Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfers

• 22-09-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

More than likely be Shurrle to Richi for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Pedro to Madison most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildcard activated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Really tempted to do Mane to Milner on the basis Liverpool get a penalty in there next game

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

2 FT
    Pedro Townsend schemeichel mayhe Mendy on the chopping block

Really tempted to do Mane to Milner on the basis Liverpool get a penalty in there next game

Am I missing something ?

• Advertisement

Could be the week i get kovaic in maybe for pedro kinda depends on tomorrow's game

Could be the week i get kovaic in maybe for pedro kinda depends on tomorrow's game

Why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will wait on Mendy news but Zaha to Mitrovic is likely. Fulham weren't great today but he still had good chances. Zaha has been disappointing since I got him and there always seems to be some sort of niggly injury.

km79 wrote: »
    Am I missing something ?

Really just think Liverpool get a Penalty! I most likely won't do it.

Really just think Liverpool get a Penalty! I most likely won't do it.

What about the rest of the week they don’t and he doesn’t start?
    What if Mané wins pen ?
    Crazy move

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Why ?

I want to have double Chelsea and Pedro seems like he will be either rotated or subbed off a lot so his minutes will be reduced.
    I've a hunch Giroud could be rotated depending on how high as line the other team play.
    I dont fancy Kante to be able to produce enough going forward and whie Jorginhino is class again not a big points scorer

This leads me to Kovavic who I think won't be as big a rotaion risk (although seems to be subbed frequently enough himself)
    Small sample but he is begining to line up well statistically for me. In terms of shot and key passes per game

Hazard gets a load of touches on the ball per game, with Chelsea playing so much through him it leads to the players around him getting more touches and more space as he often draws more then one player on to him.

If you look back Kovaic (position) is also getting more touches on the ball per minute then any other attacking position bar Hazards. (I'm not couting Jorghinio in this)

And more touches mean more chances of scoring and assisting. (in a team we expect to score a lot this season)

I could be way off here but I feel it is a good position to buy early on a player at a great price

I want to have double Chelsea and Pedro seems like he will be either rotated or subbed off a lot so his minutes will be reduced.
    I've a hunch Giroud could be rotated depending on how high as line the other team play.
    I dont fancy Kante to be able to produce enough going forward and whie Jorginhino is class again not a big points scorer

This leads me to Kovavic who I think won't be as big a rotaion risk (although seems to be subbed frequently enough himself)
    Small sample but he is begining to line up well statistically for me. In terms of shot and key passes per game

Hazard gets a load of touches on the ball per game, with Chelsea playing so much through him it leads to the players around him getting more touches and more space as he often draws more then one player on to him.

If you look back Kovaic (position) is also getting more touches on the ball per minute then any other attacking position bar Hazards. (I'm not couting Jorghinio in this)

And more touches mean more chances of scoring and assisting. (in a team we expect to score a lot this season)

I could be way off here but I feel it is a good position to buy early on a player at a great price

I watched him last week and was also impressed BUT I think he will play similar minutes to Pedro give or take , has lessgial threat and they have a mixed bag of fixtures
    In short it’s a waste of a transfer imo
    Sell Pedro by all means but not for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭macraignil

Trippier in for Pereira who was not on Leicester team today for some reason I'm not sure of. Pereira seems to have good attacking points potential but Leicester look like they will concede loads this season.
    Trippier looks to be on free kick duty so will look to playing him every week, and he's a good way towards a price rise. Was going to go Eriksen in for Neves but I think he can just sit on the bench a bit longer now as to me it looks like Trippier could get more points in than Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

No Lloris or Vorm for Spurs,Gazza at 4.5m and 3 g8 fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Fcuk just did rage Foster to Hart ah well, playing terrible this year, too embarrassed to post last weeks -4 which involved Mendy and Hudson Odi to Frazer and

Bamba I’d have been better off with Bambi, I was very drunk at the time in my defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Good for a wildcard but otherwise you are looking at 2 transfers - 1 to get him in and another to get him back out a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Three fixtures in GW8? First I heard of a TGW

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Three fixtures in GW8? First I heard of a TGW

Text speak - he means great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lemlin wrote: »
    Text speak - he means great.

Bloody nonsense. You'd thing there'd have to be an "r" in there somewhere?
    On a FF forum, my first thought when I see a work beginning with G is always either "goal" or "gameweek", or maybe at a stretch, Jordan Henderson's gait.

Anyway, considering Spurs kept just 1 clean sheet all season, I wouldnt be rushing to get Gazzinaga in, especially with superior 4.5m options for keepers playing week in, week out who have actually kept a few cleanies and made a few saves... even if they are named Joe Hart or Alex McCarthy or Rui Patricio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Have 2FT, Pedro out looks likely with the first, with Fraser or Richarlison on the watch list. Not too sure on the second, Wilson -> Mitrovic a possibility, Mendy could be on the chopping block too depending on what news emerges there. Could also roll the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bloody nonsense.

113961.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Bloody nonsense. You'd thing there'd have to be an "r" in there somewhere?
    On a FF forum, my first thought when I see a work beginning with G is always either "goal" or "gameweek", or maybe at a stretch, Jordan Henderson's gait.

Maybe he has a lisp?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Considering a bank, but will give Mendy as long as he needs, as City are home against BHA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Would it be crazy to use bench boost with a non playing keeper? Other 13 have good fixtures and would use FT to get someone decent for Kamara.

I think I'm just trying to avoid making a decision who to bench :D

Klonker wrote: »
    Would it be crazy to use bench boost with a non playing keeper? Other 13 have good fixtures and would use FT to get someone decent for Kamara.

Why not take a - 4? Essentially a - 2 to get a playing keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Klonker wrote: »

Why not take a - 4? Essentially a - 2 to get a playing keeper

I could do but Ederson is my other keeper so I think it might be a waste of .5m to upgrade, worth thinking about though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Salah out for Kane

Then Either Ings or Wilson out for a player 6.8m (Maddison) /7.4m (Moura / Ramsey)

So it’s either
    Maddison & Wilson
    Or
    Moura or Ramsey & Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

KevIRL wrote:
    Wildcard activated

Mine is, for real !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Using this as a note to self for later in the week
    Leaning towards banking and having a mini wilddcard soon as I have a few on the chopping block over the next few GWs to get Salah back in.

Looking at moving on the following in no particular order.
    David Silva
    Mendy
    Walcott
    Kante
    Auba

For -4, I can do
    Silva-Auba to Salah-Mitrovic. I don't love this move as I'm losing a premium attacker

Don't like tying up so much in a non plying Mendy.

Happy enough holding Kante (5th MF) and Walcott medium term as least they're playing and downgrading them doesn't really help me with Salah funds.

If I make a move it will either be the -4 above

or downgrade Mendy to a certain starter and start building Salah funds, who may or may not be a certain diminutive Portuguese right back :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

shineon23 wrote: »
    Using this as a note to self for later in the week
    Leaning towards banking and having a mini wilddcard soon as I have a few on the chopping block over the next few GWs to get Salah back in.

Looking at moving on the following in no particular order.
    David Silva
    Mendy
    Walcott
    Kante
    Auba

For -4, I can do
    Silva-Auba to Salah-Mitrovic. I don't love this move as I'm losing a premium attacker

Don't like tying up so much in a non plying Mendy.

Happy enough holding Kante (5th MF) and Walcott medium term as least they're playing and downgrading them doesn't really help me with Salah funds.

If I make a move it will either be the -4 above

or downgrade Mendy to a certain starter and start building Salah funds, who may or may not be a certain diminutive Portuguese right back :P

Is salah's ownership the main reason you want him? If he was to drop to say 30% would he lose some appeal?

I'm asking this as I think mane will be the highest owned Liverpool player sooner rather than later.

As you said yourself you'd be loosing a premium attacker trying to fit in salah.

Advertisement