Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

I've found out that the next set start on the 11th March 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Will they e-mail the logins to the first-time FE-1 people sometime before the results to access their website? Or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

lawless11 wrote: »
    Will they e-mail the logins to the first-time FE-1 people sometime before the results to access their website? Or how does that work?

Yes, they will email you a few days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Supreme!Fox

I heard Contract was 60%! But also that Constitutional was 40% :S
    40% for Constitutional sounds extremely low.  Even the great Company Law Massacre of October '17 had a 55% pass rate and I've never seen so many people leave an FE1 exam early as that one.  I winged Constitutional so bad on the same sitting -- like literally just decided to turn the question on Constitutional Interpretation into an essay on Unenumerated Rights and still managed to get a 50.   I get the impression that it's marked fairly reasonably so 40% sounds very much on the low side of the estimation.

Tbh my friend sat it in Oct 2017 and got 40% and convinced me it was the average so it’s probably incorrect tehehehe :D who knows tbh :P here’s hoping for a better turn of events this year !! :L

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: A reminder that there is no trading in this forum other than swapping exam grids.

Post(s) deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hello everyone,

Which are the main topics that should be covered for company and EU?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

has anyone ever answered less than 5 and passed an exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Can anyone who has a training contract please give any interview tips they have?
    Have two next week and interviews aren’t my strong point...
    thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

Teamhrach wrote: »
    What subjects and I'll pm you?

Hi! I’m looking at online courses for my first round of FE1s next spring! Currently interning in a law firm and am dreading studying on top of the long days.. I’m thinking of taking contract, company, tort and maybe EU but am not set on that one if anyone has advice? stressed already lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

I think that is a tough four to start. Criminal and property are easiest ones. Company tort and Eu would be a nightmare to start. I did tort, criminal property and constitution as my first four. I did the Griffith course. It was excellent and I passed all first time. I work full time and have children. Concentrate from the get go on past papers and exam questions. Don’t cut corners and only learn five topics. Knowing the examiner reports is crucial as is having exam confidence and technique. Good luck it’s very difficult and you will wAnt to give up but drink Red Bull and keep going !

• Advertisement

I think that is a tough four to start. Criminal and property are easiest ones. Company tort and Eu would be a nightmare to start. I did tort, criminal property and constitution as my first four. I did the Griffith course. It was excellent and I passed all first time. I work full time and have children. Concentrate from the get go on past papers and exam questions. Don’t cut corners and only learn five topics. Knowing the examiner reports is crucial as is having exam confidence and technique. Good luck it’s very difficult and you will wAnt to give up but drink Red Bull and keep going !

Oh goodness really? I want to get the magic 3 obviously so I’m trying to pick strategically. I was avoiding criminal as it was my lowest mark in college but maybe I should reconsider. Thanks for your help! I think I’ll go for the Griffith course alright - is it all lectures and notes or is there assignments included too? There’s not a lot of information on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone know where you can get your historic results if you can’t find the letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get your historic results if you can’t find the letters?

I think you have to reorder them from the LS. I remember seeing it on the general information page for FE1s.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Public/Become-a-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/

Theres a form on the there to apply but I dont see mention of a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GingerAleSnail

Sineaddh wrote: »
    Hi! I’m looking at online courses for my first round of FE1s next spring! Currently interning in a law firm and am dreading studying on top of the long days.. I’m thinking of taking contract, company, tort and maybe EU but am not set on that one if anyone has advice? stressed already lol

EU is huge I wouldn't go for it if doing four. I would wait for four weeks until the results are out with the timetable for the next round. Pick four that are well spaced out.
    Read and re-read past papers so that when you're studying you will know how certain areas are examined and won't get distracted by irrelevant information. Don't worry if you can't identify all the topics straight away, it will come.

Start reading a long time out, even just a bit at a time, it reduces the stress later hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Leraf wrote: »

I think you have to reorder them from the LS. I remember seeing it on the general information page for FE1s.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Public/Become-a-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/

Theres a form on the there to apply but I dont see mention of a fee.

I rang them and they said they will send them out no fee I think!

EU is huge I wouldn't go for it if doing four. I would wait for four weeks until the results are out with the timetable for the next round. Pick four that are well spaced out.
    Read and re-read past papers so that when you're studying you will know how certain areas are examined and won't get distracted by irrelevant information. Don't worry if you can't identify all the topics straight away, it will come.

Start reading a long time out, even just a bit at a time, it reduces the stress later hugely.

Thanks so much for the advice! The problem with waiting for the timetable is most prep courses start this week so I don’t want to leave it too long to pick my subjects. Definitely think I’ll avoid EU this time around, even though I’m hoping to do four second round too - wishful thinking I’d say!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Do they change the timetables up per sitting or is the order of exams broadly consistent?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Hey! Anyone have grids for tort, equity and constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 luckyman

I am quitting the FE1 process. I have had enough. If anyone would like to avail of my manuals/ notes please message me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

luckyman wrote: »
    I am quitting the FE1 process. I have had enough. If anyone would like to avail of my manuals/ notes please message me

You've worked incredibly hard so maybe keep your manuals etc, skip the March sitting and chip away at the studying but immerse yourself in it next August-October, aiming for 4 exams... Just an idea, but give yourself a chance to get your head around them rather than letting the 3/3 get to you. Best of luck whatever you decide to do :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Neon Demon

I'm sure it's been asked already, but what date are the results out?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Does anyone know what day the results should be out? is it friday 23rd or friday 30th? Planning to book the day off work to hide my shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

lawlad101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what day the results should be out? is it friday 23rd or friday 30th? Planning to book the day off work to hide my shame :(

People have been saying the 23rd I think, Friday 6 weeks after the last exam. Planning to hide too...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭vid36

lawless11 wrote: »
    People have been saying the 23rd I think, Friday 6 weeks after the last exam. Planning to hide too...
    I think November 16 is a possible date too, you will be notified before by email .

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

vid36 wrote: »
    I think November 16 is a possible date too, you will be notified before by email .

16th? oh that be even better the waiting is killing me....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭HappySlappy123

Unfortunately I don't think there's any chance of the law society coming in early, remember who we're dealing with here!

Hope I'm wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FE1s2018

Could anyone please share up to date grids for Equity, Property, Constitutional and Tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GingerAleSnail

lawlad101 wrote: »

The rounds I've done have always been 6 weeks after the last Friday of the exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Law society confirmed via phone that provisional date for release results is 30th November, I asked were they not out 23rd and they said no and that there will be an email week before they are released anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement