Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Policy Review

Yeah can't go wrong with MAPS, my only reservations with maps is the lack of knowledge about the exact nature of the alternatives invested in, and also the yet to be tested out DSC.
    Which sounds great but looking back at the minor dip at the beginning of this year failed to forsee the blimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Yeah can't go wrong with MAPS, my only reservations with maps is the lack of knowledge about the exact nature of the alternatives invested in, and also the yet to be tested out DSC.
    Which sounds great but looking back at the minor dip at the beginning of this year failed to forsee the blimp.

I'm gonna go with the minimum €100 a month for now so not too bothered about fluctuations. It's a 5 year minimum term.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Policy Review

I'm gonna go with the minimum €100 a month for now so not too bothered about fluctuations. It's a 5 year minimum term.

Well its defo advisable for the min 5 year term.
    On a side note thers only been one time since records began i believe that a similar investment over 8 years has failed to return in the positives.

Again i could be wrong but the moral is its not how much but rather how long.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Or would anyone care to recommend a ETF (one of DeGiro's free ones if possible)?

I fancy these:

ISHARES EDGE MSCI USA MOMENTUM FACTOR UCITS ETF ISIN IE00BD1F4N50

ISHARES AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS UCITS ETF
    ISIN IE00BYZK4552

Both available on Degiro and traded on the LSE

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reade

Anyone recommend to invest in Berkshire Hathaway ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

TSLA VSTM & NIO recovering nicely today.

Any thoughts on TEVA?

NIO up 30% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Reinvested my AMD sells into some Pot stocks.

Aurora ACBFF
    Listing on the NYSE later this month.

Organigram OGRMF
    Organic play but with good credentials.

Aphria APHQF
    Was tempted but didn't buy. Looks likely to list on the NYSE in near future

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

They charge fees of 1.8% per annum for the MAPS funds which is pretty ridiculous.
    The fund you mentioned (Maps 5) is 82.4% global equities. I am sure you could find an ETF offering a similar investment with far lower fees, and you also wouldn't be hit with a surcharge (up to 5%) for early withdrawal if you need access to the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

TG860 wrote: »
    They charge fees of 1.8% per annum for the MAPS funds which is pretty ridiculous.
    The fund you mentioned (Maps 5) is 82.4% global equities. I am sure you could find an ETF offering a similar investment with far lower fees, and you also wouldn't be hit with a surcharge (up to 5%) for early withdrawal if you need access to the cash.

Ah crap - every time I think I understand what I'm at there's an alternative thrown at me :confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

reade wrote: »
    Anyone recommend to invest in Berkshire Hathaway ?

Aren't they like 250k a share?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Austria! wrote: »
    Aren't they like 250k a share?

Are you poor or something? There is a B stock that is only a few hundred dollars a share. I assume he's asking about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

TG860 wrote: »

Not to mention the 1% insurance levy on all your deposits. The "investment" options available through Irish banks and large FS groups are terrible when it comes to fees. People can literally lose hundreds of thousands in profits when compared to investing directly in shares or ETFs and most people are none the wiser. You'd think the market is ripe for someone to fill the gap between the banks and the likes of Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

I want to buy shares in Avita Medical but it’s only listed on the Frankfurt exchange on Degiro , will this make any difference to the rise and fall of the share price or will it rise/fall in accordance with the Australian stock exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Red Red Red..

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Not often ya get second chances, VKTX around 14 is a steal. Would wait for upward momentum to return but seriously cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Not often ya get second chances, VKTX around 14 is a steal. Would wait for upward momentum to return but seriously cheap.

Added what I could under 14. Pity I added at 18 a few weeks ago. If I thought they were cheap then, today looks like a giveaway. Be in the fcuking 12's tomorrow :pac:

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Added what I could under 14. Pity I added at 18 a few weeks ago. If I thought they were cheap then, today looks like a giveaway. Be in the fcuking 12's tomorrow :pac:

XBI is down, not worried personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

I want to buy shares in Avita Medical but it’s only listed on the Frankfurt exchange on Degiro , will this make any difference to the rise and fall of the share price or will it rise/fall in accordance with the Australian stock exchange.
    I’m in the same boat as this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Great value for buying all over the place today.

on

DOW, NASDAQ, LSE, ISEQ

Stuff I have been watching is now at target prices.

I am currently waiting for money to arrive in my Degiro account....kid in a sweet shop stuff :-)

But I wonder is this really a temporary correction (ie. a buying opportunity) or maybe the start of a bigger slide ????

• Registered Users Posts: 65,208 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Great value for buying all over the place. Oh bollox, my portfolio is further down today.

FYP :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Down 7% in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What are peoples thoughts on glu mobile? I got in a while back on the tip from this thread but it's down like 30% since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,915 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What are peoples targets and timeliness on VKTX?

Thargor wrote: »
    What are peoples targets and timeliness on VKTX?

Double your money from here at the low end. Extrapolating out from MDGL's MC/PPS VKTX should be worth ~$60/s on NASH drug alone. VKTX also has other drugs in the pipeline which MDGL doesn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Double your money from here at the low end. Extrapolating out from MDGL's MC/PPS VKTX should be worth ~$60/s on NASH drug alone. VKTX also has other drugs in the pipeline which MDGL doesn't really.

Just to be a bit bearish on vktx: the trial result readout recently was not a NASH trial and had an easy endpoint. If this works for NASH, it's likely it will be beaten to market by madrigal and other players. It's miles from having a product.

The market is slowly coming to this realisation, hence the fall back. The only possible way for a near term rally is a buyout, they do have a strong pipeline so it is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on glu mobile? I got in a while back on the tip from this thread but it's down like 30% since I got it.

I went in at $2 last year and got out around $4 as thought it had peacked at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have some cash freed up... thinking vktx. Off to do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

WTF is happening on the Nasdaq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

But the same could be said for CNAT (3 trials ongoing, 1st results due this quarter which could double SP but this is for portal hypertension, Phase 2 NASH results next year) and ICPT(looks poised to be first to the market with a NASH treatment as they are in phase 3 trials).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Anyone brave to invest in Sears at 47(were at 37c a few hr ago) to see if they can avoid bankruptcy this weekend?? :)

Advertisement