Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

JackieChan wrote: »
    Anyone brave to invest in Sears at 47(were at 37c a few hr ago) to see if they can avoid bankruptcy this weekend?? :)

I'll stick a fiver on.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

JackieChan wrote: »
    But the same could be said for CNAT (3 trials ongoing, 1st results due this quarter which could double SP but this is for portal hypertension, Phase 2 NASH results next year) and ICPT(looks poised to be first to the market with a NASH treatment as they are in phase 3 trials).

NASH market is huge, no doubt first there will reap a large amount of rewards, but it'll come down to efficacy when more come to market. And even then it's a market that can be shared depending on which drug works best in which situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Heavy selling, AMZN down 6%!

9 o'clock couldn't have come soon enough.

MPbX6OD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bloodbath. All gains for past 8 weeks erased for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Bloodbath. All gains for past 8 weeks erased for me.

Total bloodbath the past few days... Everyone fleeing to dividend producing old school stuff.. I couldn't wait for 21:00 for the 1st time in a good while... Maybe tomorrow might be a good time to do some bottom feeding.....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,211 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Total bloodbath the past few days..

+1

The cryptos seem immune to the slaughter of the past few days. Which is very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Jesus, what a day. What the hell happened?

APH was the only green today - in talks with the makers of Marlboro who are interested in a stake.
    NBEV bounced a little after yesterday. Everything else had lumps beat out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Portfolio down 7% today. Total purge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

unkel wrote: »
    +1

The cryptos seem immune to the slaughter of the past few days. Which is very interesting.
    Because they had their slaughter last month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Same my only green stock today was weed based. What happened Microsoft?

Nasdaq took a much bigger hit this week than crypto has done for months, and that says something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

+1

I'm in way too deep in HIVE and suddenly it's giving me a sense of secruity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Well, on the bright side, I am now below the profit level for tax this year :-0

Futures down again.

Doesn’t look like it’ll get any better today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Same my only green stock today was weed based. What happened Microsoft?

6 days to go. Been waiting nearly 2 years for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What you mean?

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What you mean?

Cannabis legalisation comes into effect in Canada on the 17th.

I'd expect shares to rise in the days leading up to it but on the actual day they might slide a bit as often happens. All the build up and expectation, deals etc now really come under scrutiny as companies have to make growth and earnings forecasts more than ever.

• Advertisement

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Cannabis legalisation comes into effect in Canada on the 17th.

I'd expect shares to rise in the days leading up to it but on the actual day they might slide a bit as often happens. All the build up and expectation, deals etc now really come under scrutiny as companies have to make growth and earnings forecasts more than ever.

Could be a huge sell the news event especially with the market this way?

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Could be a huge sell the news event especially with the market this way?

What happened at VSTM with FDA approval has me wondering.
    On the other hand there is no news to speak of seeing as it's not even in doubt, it's just coming into effect whereas with VSTM for example while it looked a certainty there is always a sliver of doubt.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    What happened at VSTM with FDA approval has me wondering.
    On the other hand there is no news to speak of seeing as it's not even in doubt, it's just coming into effect whereas with VSTM for example while it looked a certainty there is always a sliver of doubt.

Well I think people were expecting a share jump with VSTM which I assume is what you’re expecting with the pot stocks? Or could just be business as usual since everyone is expecting it.

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Well I think people were expecting a share jump with VSTM which I assume is what you’re expecting with the pot stocks? Or could just be business as usual since everyone is expecting it.

I think Wednesday will be business as usual. I hold Aphria which his up about 100% and I'd be inclined to have a long term outlook. NBEV is the other I have which I've swung once and will again as soon as it pops one of these days.

I was looked at Youngevity YGYI the other day and half thinking of getting a few when it shot up 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭littlevillage

+1

Cryptos down 5-10%

FYP

although such movement is common place for cryptos

Cryptos down 5-10%

FYP :P

and there was me thinking people would be rushing to a safehaven like crypto with their cash

Cryptos down 5-10%

That only started happening several hours after I posted!*

And as you say yourself, they go up and down 5% on a daily basis. The 10% Nasdaq shocker of the last few days is very unlikely to be back up in a day or two.

*I'm a whale, I dunnit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 premierloco

Absolute carnage over the last few days for my portfolio. Hard to see the likes of Mastercard (which had built up nicely) being decimated :(

Anyone have any opinions on a good Canadian cannabis stock? Looking to throw a small amount in out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bitcoins still up $500 on this time last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

I'm buying today at or below book value

Advertisement