Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I think all of these gangs of youths should be pretty much dealt with harshly but the garda are pretty powerless

Gardaí regularly deal with large crowds of youths and make arrests. The Juvenile Diversion Program and Oberstown Holiday Home are simply not fit for purpose in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Gardaí regularly deal with large crowds of youths and make arrests. The Juvenile Diversion Program and Oberstown Holiday Home are simply not fit for purpose in most cases.

Thats more what I meant, the deterrent isnt there for most of these scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Think I've figured why there's a load of new accounts all over these types of threads lately

Can you throw up a few videos of your initiation ceremonies lads? They're f*cking hilarious.

Proudboys? What a **** name!

DChancer wrote: »
    The willingness of some to accept any old piece of ****e posted on the internet as FACT is equally as depressing "I seed it on d net so it must true".
    The incident as described on a low level internet sensationalist site didn't happen.

Have you got proof it didn’t happen? Or it didn’t happen because that’s what suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I think all of these gangs of youths should be pretty much dealt with harshly but the garda are pretty powerless

I have absolutely no problems with the Guards getting "harsh" with thugs.

When I was a kid a bunch of scumbag teenagers tired to rob me. I easily got away but I got away but because it happened close my sisters house I called the Guards. They were around in minutes and said because nothing happened to me it was a waste of time to bring them in but wanted me to point them out because a young lad had been badly hurt a couple of days before. They all just stood there bold as brass when the two Guards brought me over to them. I was asked which one had kicked me. The older Guard walloped him a few times and the rest of them scattered.

It was long. long time before there was any trouble in that area again. The green where it happened was tidied up and playground put in not long after because people felt it was safe then.

• Advertisement

Have you got proof it didn’t happen? Or it didn’t happen because that’s what suits you?

Have you got any proof it did happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

The willingness of some to accept any old piece of ****e posted on the internet as FACT is equally as depressing "I seed it on d net so it must true".
    The incident as described on a low level internet sensationalist site didn't happen.

Wouldn't the website be in serious trouble if they made up quotes from the Gardai? It would be unusual for several people to be assaulted or mugged in those areas in one night.

Nokotan wrote: »
    Wouldn't the website be in serious trouble if they made up quotes from the Gardai?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

It does look like a copy and paste job.

They're the same company so I'd presume they copy and paste much of their content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

My teenage son was attacked by this particular gang last year.  It was particularly brutal.  However, the Gardai said they "sympathised" but have no way of identifying the culprits.  

It is a situation which is out of control.
    As some on here would say prove it or else it couldn't have possibly happened, also most of  the people that are giving out about the travelers and African youths here are not actually racist as most of the snowflakes claim us to be, as most can tell Africans tend to be black and travellers white so that claim has no credence, most normal folk just dont like poor behavior regardless of race ethnicity or whatever else. Plenty Irish scumbags in my local town and yes they are known as scumbags, just because these kids re black does mean we cant call them scumbags. Most people here would agree that plenty Irish scumbags now live in Australian and i certainly wouldn't call any Australian racist for calling out poor irish behaviour.

• Advertisement

Nokotan wrote: »
    Wouldn't the website be in serious trouble if they made up quotes from the Gardai? It would be unusual for several people to be assaulted or mugged in those areas in one night.

There would be trouble if they named a "source" and lied and that he/she said a certain thing but when you say "Garda source" you can get away with it because you can't prove there is a source but no one can prove there isn't either.

I don't think multiple assaults and mugging in one night is unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pointless arguing with the loons. If it was a story about a west African being racially abused, with the same unattributed quotes they’d be on squealing about how racist the Irish are etc. Pathetic.

Have you got any proof it did happen?

I’m not the one claiming it’s false left and right to suit myself. I don’t care one way or another. The onus of proof is on the accuser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There would be trouble if they named a "source" and lied and that he/she said a certain thing but when you say "Garda source" you can get away with it because you can't prove there is a source but no one can prove there isn't either.

I don't think multiple assaults and mugging in one night is unusual.

Can you find any other stories about multiple assaults/muggings in Portmarnock, if it is not unusual that it happens??

ceegee wrote: »
    They're the same company so I'd presume they copy and paste much of their content

So the Irish Mirror created a website to generate fake stories to get people to use their website and buy their newspapers.

Stop the world, I need to get off for a few minutes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Where has the article been fact checked??
    I'm guessing you're some young fella who thinks he knows he all.
    Its sad really knowing you're the future of Ireland...ah well ye'll all get what ye deserve with the attitude guys like you have.
    do you even work or sit at home in your mammy's kitchen all day playing the old xbox etc?

I’m not the one claiming it’s false left and right to suit myself. I don’t care one way or another. The onus of proof is on the accuser.

If you didn't care "one way or the other" you wouldn't be on the thread and demanding proof.

If the "onus of proof is on the accuser" then the people claiming the story is true also need to proved it is true.

If there was a gang of 100 thugs roaming the street of Dublin there is no way RTÉ or other newspapers wouldn't cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It’s gas how the people that mock the whole fake news culture partake when it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I'm living there since 2011, I haven't seen any of the hassle that people on the internet seem to state is happening on a regular basis.

I frequently state that it's a fine town in which to put roots down.

I’m living there since the 80s, all my life, and see plenty of it.

I’d love to be able to afford to move out of it now but I bought a house at the worst possible time.

Can you find any other stories about multiple assaults/muggings in Portmarnock, if it is not unusual that it happens??

In reading that post, I mistakenly thought that Nokotan was saying multiple assaults and muggings in one night in any area are unusual and my reply was that such a thing is not unheard of.

So I retract that statement. I'm not afraid to admit when I have made an error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're some young fella who thinks he knows he all.
    Its sad really knowing you're the future of Ireland...ah well ye'll all get what ye deserve with the attitude guys like you have.
    do you even work or sit at home in your mammy's kitchen all day playing the old xbox etc?

Guess again with the personal insults.
    I'm 55 , gainfully employed, own my home, pay my taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Never Happened-made up-No evidence at all
    not a single shred of evidence
    piece of ****e posted on the internet
    The incident ..... didn't happen

So, here on this public message board, you're stating as fact that Aengus O'Hanlon, the writer listed for the article, invented this article which is a pack of lies? Unless you've got evidence to back that up, I believe it's fair to categorise your comments as libelous to Mr O'Hanlon?

So, here on this public message board, you're stating as fact that Aengus O'Hanlon, the writer listed for the article, invented this article which is a pack of lies? Unless you've got evidence to back that up, I believe it's fair to categorise your comments as libelous to Mr O'Hanlon?

Is it libel if Aengus O'Hanlon really is telling lies about all of this? He has provided no proof either.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Kolpe wrote:
    They living in free houses from the state, it’s some thanks to get for taking them in. Deport them.

OhHiMark wrote:
    Isn't it mad that nobody's ever named in these articles? It's all "a source", and "locals". I wonder why that is.

Local politicians are aware of it and have made representation to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Is it libel if Aengus O'Hanlon really is telling lies about all of this? He has provided no proof either.

To the best of my (very limited!) knowledge of libel law, the burden of proof is on the person who has made the allegedly defamatory statement/s - i.e. in the (admittedly very unlikely) event that O'Hanlon decided to march DChancer up the court steps, DChancer must prove that O'Hanlon lied; O'Hanlon does not need to prove the veracity of his story.

I feel sorry for people who bought houses in Balbriggan. It has been destroyed by semi-feral immigrant teenagers and young adults. A depressing kip of a town.

A number of years ago I went to look at a house in Balbriggan, which was advertised at a price I thought was too good to be true. The pictures on the property site only showed pics of inside the house and a narrow external view of house. And sure enough the house wasn't bad but the estate was a dreadful place, a combination of different builds, communal car parks stacked with bangers, kids from all nationalities rampaging around the place. I couldn't get out of the place quickly enough.

biko wrote: »

Neither of the articles link to the Herald or the Journal backed up anything on the article on Dublin Live. Both discussed incidents from almost a year ago in different areas and the only "large gang" of hundreds discussed were the event people of Balbriggan coming together to highlight problems. And as I recollect both of this were on RTÉ news and in other newspapers.

I couldn't access the 98fm one.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    As some on here would say prove it or else it couldn't have possibly happened, also most of the people that are giving out about the travelers and African youths here are not actually racist as most of the snowflakes claim us to be, as most can tell Africans tend to be black and travellers white so that claim has no credence, most normal folk just dont like poor behavior regardless of race ethnicity or whatever else. Plenty Irish scumbags in my local town and yes they are known as scumbags, just because these kids re black does mean we cant call them scumbags. Most people here would agree that plenty Irish scumbags now live in Australian and i certainly wouldn't call any Australian racist for calling out poor irish behaviour.

Seems like it has to be explained in every bloody thread but racial discrimination has been defined since 1969 as including race, ethnicity and nationality under the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
    Pointless arguing with the loons. If it was a story about a west African being racially abused, with the same unattributed quotes they’d be on squealing about how racist the Irish are etc. Pathetic.

I feel bad for you guys. It's so hard to express racists views these days. It's like bigots are the real victims.

No, libel was replaced by defamation in the 2009 Act.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote:
    Maybe these kids all have aspergers...

Sorry- can't use that term anymore. It's autistic spectrum please. You gotta keep up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement