Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

user115 wrote: »
    Law society confirmed via phone that provisional date for release results is 30th November, I asked were they not out 23rd and they said no and that there will be an email week before they are released anyway

Gosh why do they want to torture us so much? Seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Does anyone have a Grid for contract by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sanjaa2

Hello everyone, is anyone here from another country and trying to attend the FE1 exams? Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hello everyone, looking for a kind soul willing to share study materials for Criminal and EU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Teamhrach wrote: »

Lol .. I know all these people !! The daughters got ALOT more than China & Cutlery 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Law society confirmed via phone that provisional date for release results is 30th November, I asked were they not out 23rd and they said no and that there will be an email week before they are released anyway

Damn really? I fought to get the 23rd off from work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

lawlad101 wrote: »
    Damn really? I fought to get the 23rd off from work :mad:

I'm the same must change it now to 30th, I was sure it was exactly 6 weeks last time I did them too. Maybe call to double check if your changing your days, they said we will get a notification the week before anyway so if they are out 23rd we'll get an email this Friday.... Hate waiting so much! Must start back at study soonish.... Looking for grids at moment and see what are the least bad, thinking tort, equity and maybe EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Sineaddh

I'm the same must change it now to 30th, I was sure it was exactly 6 weeks last time I did them too. Maybe call to double check if your changing your days, they said we will get a notification the week before anyway so if they are out 23rd we'll get an email this Friday.... Hate waiting so much! Must start back at study soonish.... Looking for grids at moment and see what are the least bad, thinking tort, equity and maybe EU

I haven’t sat any yet but from advice I’ve been given EU is pretty bad! I’m so lost at the moment though! Preparatory courses started 2 weeks ago but I want to see the timetable before I decide on my subjects for definite 🀦ðŸ»*♀️

Anyone have any advice re. working & studying? I’m an intern atm and working until approx 7.30/8.30 every night and don’t know how I’m going to continue that and study too! I don’t want to be cheeky asking for too much time off but don’t want to fail because of not having the time either.. anyone have similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 legalspeelman

Sineaddh wrote: »
    I haven’t sat any yet but from advice I’ve been given EU is pretty bad! I’m so lost at the moment though! Preparatory courses started 2 weeks ago but I want to see the timetable before I decide on my subjects for definite 🀦ðŸ»*♀️

I sat EU in the last sitting. To be honest, it probably has one of the highest pass rates in the FE1 exams, as it has had over a 70% pass rate for the last 6 sittings or more. Not that many topics to cover either.

• Advertisement

I sat EU in the last sitting. To be honest, it probably has one of the highest pass rates in the FE1 exams, as it has had over a 70% pass rate for the last 6 sittings or more. Not that many topics to cover either.

Oh wow I didn’t know that! I’ll definitely have to reconsider

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

Oh wow I didn’t know that! I’ll definitely have to reconsider

Do, EU can seem conceptually difficult but one of the recent sittings was as high as 77% pass rate and it is quite predictable it seems. Even the last one (which I sat) and a lot of people felt was surprising had the typical Direct Effect, Article 263, quantitive restrictions and free movement questions. That means those 4 have been on the last 6 in a row in some (and rarely tricky) format

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

so hoping the results are next week and not the 30th!!

jus_me wrote: »
    so hoping the results are next week and not the 30th!!

No email so far so looks quite bad for next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Anyone have any advice re. working & studying? I’m an intern atm and working until approx 7.30/8.30 every night and don’t know how I’m going to continue that and study too! I don’t want to be cheeky asking for too much time off but don’t want to fail because of not having the time either.. anyone have similar experiences?

I was the exact same during the October sitting and will be the same for the March one too (granted I only worked from 9 to 5:30).

Basically, I'd get home from work around 6pm, take an hour off and study from 7pm to 9:30pm. I would also study on weekends from like 9-5 and during lunch break at work. I took one week of study leave off before the exams, and was surprised at how much I accomplished in that week. Basically, I had all of my notes written up from previous study and then during that week off I went hardcore learning everything off.

For March I'm hoping to ask for 2 weeks study leave before the exams start just to take a bit of pressure off!

Basically, if you start studying early and work away at writing up notes for the next couple of months, it will help you immensely - the learning off only happens at the very end (for me anyway).

Hope this helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

As the waiting game continues for most of us, I am starting to consider doing Equity for my next round of exams but it seems to be the one that catches a lot of people out here!

For anyone that has done it - how does it compare to EU and Constitutional, as I know they both seem to have the longest syllabus?

tommyq94 wrote: »
    As the waiting game continues for most of us, I am starting to consider doing Equity for my next round of exams but it seems to be the one that catches a lot of people out here!

For anyone that has done it - how does it compare to EU and Constitutional, as I know they both seem to have the longest syllabus?

I'd say it comes down to your preference and how prepared you are/feel. Obviously still waiting on results for October, but I found Equity went so much better than EU - it was a sneaky paper in my opinion this time (actually both of them were, but I just felt way more prepped for Equity). Didn't do Constitutional yet.

Btw I'd love to swap materials - searching for things in Constitutional/Tort/Criminal and can swap things from the other. Recent/updated things like grids & sample answers would be great. PM me if anyone would be interested.

lawlad101 wrote: »
    I was the exact same during the October sitting and will be the same for the March one too (granted I only worked from 9 to 5:30).

Basically, I'd get home from work around 6pm, take an hour off and study from 7pm to 9:30pm. I would also study on weekends from like 9-5 and during lunch break at work. I took one week of study leave off before the exams, and was surprised at how much I accomplished in that week. Basically, I had all of my notes written up from previous study and then during that week off I went hardcore learning everything off.

For March I'm hoping to ask for 2 weeks study leave before the exams start just to take a bit of pressure off!

Basically, if you start studying early and work away at writing up notes for the next couple of months, it will help you immensely - the learning off only happens at the very end (for me anyway).

Hope this helps :D

That helped so much thank you!

Could anyone give a rough indication of how much the fe1s cost? I know €105 per exam.. €6 for each past exam paper/examiners reports.. then where in Dublin do people stay? And ho necessary is it to buy all the legislation that you’re allowed bring it etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leek15

Could anyone give a rough indication of how much the fe1s cost? I know €105 per exam.. €6 for each past exam paper/examiners reports.. then where in Dublin do people stay? And ho necessary is it to buy all the legislation that you’re allowed bring it etc?

If you're trying to get out of them as cheaply as possible (as I was) I would say buy second hand manuals/papers online, preferably from the last sitting or as recent as possible. Then supplement them with recent cases etc. This will save you a couple of hundred per exam and will only require a small amount more effort on your part.

I did some exams with courses and some with second hand materials and I dont think it affected me too much but we'll see!

In terms of legislation, its debatable how helpful it is in the exam but I would feel more comfortable having them as they can jog your memory and it will save you having to learn off specific sections. Again, I would try and get these second hand if possible as you wont look at them after the exam. Or else buy them and keep them unmarked so you can sell them after the exam.

The Ibis is a short walk from the Red Cow and fairly reasonable if you want to avoid the madness in the hotel.

I'd rather not think about how much they cost in total!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

Hey all - do we think that because we heard nada this Friday that the 23rd is ruled out as a date? Just wondering if it’s now definitely the 30th. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭vid36

Hey all - do we think that because we heard nada this Friday that the 23rd is ruled out as a date? Just wondering if it’s now definitely the 30th. Thanks!

If no notification tomorrow, I think we can pencil in the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 leek15

For the last sitting we only got an email the day before to say the results were out. Still crossing fingers for the 23rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

I'd be amazed if they're not out the 23rd. They are always 6 weeks after the last exam.
    I'd expect an email early this week confirming such.
    They love playing mind games!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Legal_Eagle_95

I asked a friend tonight about results, she emailed them and they said the 30th provisionally too so I think that’s what’s most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Is the login for exams the same as log in for law society website or different?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

Looks like it's the 30th!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any one has heard from the Law Society regarding results ? I emailed them last week but no response...
    I know last time around we only got the notification e-mail the day before so is there still hope for this Friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 demarche

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any one has heard from the Law Society regarding results ? I emailed them last week but no response...
    I know last time around we only got the notification e-mail the day before so is there still hope for this Friday ?

The provisional date is Nov 30th. Definitely won’t be this Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 xBell123

Has anyone on here actually heard from the law society themselves that’s its 30th?

As far as I can tell they haven’t answered the phone to anyone, seems like it could be a rumour.

They emailed last time the day before the results (after telling everyone they wouldn’t get them til the week after because of “IT difficulties”) and some people didn’t even receive that email. So I’d say anything is possible to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement