Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DChancer wrote: »
    Guess again with the personal insults.
    I'm 55 , gainfully employed, own my home, pay my taxes.

I highly frakkin doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

To the best of my (very limited!) knowledge of libel law, the burden of proof is on the person who has made the allegedly defamatory statement/s - i.e. in the (admittedly very unlikely) event that O'Hanlon decided to march DChancer up the court steps, DChancer must prove that O'Hanlon lied; O'Hanlon does not need to prove the veracity of his story.

If your knowledge is as limited as you say then maybe you shouldn't be waving the law around so melodramatically ;)

It was a very silly comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Can't be all bad, is there not a nice pleasent holiday camp around this area, Mosney or something?

Can anyone recommend it for a summer visit next year for a game of frisbee, blowing bubbles, bright candyfloss and inflatable unicorns?

...and admission is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

minikin wrote: »
    Strawman away all you like... where did I mention migration at all?
    I equated our treatment by xenophobes with the treatment of ‘new Irish citizens’ by our own sad little home-grown xenophobes.

It's ironic that you mention a strawman, yet you were the one to bring race into this.

Everybody screaming racist, xenophobes etc, are you blind? What has this carry on got to do with race? It's that mentality that allowed huge numbers of CHILDREN be raped on a daily basis in the likes of the Netherlands. Police were afraid to do anything because lunatics would call them racists. The public shouldn't have any say in these matters at all, it's disgusting that the far left lunatics can have that kind of influence, that they can defend a youth throwing a bottle at a pregnant woman because he is not white. That it's ok for these animals to behave in such a manner, because they are not white. Color has nothing to do with it, so stop using it to defend these parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Gardaegularly deal with large crowds of youths and make arrests. The Juvenile Diversion Program and Oberstown Holiday Home are simply not fit for purpose in most cases.

We need many, many German Shepherds

Them's the boys to discourage any deviations from normative behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

MFPM wrote: »
    Well thank you for that contribution. In fact Balbriggan has improved dramatically in recent years. There was a huge problem with unsustainable planning but there has been a certain catch up. It's a vibrant multi cultural town that has no more problems than parts of Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford.

I hate all the racism that follows these stories. But what you've written above is rubbish.

Balbriggan is a kip. There is a disproportionate amount of social housing and nothing to do in the area beyond frequent scummy bars and fast food outlets. This brings unemployed people with nothing to do. But all this "it was a lovely town before the immigrants came" is rubbish too.

It was a kip before too.

Marketing it as a vibrant anything is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Bambi wrote: »

And many, many condoms. Cuts it off before the issue occurs. If you can't raise 'em, don't have 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Blazer wrote: »
    I highly frakkin doubt it.

I could care less what you think?
    I'd actually be surprised if you had the ability to form an original logical thought:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

I could care less what you think?
    I'd actually be surprised if you had the ability to form an original logical thought:D:D

He highly Frakkin doubts it. Now Im not sure if hes freaking or talking about Fracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It was a very silly comment to make.

Other than the name of the offence, was I incorrect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And many, many condoms. Cuts it off before the issue occurs. If you can't raise 'em, don't have 'em.

Just train the furry sharks to aim for the groin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    As some on here would say prove it or else it couldn't have possibly happened, also most of  the people that are giving out about the travelers and African youths here are not actually racist as most of the snowflakes claim us to be, as most can tell Africans tend to be black and travellers white so that claim has no credence, most normal folk just dont like poor behavior regardless of race ethnicity or whatever else. Plenty Irish scumbags in my local town and yes they are known as scumbags, just because these kids re black does mean we cant call them scumbags. Most people here would agree that plenty Irish scumbags now live in Australian and i certainly wouldn't call any Australian racist for calling out poor irish behaviour.

Seems like it has to be explained in every bloody thread but racial discrimination has been defined since 1969 as including race, ethnicity and nationality under the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
    Pointless arguing with the loons. If it was a story about a west African being racially abused, with the same unattributed quotes they’d be on squealing about how racist the Irish are etc. Pathetic.

I feel bad for you guys. It's so hard to express racists views these days. It's like bigots are the real victims.

So, here on this public message board, you're stating as fact that Aengus O'Hanlon, the writer listed for the article, invented this article which is a pack of lies? Unless you've got evidence to back that up, I believe it's fair to categorise your comments as libelous to Mr O'Hanlon?

No, libel was replaced by defamation in the 2009 Act.
    All im saying is if it was gang of Irish youths doing this i would call them scumbags just like i will call these youths scumbags. Race doesn't come into it for me its just people calling out bad behavior for what it is. I wouldn't agree with anybody saying all African youths are trouble makers but we should be free to call out loutish behavior regardless of race . Can you not see what is going on in London? Its PC gone mad that people cant mention the glaringly obvious backgrounds of these individuals.

The world is quite gone mad.

Many years ago I walking to lunch with a work colleague and a car nearly hit us. We both stepped back and he drove on. Both of us had very nearly apologised to the guy - regardless of the fact that the driver was completely in the wrong - because he was black.

More recently a very, very intelligent friend who I love dearly chastised me that I "can't say things like that" when I talking about a guy's criminal career. She was quite confounded when she realised she was defending, on autopilot, a convicted drug dealer and murderer just because he was black.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I’m living there since the 80s, all my life, and see plenty of it.

I’d love to be able to afford to move out of it now but I bought a house at the worst possible time.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Two very contrasting experiences so and as I say, I live in one of the most affordable newer estates. That's quite interesting.

Do you mean the large hounds or actual ovine caretakers from Bavaria?

EDIT: Either can get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    All im saying is if it was gang of Irish youths doing this i would call them scumbags just like i will call these youths scumbags. Race doesn't come into it for me its just people calling out bad behavior for what it is. I wouldn't agree with anybody saying all African youths are trouble makers but we should be free to call out loutish behavior regardless of race .

That's perfectly reasonable and I don't disagree. It just seems like these things get a lot more attention when they involve particular groups.

Although I do have to ask, is there a second video or is it just the one in the op? There doesn't seem to be any violence in it.

Commanchie wrote: »
    He highly Frakkin doubts it. Now Im not sure if hes freaking or talking about Fracking.

I think he meant the swear word from Battlestar Galactica. He is obviously a nerd living in his parent's house.

Other than the name of the offence, was I incorrect?

I never claimed you were "incorrect".

I said it was a silly comment to make. There is a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I think he meant the swear word from Battlestar Galactica. He is obviously a nerd living in his parent's house.

By knowing that reference does that make you a nerd living in your mothers house?

Just train the furry sharks to aim for the groin :)

What is a "furry shark"? I'm afraid to Google it. :o

• Advertisement

By knowing that reference does that make you a nerd living in your mothers house?

Never said I wasn't :)

EDIT: Alas the mother kicked me out many moons ago. I'm really nerd living in my wife's house.:p

That's perfectly reasonable and I don't disagree. It just seems like these things get a lot more attention when they involve particular groups.

Although I do have to ask, is there a second video or is it just the one in the op? There doesn't seem to be any violence in it.

There isn't much of anything going on. Not even shouting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It is an alleged quote from an alleged woman at the scene of an alleged incident with not a single shred of evidence to support it.
    I'm 55 , gainfully employed, own my home, pay my taxes.

An alleged 55 year old with an alleged job and an alleged home with not a single shred of evidence to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Yesterday I seen these 3 black young lads, all dressed in black, and they were using words like “fam” and “bruv”. Absolutely pathetic

Dafuq does fam mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Dafuq does fam mean?

Fam is short for family. Dafuq does dafuq mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Fam is short for family. Dafuq does dafuq mean?

Short for 'What the Fcuk'.

Now that's something new you've learned today sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Iamxavier wrote: »
    It's ironic that you mention a strawman, yet you were the one to bring race into this.

Everybody screaming racist, xenophobes etc, are you blind? What has this carry on got to do with race? It's that mentality that allowed huge numbers of CHILDREN be raped on a daily basis in the likes of the Netherlands. Police were afraid to do anything because lunatics would call them racists. The public shouldn't have any say in these matters at all, it's disgusting that the far left lunatics can have that kind of influence, that they can defend a youth throwing a bottle at a pregnant woman because he is not white. That it's ok for these animals to behave in such a manner, because they are not white. Color has nothing to do with it, so stop using it to defend these parasites.

Where are you getting this from???
    I haven't mentioned migration, called you on that strawman.
    I haven't mentioned race either.... can you actually read what I typed rather than what you imagine I typed???
    Do you know what xenophobia is?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT07qFCcBLdFcVMPxILbR2lq5BZYofGz2jc_UR4QwoA2lC81cvXqQ

minikin wrote: »
    Where are you getting this from???
    I haven't mentioned migration, called you on that strawman.
    I haven't mentioned race either.... can you actually read what I typed rather than what you imagine I typed???
    Do you know what xenophobia is?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT07qFCcBLdFcVMPxILbR2lq5BZYofGz2jc_UR4QwoA2lC81cvXqQ

You are just being pedantic. Xenophobia has nothing to do with the carry on of the scum in the op. That's a strawman, which is incredibly ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Iamxavier wrote: »
    You are just being pedantic. Xenophobia has nothing to do with the carry on of the scum in the op. That's a strawman, which is incredibly ironic.

You just don't get it do you??? You can't deny that some of the reaction to events and the generalising about those who have a similar ethnicity or national origin is pure xenophonia.

You've literally created a new strawman argument, accused me of taking that position - that the events in Portmarnock were about xenophobia - in order to accuse me of strawmanning... now THAT's ironic.

Can't waste any more time on this nonsense, hope you have a great day and hope you find peace in your life.
    [/ignorelist]

• Advertisement

proudboy wrote: »
    Hopefully its not long before they start stabbing the life out of each other like in London. That's one way of getting rid of a few.

That's not a solution. That's only going to compound the problem. The scum don't have a code to only stab scumbags, it will be anybody and everybody.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement