Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Callum - Thursday/Friday 11/12 October 2018 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ballincollig

Pressure 988 and falling. Think we will be doing school run in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Heavy rain and strong gusts in North Galway for last 30minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Galway city just got our first decent gust. Suddenly there's a consistant howl outside, from complete silence to this in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Just starting to rain in Athlone, no wind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Have had a few strong gusts and awful squally rain in Sth Galway over the last half hr....nothing along the lines of “Ali” yet.
    Off to me leaba now. Keep safe.....those of you who have to be out and about in this storm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Wind in Limerick has gotten fairly manic now too. I'm off to bed, have a lovely night everyone and be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

Galway city just got our first decent gust. Suddenly there's a consistant howl outside, from complete silence to this in a minute.

I viewed the claddagh webcam for a good 10 minutes. It looked remarkably calm. It was raining but some people out and walking on shop street. It didn't look like they were battling with winds.

I'm not far from Galway city and it's brutal where I am. Strong wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I think this storm is hyped up by the media to the last. nothing major only a mild gust. Darwin was a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Amprodude wrote: »
    I think this storm is hyped up by the media to the last. nothing major only a mild gust.

There's a thread over here for chit-chat...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057919045&page=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

It’s a pretty serious storm in Cork City. Plenty of howling winds and very heavy rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

spookwoman wrote: »
    131km + is red

Rains arrived in Waterford

Km? Is this now a unit of measurement for speed?

Do you mean Knots or Km/h??
    endainoz wrote: »
    Gusts up to 100km near the cliffs of Moher, have to work there in the morning, that'll be fun

How can gusts 100km from the cliffs of Moher be "near"??

Km is a measure of distance same as a mile although I know lots just say "K" now as it sounds cooler after they have been on a treadmill.

Please use the right terms folks! I know what you are on about but others may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Lights flickering past few minutes in north east Galway. Torches on standby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Power off in the Sneem area.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wind and rain in Roscommon. As I type I hear the first whistling and we only have a yellow warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

First howl I've heard was a few mins ago. Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Orange alert justified here in mid-Limerick, very wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Big drops of rain started in Athy with a few big gusts

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Km? Is this now a unit of measurement for speed?

Do you mean Knots or Km/h??

How can gusts 100km from the cliffs of Moher be "near"??

Km is a measure of distance same as a mile although I know lots just say "K" now as it sounds cooler after they have been on a treadmill.

Please use the right terms folks! I know what you are on about but others may not.

Km/h, not knots. Gusts of 100 km/h near the cliffs of Moher.

Speaking of knots, 131+ is what Hurricane Michael threw at Florida yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That rain is building in the midlands heading for Dublin, wind starting to pick up here too. High tide in an hour.

463615.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Wind starting to pick up a bit here in Dublin 16...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wild west.... shrill whistling wind... the high pitch is unusual...worse in the kitchen also unusual .. Battering gale now and drumming deluges,,,, fell asleep before 9 pm as the initial tendrils and tones were hovering and heightening, then was roused by this OUCH! of a gale. long, sustained roars

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ballincollig

Gone very wild here now. A constant wind with loud gusts. Lashing rain too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

dacogawa wrote: »
    That rain is building in the midlands heading for Dublin, wind starting to pick up here too. High tide in an hour.

463615.JPG

I'm awake so long now my brain is running on fumes. I spent about 10 seconds trying to click the feckin play button on your post before I realised it was a picture :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Graces7 wrote: »
    wild west.... shrill whistling wind... the high pitch is unusual...worse in the kitchen also unusual .. Battering gale now and drumming deluges,,,, fell asleep before 9 pm as the initial tendrils and tones were hovering and heightening, then was roused by this OUCH! of a gale. long, sustained roars

What island are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

First drops of rain now in Lucan, gusts building in strength but not constant.....yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Wind is steadily increasing in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

Graces7 wrote: »

rustle up a midnite snack graces7 ;)

HIRLAM mean wind speeds for 10am. Area of 90-95 km/h winds clipping the NW Mayo coast around this time.

hirlamuk-3-15-0_avc3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

1am Cork Airport: 52kts gust (96km/h)

Advertisement