Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Please explain the new levels of violence happening in London, Detroit, Malmo etc who have had their demographics drastically changed in a relatively short time.

I don't live or work in those places. I'm only pointing out how ridiculous the claim is that we've reached some new level of violence. That can only come from someone who has not lived or worked in Dublin for longer than a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

The denial of the left is really depressing to see in this thread.

Loons.

All they’re banging on about is the authenticity of the article fron DubinLive. It’s true btw although the figure would be closer to 70 rather than that 100.

Why won’t these purple haired far left loons, most of whom are teenage/early twenties liberals talk about the terror these gangs have caused over the last 2 years in Balbriggan and such areas?

Or are these incidents lies too?

Anything to defend these gangs and not to be branded racist

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

wexie wrote: »

*I lived with a black guy for years and he'd be close to the top of the least violent and most chilled out person I've ever met, but....he was from the Caribbean

This is a weird thing humans do, we relate everything to our own reality, even though our reality only represents tiny evidence in the big picture. Forget about stats, facts, opinion polls etc as log as you knew a black fella that was sound then forget any mention that higher levels of violence exist within the black community.

If you're going to relate everything personally, then I'll do it myself. I lived in South East London for years, most of my friends were black, not that that makes **** all of a difference to the reality of what we are talking about, there was a clearly higher level of violence in the black community to the homogeneous community, I experienced grown men being intimidated in broad day light by gangs of a few hundred in size. Same stories are coming out here now, and it's the same communities doing it. So let's acknowledge it and work with those communities to lower it.

Also does that really surprise you when some of these people have seen the likes of their parents being mutilated in front of them? Experienced levels of violence we can only imagine? When a much higher percent of them have no father around? Do you honestly think these things do not attribute even slightly?

I don't think people get it, I am not blaming them as a culture, I am simply stating it is what it is, and let's deal with it, instead of hiding behind political correctness and hope it goes away.

I don't live or work in those places. I'm only pointing out how ridiculous the claim is that we've reached some new level of violence. That can only come from someone who has not lived or worked in Dublin for longer than a week.

I meant London, Detroit and Malmo have reached new levels of violence, not here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

proudboy wrote: »
    Apparently gangs of 70+ Irish teens are doing this "regularly". Id love to see evidence of this.
    Is your issue that...
    Irish teens are doing this?
    The size of the gang (70+)?
    Or that it's "regularly"?

Because it's not like the crux of it is possibly credible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Iv no idea what went on in Tyrellstown but the above doesn't surprise me ,

These kids are 100% from Balbriggen and have been causing trouble for a while on the Dart line / train line , There crafty enough that they stay away form so called rougher area's , targeting Howth, Sutton , Malahide, Portmarnock ,

The Garda really need to crack down hard on them

Its nothing to do with Race either if this was White kids they should get the say treatment, It just happens that Balbriggan has a huge amount of African nationals , Teenagers in large groups no matter what race cause trouble in this case they just happen to be black ,

Quite literally the only moderate level headed comment on this whole ****show of a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Rinse and repeat from the Dublin zombie thread:

Need a police force first and a justice system second before these issues can be tackled.

We have neither.

vangoz wrote: »
    Quite literally the only moderate level headed comment on this whole ****show of a thread

It's easy for people who don't want to evaluate their own beliefs to assume everything that the other side is saying is a consequence of their personal moral failings or ignorance, which.....is not very helpful.

No one here willing to consider that the person who disagrees with them has an honest motive and reasons for doing so. No wonder boards.ie has such a poor reputation for engaging in genuine debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

This is a weird thing humans do, we relate everything to our own reality, even though our reality only represents tiny evidence in the big picture. Forget about stats, facts, opinion polls etc as log as you knew a black fella that was sound then forget any mention that higher levels of violence exist within the black community.

Way to miss the point.....

I was pointing out that if it IS cultural* then perhaps the difference between my housemate and whatever feral teenagers are running amok is the difference between laid back Caribbean and not so late back war torn Africa.

Zulu wrote: »
    Is your issue that...
    Irish teens are doing this?
    The size of the gang (70+)?
    Or that it's "regularly"?

Because it's not like the crux of it is possibly credible.

Maybe Google his username and see which way his inclinations are likely to point...

• Advertisement

proudboy wrote: »
    Apparently gangs of 70+ Irish teens are doing this "regularly". Id love to see evidence of this.

What are you looking for evidence of exactly? The video in the op doesn't show any violence or anything. Not too long ago we had a bunch of lads literally tear down a shop in Jobstown.

Here's a couple from Cherry Orchard

https://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-cherry-orchard-1802987-Nov2014/

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/just-14-gardai-on-duty-during-night-of-attacks-26789397.html

Finglas

https://www.thejournal.ie/finglas-estate-4009972-May2018/

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/riot-police-arrest-12-in-city-suburb-after-chaotic-scenes-26431203.html

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/teen-charged-in-connection-with-st-patricks-day-riots-377869.html

Tallaght

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/sentences-passed-in-tallaght-riots-trial-368371.html

Lucan

https://www.thejournal.ie/lucan-crime-spree-garda-injured-1926198-Feb2015/

Perhaps you could be more clear on what you are looking for.

What are you looking for evidence of exactly? The video in the op doesn't show any violence or anything. Not too long ago we had a bunch of lads literally tear down a shop in Jobstown.

Perhaps you could be more clear on what you are looking for.

I think the only reasonable thing we can conclude from that is that Irish kids are clearly happier displaying their feral behaviour in groups of smaller than 70....

Maybe they're just more advanced....

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 postername1

the gangs are targetting soft target areas, naturally, probably open border advocates and liberal communities, ironic

if anyone ever gets attacked by these massive gangs just give up your phone and your wallet,
    you will feel humiliated but it's better than ending up in hospital

the gangs are targetting soft target areas, naturally, probably open border advocates and liberal communities, ironic

Mobs like that move around depending on Garda presence.

Mobs like that move around depending on Garda presence.

We don't have enough gardaí, they are not equipped and I believe most are not trained up to the standard of other western countries.

On top of that we have no justice system worth the name.

Everyone knows this, not just mobs and crims.

How anyone is surprised at what happens on the back of this is beyond me.

We don't have enough gardaí, they are not equipped and I believe most are not trained up to the standard of other western countries.

It's a legal system and if you look at it from that perspective it's working perfectly fine. ie. keep the legal industry occupied.

How anyone is surprised at what happens on the back of this is beyond me.

You're correct in that we don't have enough. Public Order operations were run on overtime and were quite successful in many areas. Unfortunately there is no more overtime.

l

Man this is gas. Are you still talking about Dublin here? Please name areas that are "open border advocates and liberal communities". This comment is so detached from reality I can't help but laugh.

vangoz wrote: »
    Man this is gas. Are you still talking about Dublin here? Please name areas that are "open border advocates and liberal communities". This comment is so detached from reality I can't help but laugh.

New poster, shows up in the evening, jumps straight into a heated thread, wouldn't get too invested in a debate with him he probably wont be around long.

I'm in and around Dublin and city center everyday of the week and literally I have not seen a single garda vehicle or garda on foot in what must be a week and a half at least.

How is that even possible?

It's a total joke.

I don't think Irish people realise or want to know just how vulnerable this country would be to any organised disorder.

• Advertisement

New poster, shows up in the evening, jumps straight into a heated thread, wouldn't get too invested in a debate with him he probably wont be around long.

What more would you want me to say, I already highlighted what I thought was the most common sense post which sums up my own thoughts on the topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Ireland needs someone like Matteo Salvini who's willing to close immigration into Italy from outside the EU. But yet we're accepting the immigrants that Italy turns away.

Way to miss the point.....

I was pointing out that if it IS cultural* then perhaps the difference between my housemate and whatever feral teenagers are running amok is the difference between laid back Caribbean and not so late back war torn Africa.

Apologies, I did miss your point there.

I'm in and around Dublin and city center everyday of the week and literally I have not seen a single garda vehicle or garda on foot in what must be a week and a half at least.

How is that even possible?

It's a total joke.

I don't think Irish people realise or want to know just how vulnerable this country would be to any organised disorder.
    i ve never been to dublin, just passed thru on bus to airport a few times
    but it sounds like another world to me
    down the country we take responsibility for our own safety,

but it sounds like another world to me
    down the country we take responsibility for our own safety,

We're just the same as you my friend, just bunched up more. Though I feel Dublin has gotten so much better (expert the price of housing) over nearly every metric I enjoy the past 5-6 years. It's a fun place to be right now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hitler could of fixed all our problems.

Oh well....

Hitler could of fixed all our problems.

Oh well....

*could have

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

*could have

Oh well....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan