Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Any thoughts on TTWO?

Red dead redemption 2 released in a month and it looks class. Price baked in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Any thoughts on TTWO?

Love it! For RDR2, look at Ubisoft's share price when Far Cry 5 came out, it jumped 10% the week after when sales report came out, could be expecting the same thing to happen with TTWO. I don't think people understand how much excitement there is around this game!

Another good selling point is that GTAV, which came out 5 years ago, is still in the top 5 of PS4 games downloaded each month!! So not only is that new sales coming in, it's also new recurring sales

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Any thoughts on TTWO?

I'm sure they will make a lot of money with Red Dead Redemption 2 but I do think most of the potential upside is already priced in. Valuation seems pretty high on most metrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Looking for advice on Providence Resources. I'm up a couple hundred euro. Should I hive off what I'm up and bank it / put that amount into something else?. Thanks for any thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Looking for advice on Providence Resources. I'm up a couple hundred euro. Should I hive off what I'm up and bank it / put that amount into something else?. Thanks for any thoughts.

If it was me I'd take any profits and run. Maybe keep a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

If anyone is interested in a wham bam thank you mam kinda share…

Semi Leds Corp, LEDS the last 4 ER reports have seen huge spikes (of up to 200% intraday) in the couple of days before. Nothing other than a low float playtoy to get in and out of.

Next ER is due about the 10th of October. 3.5m shares in issue with a float of about half of that.
    A few mini breakouts over the last couple of months of 10/15% but the big one is due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

DRYS had a bit of a run AH yesterday, EDRY again possible low float sympathy play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

cefh17 wrote: »
    Taw up 20% from 25c to 30c on news of securing $40m funding from lenders. Still a ways away from the highs of earlier this year

And takes another 10% today to 33c. Fundamentals shining through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'm in BooHoo.com this last while. It's shot up and may still be worth a punt. Only bought because the missus told me to so didn't tip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in a wham bam thank you mam kinda share…

Semi Leds Corp, LEDS the last 4 ER reports have seen huge spikes (of up to 200% intraday) in the couple of days before. Nothing other than a low float playtoy to get in and out of.

Next ER is due about the 10th of October. 3.5m shares in issue with a float of about half of that.
    A few mini breakouts over the last couple of months of 10/15% but the big one is due soon.

Which exchange would you recommend?

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Which exchange would you recommend?

nasdaq

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

ALT returns to its rightful price of below $5.

Crazy low float squeeze though, must be some seriously heavy bags now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

AMD taking a 5% hit today after Intel said they could make their targets.
    Still has a lot of positive sentiment though some analysts have changed their targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I've invested circa €1k into Volkswagen, Vodafone and Intel. Truth be told, I'm not familiar witth investing but I've been reading a couple of Buffet books and doing some online courses just to get a feeling for it. I felt that by investing my money I'd be forced to invest myself. I don't expect it to earn me much but it's more about dipping my feet.

I'm a complete newby to this and rely greatly on what I've read, so it's interesting to read this forum and compare it to the books I've read. There's quite a disparity! The Buffet books push the long term investment approach while most of what I read here seems to be short term investments. It'll be interesting to see what wins out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

I'm in a similar boat Atticus, I started taking advantage of the ESPP scheme at work for a large MNC and decided it would be interesting to diversify my portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I've invested circa €1k into Volkswagen, Vodafone and Intel. Truth be told, I'm not familiar witth investing but I've been reading a couple of Buffet books and doing some online courses just to get a feeling for it. I felt that by investing my money I'd be forced to invest myself. I don't expect it to earn me much but it's more about dipping my feet.

I'm a complete newby to this and rely greatly on what I've read, so it's interesting to read this forum and compare it to the books I've read. There's quite a disparity! The Buffet books push the long term investment approach while most of what I read here seems to be short term investments. It'll be interesting to see what wins out

I'm reasonably new too to this stuff. I've been listening to Motley Fool podcasts for the last few months. I think it's gotten me into the right frame of mind for investing.
    The main ones I listen to are Motley Fool Money and Rule Breaking Investing.
    On the RBI one earlier this month the guy picked 5 stocks that he recommends to hold for 5 years. He does this every month or so and also goes back over his previous picks. This month he picked MASI, MTCH, MKC, MELI and MOMO.
    I don't have the money to invest that much but I popped them into a google sheet to track them. Just checking now. If I'd bought those 5 I'd be up 4.39% in less than a month. I could live with that :)
    He also mentioned FireEye in the podcast. That's up 9.18% since the podcast.
    I like the podcast as they're pretty transparent, they talk about their failures as well as their successes. They don't seem to be trying to get you to invest to bump up their own positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Deub

There will be winners and losers on both sides. There is no right or wrong way of trading (I mean between short and long term).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭scheister

I note Applegreen is back open this morning

up 8.88% since the acquisation of the UK entity that lead to the suspension of the stock

Jaysus - Ryanair this morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

What the hell happened over the weekend?

• Advertisement

What the hell happened over the weekend?

Profit warning announced this morning.

Profit warning announced this morning.

Looks a good price and it might get even better

"it could not rule out further disruption in the coming months, which may require full-year forecasts to be lowered again and further cuts to its loss-making winter capacity"

Looks a good price and it might get even better

"it could not rule out further disruption in the coming months, which may require full-year forecasts to be lowered again and further cuts to its loss-making winter capacity"

My shares in Providence Resources are up over 100% and am up a couple of hundred €. Might hive off the profit and give it to Mr. O'Leary...???

My shares in Providence Resources are up over 100% and am up a couple of hundred €. Might hive off the profit and give it to Mr. O'Leary...???

..are you going to treat yourself to a cancelled flight somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Can't treat people like that forever and make a joke of it all the way. Though it's just looked at as a money making opportunity instead of payback, I'd love to live in a time where a business isn't put before a person, animal, environment, but that's so far from what we have now. I look at these joker politicians just here in Ireland, one idiot trying to defend another all last week, they're just no good and they're gonna be there or there abouts for possibly decades... going by an episode of reeling in the years I seen one day.

Controller and Auditor general report last week, if I had my way their would be alot of people starting lengthy punishments this morning. Barely a word about it.

..are you going to treat yourself to a cancelled flight somewhere?

I could get multiple flights anywhere in Europe for that price - which is the point. Ppl want to fly 'for cheap' no matter what unions do. That'll be sorted. Employees are well protected by employment legislation and the age of organised labour is almost over thankfully. Ryanair will endure and share price will go up.

I could get multiple flights anywhere in Europe for that price - which is the point. Ppl want to fly 'for cheap' no matter what unions do. That'll be sorted. Employees are well protected by employment legislation and the age of organised labour is almost over thankfully. Ryanair will endure and share price will go up.

I think so too, but it may go down a little more before that happens, maybe even dip into 10's until all of the bad news is shaken out.

I think so too, but it may go down a little more before that happens, maybe even dip into 10's until all of the bad news is shaken out.

Ya maybe - all my other holdings (other than PR) are in sh1te, what's one more!

Ya maybe - all my other holdings (other than PR) are in sh1te, what's one more!

That's the spirit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement