Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

scooby321 wrote: »
    Yeah I had that in the notes that it was decided just before Szabo. Thanks very much! The brain is not functioning after the last 4 exams!

Don't worry, you have both my sympathy and empathy, I can barely read anymore, let alone cram.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BeepBoopBot

lads does Undue Influence come up on its own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

Cutting it a bit tight. I'm banking on three and half questions on specific performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Cutting it a bit tight. I'm banking on three and half questions on specific performance.

What do you mean? SP in 3 different questions? :eek:~please no aha~

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bigtophat13

lads does Undue Influence come up on its own?

Quite often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

What maxims are people preparing? Which are easiest to fob other stuff into if you're stuck?

I would very much appreciate guidance on this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Haven't seen it done before.myself but it's photo ID. Considering they want to make it mandatory for everyone to have one to apply for a passport it would be a bit ridiculous if they refused you!

They took mine though in march 17 they had no clue what it was, they asked me what it could be used for... i was like: it could be used for collecting dole... think it sounded like i couldnt afford id :p and i brought it for property two days ago so tl;dr you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gfettig

yournerd wrote: »
    I’m going to ask to view my script if I don’t pass. With the whole GDPR thing and the recent case law it would be unlawful for them to refuse

Tried it last sitting, after Nowak came down. Got a phone call (!!) from the law school saying that they don't release scripts. In light of necessary future interaction, I was advised by others to drop it..

gfettig wrote: »
    Tried it last sitting, after Nowak came down. Got a phone call (!!) from the law school saying that they don't release scripts. In light of necessary future interaction, I was advised by others to drop it..

Now GDPR is the law i wonder if things could change.

Best of luck everyone see you all in equity again next sitting! ;( (joke!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gfettig

Cheers, secret trusts is due a run I do suppose.

The thing I like best about secret trusts is the big deal they make about Re Stead. Any practitioner I've asked about it has rolled their eyes, and the case is not even in Keane's book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Best of luck on your exams today!

jewels652 wrote: »
    Best of luck on your exams today!

You too! This the last one on right? At least we're missing the supposed storm tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Yes best of luck! You must be all exhausted.A few hours to freedom :D

You too! This the last one on right? At least we're missing the supposed storm tomorrow!

I am not sitting equity but this is the last exam for many.
    Still recovering from those exams I sat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castle123

Anyone else get completely shafted by what came up in that exam? Distraught

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

castle123 wrote: »
    Anyone else get completely shafted by what came up in that exam? Distraught

Its not over yet, did you leave? What came up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnmoore

Leraf wrote: »
    Its not over yet, did you leave? What came up

Q1 proprietary estoppel
    Q2 tracing
    Q3marevas
    Q4 ?
    Q5 cy-pres
    Q6 undue influence
    Q7 a note on two topics.the rule in hastings bass,the circumstances in which a trustee may be removed or the in strong v bird
    Q8 secret trusts

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

johnmoore wrote: »
    Q1 proprietary estoppel
    Q2 tracing
    Q3marevas
    Q4 ?
    Q5 cy-pres
    Q6 undue influence
    Q7 a note on two topics.the rule in hastings bass,the circumstances in which a trustee may be removed or the in strong v bird
    Q8 secret trusts

Jesus, that is all of the stuff I was going to skip.

Did you leave as well? A lot of disappointed people there today I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

did it not follow the typical trend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw Mareva come up AGAIN but thankfully was able to pull five questions out of the fire.

Though I just realised I gave wrong advice in the Secret Trusts Q. Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

What did you say? I completely ****ed up the test.

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw Mareva come up AGAIN but thankfully was able to pull five questions out of the fire.

I actually slapped myself! I just did estoppel instead, i studied it 4 times in college so i relied on that and glossing over it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Freedom!!!
    But seriously, they all wanted us to fail this sitting or what hahaha. I am glad I got 5 questions I was able to do more or less in an okay way.

Tip for next time: not listen to predictions too much aha. I'm glad I didn't for equity. For an unknown reason I was feeling the Hasting-Bass note and estoppel - which happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

That was an absolute joke. Mareva, Estoppel, Undue Influence all repeated ....with problem questions on the kind of crappy topics where there isn't much to say. Even Undue influence lacked the bank thing so you couldn't bring in all the new cases. I covered a pile of topics yet ended up answering in two topics that were back ups.

Even that note question confused me the way trustee duties seemed to blend across two of them.

That exam was genuinely an attempt to catch people out. Very annoying after actually putting a lot of work in and ironically covering a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnmoore

Leraf wrote: »
    Jesus, that is all of the stuff I was going to skip.

Did you leave as well? A lot of disappointed people there today I would imagine

Finished at 11:45.managed to get 5 answers on the page how good they were is another story.id say a lot of people wernt expecting marevas to come up again but ive given up trying to predict whats going to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

What did you say? I completely ****ed up the test.

Me too. I said for tenants in common he only has to communicate with one of them to be bound when it's actually both he needs to communicate with.

Also..."joint owners", does that mean tenants in common or joint tenants?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

That exam was genuinely an attempt to catch people out. Very annoying after actually putting a lot of work in and ironically covering a lot.

I've been victim to that in Equity in the past. Passed it EVENTUALLY.
    Anyone know the pass rate vs others e.g. 77% in last EU

Now that exams are finished. When are we getting the r suits? And how do we get the results ? Online or by post?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 luckyman

Feel incredibly bitter about that equity paper. Cost me my 3 passes after a long summer of study (breezed my other exams)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

Just realised I fluffed the secret trust question by going on about half secret trusts. That and I had to make up half of another question so I think I’m screwed.

QUIA TIMET INJUNCTION WHERE WERE YOU?!?

Anyone know if equity is marked handy enough? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement