Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I'm curious, Why do you say 'not working with thousands'? Im using DeGiro for my european stocks at the moment for over 5 figures
    Degiro.
    That's all really if you're new and not working with thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm curious, Why do you say 'not working with thousands'?

Was wondering the same thing. Perhaps he means that because DeGiro does not update real time and if you are a big player, you should use big toys (read:expensive trading software and live feeds)?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

unkel wrote: »
    Was wondering the same thing. Perhaps he means that because DeGiro does not update real time and if you are a big player, you should use big toys (read:expensive trading software and live feeds)?

I'm not sure about that either. Would you not need that for day trading. If you're buying to hold for years, a few seconds or minutes delay, make no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

He might mean it is the cheapest option

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

You can subscribe to real time for 5 Euro a month. Well worth it in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Is there many people here invested in dividend stocks , if so which?

I certainly take in to consideration the dividend yield when purchasing shares. It pays to check the ex dividend dates also before buying or selling as this date nearly always distorts the share price.
    One of my favourites is GSK. They pay a healthy dividend over, 5%. Paid 4 times a year.
    I have held this share for over 20 years. It has had a price range of about £12 to £18 during those 20 years.
    While keeping an eye on the ex dividend dates, there was a play in the share price for those who wanted to buy on dips and sell when the price increased.

https://www.ii.co.uk/shares/glaxosmithkline/LSE:GSK/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Skelet0n wrote: »

Yup meant day trading with real time, the brother does it with TD and he said it was better than degiro.i just assumed he had it costed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I certainly take in to consideration the dividend yield when purchasing shares. It pays to check the ex dividend dates also before buying or selling as this date nearly always distorts the share price.
    One of my favourites is GSK. They pay a healthy dividend over, 5%. Paid 4 times a year.
    I have held this share for over 20 years. It has had a price range of about £12 to £18 during those 20 years.
    While keeping an eye on the ex dividend dates, there was a play in the share price for those who wanted to buy on dips and sell when the price increased.

https://www.ii.co.uk/shares/glaxosmithkline/LSE:GSK/

I know this goes against most peoples views on stocks, but when I get a dividend it drives me nuts, I see it as being involuntarily cashed out of 5% of your position, which you then eventually have to reinvest with brokerage fees attached.

That's cheap alright. With DeGiro?

I wouldn't be into day trading, so I don't really have a need for real time values. I'm not aiming at and sticking to certain price targets.

BOI lowest point in almost a year. I went in just now.

Making very nice gains here in just 3 days. Tempted to sell out today and cash in and wait for next years low point to do it again. I'm not greedy :)

• Advertisement

That's cheap alright. With DeGiro?

I wouldn't be into day trading, so I don't really have a need for real time values. I'm not aiming at and sticking to certain price targets.

Yeah. I find it useful even just to buy at a good price for longer gold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Telefonica is one worth a look. Current yield is over 5%.
    SP is well undervalued so opportunity for dividend and capital growth.
    Dividend for this year is 0.40c paid twice June and December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Telefonica is one worth a look. Current yield is over 5%.
    SP is well undervalued so opportunity for dividend and capital growth.
    Dividend for this year is 0.40c paid twice June and December.

What exchange to you buy them on?

What exchange to you buy them on?

They're on the ibex. SP has been at more or less historic lows the last few months. Getting back towards 7 after being 6.50 or so. The have a lot of debt but are well able to serve it and are paying it down. Slight doubt about dividend being maintained and investments in Argentina and Brazil are the main risk etc
    One to stick in the bottom drawer for a few years. 50% capital appreciation wouldn't be an outrageous expectation over 3-5 years and if the dividend isn't cut it's an attractive option. I know many who would take a dividend cut to pay down more debt and buoy the SP but these are people holding since the high teens and 20's!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

What’s the story with the money market fund?? I’m being asked to choose between Morgan Stanley’s liquidity fund and FundShare cash funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

What’s the story with the money market fund?? I’m being asked to choose between Morgan Stanley’s liquidity fund and FundShare cash funds?

Never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

PHTM on LSE

6.72% dividend. 3.8% due in the next few weeks.

Good margins, current assets cover total debt. Has gained around 20% from lows and I'd say further to go over the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Anybody follow Moneybags in the Phoenix magazine. Glowing report on Ormonde Mining (ISEQ, LSE) today.

https://www.thephoenix.ie/article/ormonde-minings-patient-shareholders-set-for-payday/

Might take a punt for the fun. Hopefully will be another Providence Resources :-)

LEDS taking off.

BOI lowest point in almost a year. I went in just now.

And I'm out. 5% net profit in just 3 days after all costs deducted. Someone warn me when it's back in the €6.00-€6.50 range :p

• Advertisement

LEDS taking off.

Looks like it's just warming up. Volume on other big breaks was 4-5m.
    No ER date as there seemingly never is for these small caps but looks like
    it should be along in the next week and the quarterly pump and dump will
    ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

LEDS back down now, hmmm, I think Im going to have to take a chance on it, seems like another easy 20%...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

all stocks in my portfolio outside of BRK B down 2-4% today. what did I miss? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Pussyhands wrote: »
    all stocks in my portfolio outside of BRK B down 2-4% today. what did I miss? lol

Same for me. Everything down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Anyone have any view on AB Foods - good time to get in or a value trap? Brexit uncertainty probably not helping SP.

Down a fortune today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭crushproof

Did anybody have any shares in PTIE Pain Therapeutics. Massive jump yesterday, up 200% and has already crashed down 59% today! A dispute with the FDA seems to be the reason. I have a handful of shares, disappointed I didn't sell yesterday but I still believe it's undervalued, they recently received a $3.5m grant to continue research into their Alzheimer treatment drugs.

Same here. Everything down. Except BOI which was up. I promptly sold all of it :D

Did anyone else buy CEY on the tip a few pages back?

I sold out two days ago purely as I needed cash, brutal day for it today -15%.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else buy CEY on the tip a few pages back?

I sold out two days ago purely as I needed cash, brutal day for it today -15%.

I did, only a small bit so I'll hold it for now .

Advertisement