Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Denmark revoked citizenship for an ISIS terrorist so it can be done.
    Citizenship is an obligation to the state and your fellow citizens.
    If someone fails to uphold their end of the deal then why should the country hold up their end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Peatys wrote: »
    You wouldn't see anyone from Balbriggan saying that.

Here you go:
    It's usually exaggerated made up rubbish.

Sorry lads but there’s an awful lot of assumptions being made here about that video. It’s nice to have facts involved before you attempt to destroy the reputation of an area... it’s been stated that someone in the video said ‘We’re from Balbriggan’ They didn’t - they asked if someone was going to Balbriggan... didn’t ask if they were going BACK to Balbriggan, didn’t ask if they were going HOME to Balbriggan... they asked if they were going to Balbriggan... we still have a policy in Balbriggan of allowing people to travel here without having to prove residency... ya know, not being a fascist enclave.

So they asked the question, much like they may have asked the question “are you going to Portmarnock’ earlier in the day... is that conclusive proof that this ‘gang’ are from Portmarnock???

But sure why let facts and logic get in the way of a good hysterical rant???
    And sure why not paint everyone in the town with the same brush when it’s the .001% that are acting the b****x? All the good decent families (of all ethnicities), the professionals, the decent people... you imply some sort of group guilt when you talk about Balbriggan being a kip etc... moronic carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Peatys wrote: »
    You wouldn't see anyone from Balbriggan saying that.

I'm living there since 2011, I haven't seen any of the hassle that people on the internet seem to state is happening on a regular basis. I even live in a housing estate which is very affordable and thus has attracted a higher than normal influx of immigrants.

I frequently state that it's a fine town in which to put roots down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'm sure there's another extreme right echo chamber all the brain dead racist pond scum could migrate to, stop destroying this board with the uninformed, reactionary drivel.

Brain dead racist pond scum - does that include the pregnant woman and the Irish kids fleeing in terror. Stick with your like minded souls on twitter so.
    Has there ever, ever been a thread on boards giving out about the Chinese in Ireland? Must be 100k chinese here, never in the news. Ive never met anyone in real life with a bad word to say about them either.
    Contrast that to workshy nigerians and roma gypsies, here to milk us dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

enricoh wrote: »
    Brain dead racist pond scum - does that include the pregnant woman and the Irish kids fleeing in terror. Stick with your like minded souls on twitter so.
    Has there ever, ever been a thread on boards giving out about the Chinese in Ireland? Must be 100k chinese here, never in the news. Ive never met anyone in real life with a bad word to say about them either.
    Contrast that to workshy nigerians and roma gypsies, here to milk us dry.

So now all the blacks in balbriggan causing trouble were nigerian. Had they got flags? How did you identify them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Need much more policing on our streets.

Remember back in 2006 there were riots in Dublin? 100's of youths went on the rampage smashing up shops and burning out several cars? The ceity centre was at a standstill and everyone had to get off the buses and walk home.

enricoh wrote: »
    .....workshy nigerians and roma gypsies, here to milk us dry.

Have you no knowledge of Irish history at all, the ill-informed xenophobic crap our ancestors had to endure? We were depicted as out of control uncivilised ape-like creatures to stir up fear and hatred of a minority, among those with little going on in their own lives.

Ireland-Cartoons-Punch-1881-10-29-199.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I'm sure there's another extreme right echo chamber all the brain dead racist pond scum could migrate to, stop destroying this board with the uninformed, reactionary drivel.

If you've been here a while, and have not yet figured out where the echo chamber for the pond scum is -

Then that means you're in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

MTBD wrote: »

That's a direct quote from a woman interviewed in the article above. Why would she lie?

It is an alleged quote from an alleged woman at the scene of an alleged incident with not a single shred of evidence to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The denial of the left is really depressing to see in this thread.

Loons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

What an utterly disgusting comment.

If you were possessed of any dignity or self awareness I’d expect you to hang your head in shame.

You obviously struggle to cope with the idea that not everyone thinks like you do. It almost warrants pity if it weren’t such a repulsive position to take.

The denial of the left is really depressing to see in this thread.

Loons.

The willingness of some to accept any old piece of ****e posted on the internet as FACT is equally as depressing "I seed it on d net so it must true".
    The incident as described on a low level internet sensationalist site didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Commanchie wrote: »
    So now all the blacks in balbriggan causing trouble were nigerian. Had they got flags? How did you identify them.

Exactly what's wrong. You are an enabler for this kind of behavior.
    minikin wrote: »
    Have you no knowledge of Irish history at all, the ill-informed xenophobic crap our ancestors had to endure? We were depicted as out of control uncivilised ape-like creatures to stir up fear and hatred of a minority, among those with little going on in their own lives.

Ireland-Cartoons-Punch-1881-10-29-199.jpg

Migrating for work is not the same as migrating to scrounge. It's an insult to our ancestors that you equate the two.

DChancer wrote: »
    The willingness of some to accept any old piece of ****e posted on the internet as FACT is equally as depressing "I seed it on d net so it must true".
    The incident as described on a low level internet sensationalist site didn't happen.
    That's fine to doubt DublinLive but it was also reported by
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pregnant-woman-threatened-gang-up-13545298
    whom I hope doublecheck before printing stuff.

biko wrote: »
    That's fine to doubt DublinLive but it was also reported by
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pregnant-woman-threatened-gang-up-13545298
    whom I hope doublecheck before printing stuff.

No , they just chose to attribute the story to DublinLive and reprint it word for word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I only saw this story here during the night an honestly it never occurred to me to look it up on RTÉ or even Google. I read through the article and assumed the "100" to be an exaggeration but that there was a gang of some nature. I watched the video but could determine skin colour or accents couldn't understand why it was attached to the article since it did not match anything described in it.

So this large gang of immigrants causing trouble in Balbriggan isn't even real?

Shouldn't RTÉ and the newspapers run a story about this website and expose it as a peddler of horseshoe? Or is it better to ignore it and hope it dies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

No , they just chose to attribute the story to DublinLive and reprint it word for word.

It does look like a copy and paste job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Need much more policing on our streets.

Remember back in 2006 there were riots in Dublin? 100's of youths went on the rampage smashing up shops and burning out several cars? The ceity centre was at a standstill and everyone had to get off the buses and walk home.

Was that the Orange Order march? There's plenty of major public order incidents around Dublin regularly. This one is just a big deal because they are black and AH is full of outright racists. Tallaght, Finglas and Cherry Orchard have regular big incidents. The over the top outrage here seems pretty reserved for specific types of scumbag, specifically either travellers or black people.

Iamxavier wrote: »
    Exactly what's wrong. You are an enabler for this kind of behavior.

Migrating for work is not the same as migrating to scrounge. It's an insult to our ancestors that you equate the two.

Strawman away all you like... where did I mention migration at all?
    I equated our treatment by xenophobes with the treatment of ‘new Irish citizens’ by our own sad little home-grown xenophobes.

The first things when you are right-wing and fact check an article:
    Do other sources corroborate this?
    Does it make "sense"?
    Has anyone anything to gain from this being fake?

The first things when you are left-wing and fact check an article:
    Does this align with my feelings on how the world should be?

• Advertisement

Does it make "sense"?

The first things when you are left-wing and fact check an article:
    Does this align with my feelings on how the world should be?

Where has the article been fact checked??

You yourself can fact check an article.

Oh, and do post on their facbook page https://www.facebook.com/DublinLiveOnline/
    that you think the article is fake.
    It will show them your real name though, just a heads up..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Does it make "sense"?

When I read this I was reminded of the South Park episode where they kept smelling their own farts.

You yourself can fact check an article.

Fine give me the names of the alleged victims and the un-named sources and I will email you the results.
    oops I forgot, they dont exist, no names,no verification, nothing, just a blurry amateur darkened video (mostly of a car dashboard) with no obvious connection to the alleged , and as yet unverified incident.

Do post on their facbook page https://www.facebook.com/DublinLiveOnline/

Do post on their facbook page https://www.facebook.com/DublinLiveOnline/

And this your proof of what??:confused::confused:
    Ah I see, in the absence of any verification that the incident occured you are resorting to primary school playground tactics :D:D:D

Stay proud son, stay proud :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Was that the Orange Order march? There's plenty of major public order incidents around Dublin regularly. This one is just a big deal because they are black and AH is full of outright racists. Tallaght, Finglas and Cherry Orchard have regular big incidents. The over the top outrage here seems pretty reserved for specific types of scumbag, specifically either travellers or black people.

I think all of these gangs of youths should be pretty much dealt with harshly but the garda are pretty powerless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Where it may be exaggerated, I have seen enough video footage of incidents like this to believe there is some truth to it - it's not just totally made up from thin air.

I have a mate living in Tyrelstown too and have seen gangs there and not felt very safe - in fairness same as when I see a gang of Irish chavs, but why make the problem worse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

My teenage son was attacked by this particular gang last year. It was particularly brutal. However, the Gardai said they "sympathised" but have no way of identifying the culprits.

It is a situation which is out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Think I've figured why there's a load of new accounts all over these types of threads lately

A far-right Irish Facebook group has been banned by the company in an effort to crack down on hate groups on their website.

The male-only society, ProudBoys Ireland Vetting, is a chapter of the extremist organisation Proud Boys that is linked to political violence in the US.

Their page was shut down on Wednesday night, October 31.The group launched their Irish wing earlier this year
    Can you throw up a few videos of your initiation ceremonies lads? They're f*cking hilarious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement