Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

channing90 wrote: »
    Contract
    Could someone please put up the contract. Questions? Also to pass a question must you get all the facts of the case on paper ? I forgot a fact in a case

This is what I think came up anyway

Q1 Exclusion Clause/Consumer Protection - S.14
    Q2 Promissory Estoppel/Implied Terms - Business Efficacy Test
    Q3 Misrep, I think, didn’t do this
    Q4 Undue Influence, I think, didn’t do this
    Q5 Damages - Mitigation
    Q6 Breach - Anticipatory, repudiatory and innominate terms
    Q7 Privity
    Q8 a. Construction of Terms - I answered on factual matrix test and mentioned parol evidence b. Not sure what this is

Would appreciate input here as I’m hoping I answered on the correct topics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

This is what I think came up anyway

Q1 Exclusion Clause/Consumer Protection - S.14
    Q2 Promissory Estoppel/Implied Terms - Business Efficacy Test
    Q3 Misrep, I think, didn’t do this
    Q4 Undue Influence, I think, didn’t do this
    Q5 Damages - Mitigation
    Q6 Breach - Anticipatory, repudiatory and innominate terms
    Q7 Privity
    Q8 a. Construction of Terms - I answered on factual matrix test and mentioned parol evidence b. Not sure what this is

Would appreciate input here as I’m hoping I answered on the correct topics!!

I think question 4 was Unilateral Mistake - Non Est Factum - Friends First v Lavelle

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

SwD wrote: »
    I think question 4 was Unilateral Mistake - Non Est Factum - Friends First v Lavelle

I thought question 4 was non est factum too tbh and that’s what I answered but someone said it was undue influence

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

EU

In relation to the general principles and proportionality, what cases are people using? I know any case can be used here but just looking to see if theres any ones in particular that should be mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

SwD wrote: »

Fair, I only glossed over it in the exam assuming it was misrep whoops!

Would have been a nice Q if I had copped

Edit - Misunderstood, I glossed over Q3 assuming it was Misrep, Q4 I thought was undue influence from a quick glance but I could def be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SwD

channing90 wrote: »
    I thought question 4 was non est factum too tbh and that’s what I answered but someone said it was undue influence

In my conclusion I suggested that the Court would overlook the obligation to enquire into the content by virtue of duress undue influence and capacity but that was it. Yikes, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Contract

8(b)

Wrote about terms implied by fact (officious bystander, business efficacy, customs & practices tests) and by law (common law, constitution, statute)

Anyone know if this is correct? I know OB came up later

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Contract

8(b)

Wrote about terms implied by fact (officious bystander, business efficacy, customs & practices tests) and by law (common law, constitution, statute)

Anyone know if this is correct? I know OB came up later

That’s what I did too but not too sure if it’s right or not!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement