Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Callum - Thursday/Friday 11/12 October 2018 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Wild in the last 10 mins,south east Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Latest ARPEGE 18Z

tempresult_wyc4.gif

If any of the experts could explain what we’re looking at here that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Wind is crazy now and rain very heavy
    Sw beara peninsula

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

glack wrote: »
    If any of the experts could explain what we’re looking at here that would be great!

max wind gusts at surface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

hawkwing wrote: »
    Wild in the last 10 mins,south east Tipp.

I concur, lights just flickered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Winds picking up here in Waterford City gusting to 54km/h. Rain has not started yet but no too far away. Its gonna be a long night

www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Near the Lough, Cork and it's not even a bit breezy. Bizarre.

Well the rain and wind on the northside isn't bloody coming out the south ring road and through the tunnel so it has to be windy in the lough.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Howling in Limerick, you know that county surrounded by the Orange bast@rds Cork,Kerry and Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

What's the possible subsequent weather event I've seen mentioned in some news outlet ? (for Waterford anyway I think)

News outlets mention a lot of fabricated weather stuff. It might be the tail end on Hurricane Michael they are talking about but that's too far out to call now (I think it'll go north of us) and it will be the tail end so should be a normal autumn windy day. We'll get to that one in due course if it's needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

tempresult_uza6.gif

Latest Hi Res Arome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Latest ARPEGE 18Z

tempresult_wyc4.gif

Perfect timing for that calmer section of 60-70kmh gusts in Galway around 6am for me to get to work incident free!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1130pm Cork airport gusting 40 knots in moderate rain. One thing to note is that its quite rare to be getting south easterly winds so strong. its nearly always a westerly gale but not this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Not quite sure how the weather is in Shannon as I'm stuck in work but listening to ATC and a Ryanair flight is currently holding rather than attempting to land, he has already asked for the weather in Cork and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

1130pm Cork airport gusting 40 knots in moderate rain. One thing to note is that its quite rare to be getting south easterly winds so strong. its nearly always a westerly gale but not this time.

I was just saying this to someone, it's definitely strange the wind direction tonight, not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

This is already stronger than Ali down here in wexford. Bear in mind Ali didn’t really hit Wexford but was still windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Started get windy @ around 10 pm. Winds really getting up here with very strong and regular gusts. North Cork Limerick Border

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Not so much as the vague hint of a breeze in Galway city so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,338 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Just getting started in Ennis.

Bit of wind and rain but nothing compared to what's coming

Ryanair 1349 due in to Shannon has mentioned diverting to Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Not quite sure how the weather is in Shannon as I'm stuck in work but listening to ATC and a Ryanair flight is currently holding rather than attempting to land, he has already asked for the weather in Cork and Dublin.

Just finished my work shift in Shannon. Some very strong gusts at the moment. Wind is howling and seems to be strengthening very rapidly IMO.

• Advertisement

Just finished my work shift in Shannon. Some very strong gusts at the moment. Wind is howling and seems to be strengthening very rapidly IMO.

I might go for a walk in a while so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Winds really picking up here in south west Laois.....With trampoline taken down and bins secured it's great to listen to in bed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Winds picking up here , Laois . Think everything is safe and secured , think :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

Picking up now. Rain and debris lashing against the windows. The drone of the wind is eerie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Not so much as the vague hint of a breeze in Galway city so far.

And not a sinner on the roads / outside. Eerie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

rafales_uk_kje2.png

Ryanair 1349 due in to Shannon has mentioned diverting to Cork

Going to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Big heavy drops of raining now bouncing off the ground and the wind and gusts are increasing still here in cork city. Can see the rain coming down in sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some moderate gusts in the last half an hour in Castlebar and rain starting to push in, pressure is currently at 987.1 and falling rapidly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Going to Cork.

Weather not great there either!

Advertisement