Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    It is usually 6 weeks after the Friday of the last exam. By my calculation that would be Friday 23rd November.

Fri 23rd is the date alright.
    Just heard City College FE1 course advert on radio.
    Jez lads... give it a rest!! Till next week at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Teamhrach wrote: »
    Not sure the date but I think December and you can view them online from 9am or 9.30am on results particular day. Make sure you can log in on the law society website (check email and password works in advance; if not contact the law soc). They're also posted out and arrive on results day. Good luck with yours :)

Thank you for the info is going to be a long waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm thinking about doing an online course for the next round of exams, are there any courses that are known to be particularly good or are they all of a similar standard? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Teamhrach

I'm thinking about doing an online course for the next round of exams, are there any courses that are known to be particularly good or are they all of a similar standard? Thanks.

What subjects and I'll pm you?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

Anyone know what the pass rate for Constitutional is around usually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Could anyone PM me please with a recommendation for a course in equity? I never sat it at college level. Griffith, independent, city colleges etc. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tony_TwoLegs

Ngannou54 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the pass rate for Constitutional is around usually?

About 55% I heard. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

That's some difference in the pass rate with EU 77%!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Anyone know the pass rate for contract or property?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawlad101

Still having nightmares about Equity :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Louisekeegan

Me too and it was my last one. Only one I didn’t get first time. It’s difficult 🀦*♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

I love Equity so much I've sat it 3 times.

Oh I dread having to study that again want to be fe1 free it takes over your life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

lawlad101 wrote: »
    Still having nightmares about Equity :(

It's had me in a mood all week. I don't know if I can look my boss in the eye and tell him I need yet more exam leave for a fourth attempt at Equity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

It's had me in a mood all week. I don't know if I can look my boss in the eye and tell him I need yet more exam leave for a fourth attempt at Equity

God and you think once you get the magic three that's the worst part over.
    Worse case scenario if you don't want to tell your boss just take some annual leave maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sapphire309

I heard 60% but that was purely hearsay, I don't know how accurate that is

pass rate for contract anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Supreme!Fox

I heard Contract was 60%! But also that Constitutional was 40% :S

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Heart Shaped Box

What part of the law soc website will results be shown on? Just logged in there and can’t see anywhere immediately obvious.. is it correct to be logging in with your email address rather than a number of some sort?

What part of the law soc website will results be shown on? Just logged in there and can’t see anywhere immediately obvious.. is it correct to be logging in with your email address rather than a number of some sort?

www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results
    I heard it's where we go for results. I think we use our number and the temporary password Mod deletion
    Mod
    Pls do not publish passwords on a public forum
    Safer to use the Law Students' forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

The above link is correct.Thats where I always get my results from on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Does anyone know which 2 weeks in March the next set of exams are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭vid36

FE!student wrote: »
    Does anyone know which 2 weeks in March the next set of exams are on?
    The dates will be announced along with the results for the current sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Hopefully not the first two weeks of March. You dont get the results till end of November so till then you do not know what you need to study. December is a write off because between Christmas and work, which is mental that time of year very hard to start. So that leaves January and a very short Feb if exams are start of march...
    Can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

vid36 wrote: »
    The dates will be announced along with the results for the current sitting.

Thanks, yes the exact timetable will be out then but I would like to know before that. Might contact the Red Cow, they will know which two weeks the law soc have booked.

FE!student wrote: »
    Thanks, yes the exact timetable will be out then but I would like to know before that. Might contact the Red Cow, they will know which two weeks the law soc have booked.

Let us know if you get any info from the red cow :))

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

As a seasoned FE1 sitter (for my sins) the March exam dates usually depend on when Easter falls. So if Easter is late that year, exams are usually second to third week of March, if Easter is early then exams probably begin first week or thereabouts...

Weirdly I'm hoping for early March dates as I need results to come out before my training contract starts in May.  I am fully expecting to be repeating Equity .....again.....

Weirdly I'm hoping for early March dates as I need results to come out before my training contract starts in May.  I am fully expecting to be repeating Equity .....again.....

Please don’t say that !! My last one too would hate telling my firm I didn’t get it

• Advertisement

I heard Contract was 60%! But also that Constitutional was 40% :S
    40% for Constitutional sounds extremely low.  Even the great Company Law Massacre of October '17 had a 55% pass rate and I've never seen so many people leave an FE1 exam early as that one.  I winged Constitutional so bad on the same sitting -- like literally just decided to turn the question on Constitutional Interpretation into an essay on Unenumerated Rights and still managed to get a 50.   I get the impression that it's marked fairly reasonably so 40% sounds very much on the low side of the estimation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement