy burden that survivors must carry during times of war, has continuously been expanded with new stories, scenarios, further civilians, and additional locations since its launch in 2014.

Thanks to massive community support, we were able to broaden the game with the story-driven DLC, "Father’s Promise”. To address one key element that had been missing from gameplay, we included children as playable civilians in another DLC, "The Little Ones." Rounding out the downloadable content available for the already expanded game, the "War Child" DLC was added that, to this day, continues to raise funds for the UK based charity of the same name which focuses their efforts on helping kids living in war zones.

On November 27th of this year, all the above DLC will be available in "This War of Mine Complete Edition" developed exclusively for the Nintendo Switch console.

Capcom considering more cloud games despite Resident Evil 7 shortcomings
    Streamed Switch version of horror hit “did not have a significant impact on earnings”, but publisher still sees promise in the technology

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-11-06-capcom-considering-more-cloud-games-despite-resident-evil-7-shortcomings

I do not consider this good news. Capcom are notoriously lazy and this just lets them dump games on the Cloud service instead of doing some work. And you never own the games. It could be that they're only thinking about more Cloud games in Japan, rather than spreading it to the West. It's easier and more reliable to do in Japan.

GRIS - Release Date Trailer - Nintendo Switch

GRIS is a serene and evocative experience, free of danger, frustration or death. Players will explore a meticulously designed world brought to life with delicate art, detailed animation, and an elegant original score. Through the game, light puzzles, platforming sequences, and optional skill-based challenges will reveal themselves as more of GRIS’ world becomes accessible. GRIS is coming to Nintendo Switch on Dec. 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMGT09yDS8o

Capcom considering more cloud games despite Resident Evil 7 shortcomings
    Streamed Switch version of horror hit “did not have a significant impact on earnings”, but publisher still sees promise in the technology

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-11-06-capcom-considering-more-cloud-games-despite-resident-evil-7-shortcomings

I do not consider this good news. Capcom are notoriously lazy and this just lets them dump games on the Cloud service instead of doing some work. And you never own the games. It could be that they're only thinking about more Cloud games in Japan, rather than spreading it to the West. It's easier and more reliable to do in Japan.

Well, the whole industry seems to be heading that way. You've got Sony ramming PSNow down people's throats and Microsoft made some noise about their streaming tech at E3. Like it or not (and I don't), it seems the way gaming is heading.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, the whole industry seems to be heading that way. You've got Sony ramming PSNow down people's throats and Microsoft made some noise about their streaming tech at E3. Like it or not (and I don't), it seems the way gaming is heading.

Not really massive news, as Google are on the cusp of making streaming the beating heart of their videogame service that's currently testing in the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

its now November 8th and I search for youtube on the eshop and i found no youtube app. Are we sure this story is true about and we are getting youtube app on november 8th for the nintendo switch.

Watch the news sites (IGN, Nintendo Life) or keep an eye on this thread. Once it's out, you'll know about it.

Is it still just a rumour though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Watch the news sites (IGN, Nintendo Life) or keep an eye on this thread. Once it's out, you'll know about it.

Is it still just a rumour though?
    I'm pretty sure it's a rumour - nothing confirmed that I heard of

Yes it's just a rumour. There was also a rumour a few days ago that there's to be another Direct in November. It'll focus on the games coming out between now(minus SSBU) and early 2019. It could be BS.

The YouTube app is now live, apparently.

https://nintendoeverything.com/youtube-app-now-live-on-switch/

Kick back and relax with YouTube on your Nintendo Switch. Enjoy entertainment like music videos and shows, plus gaming livestreams, how-to guides and much more. YouTube is now available to download from Nintendo eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

It's weird how the mind works, we all just want what we can't have. I've never been so excited to get a YouTube app even though I'll probably never use it.

I wonder is this the start of a flood of similar apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

The horror!

• Advertisement

Just watching it on the arm of my chair with headphones in and the quality is very very good, and loading is very fast. Only problem I have is its the TV version so no comment section.

Advertisement