Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kane will be one but Mendy will be a downgrade.

Stupid because Aguero is 51% owned and will be captained by most this weekend.

Maybe it’s too early for a move like this but I was so so close to going for Hazard just before his haul. I’m feeling Kane might be about to score 5 in 2.

But I’m not happy that Aguero will now be getting 60-70 minute appearances and I was hoping Mendy was a season keeper and that the ‘injury’ was BS but turns out it probably is an injury.

If I’m correct I’ll move right up the leaderboard. If I’m wrong I’ll be severely punished and drop quite significantly.

Spurs and Kane have been poor yet he’s only scored 12 points less than Aguero who everyone thinks is an absolute must have. Is he though ?

as much as someone could argue that Salah is not worth 12.9 at the moment, Kane is nowhere near 12.5.

yes, it's Kane.
    yes, he has a habit of exploding unlike any other player bar Aguero.

but he's not even looking dangerous.

at least Salah looks threatening every time he takes to the pitch.

I think Kane will be the highest scorer over the next two weeks but the hassle involved getting him in and out is too much and it’ll just take 1-2 other fires to make it a bad move re taking hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Way better value @5m than Chilwell. I’ve had him for the past 5 weeks and massively regret it

can't change the past but can look to the future. His next 10 fixtures are half decent whilst the premium defenders play each other or have multiple games. from seeing him in action and with the numbers to back it up, if clean sheets are ignored for all teams the differential would be in attacking returns - just maybe his chances of getting them are better than in his first 5 weeks? seems a savage engine and possibly is a 5.5 defender under valued ?

He played in the cup game. I'd be wary Mahrez won't start at the weekend.

he didn't start last week either. seems he needs games and needs to learn Pep and what he wants from him. goals are still goals. 3 well taken goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Re Chilwell; Pereira is probably a better option, I know he didn't play last weekend but the injury to Gray means he could be playing more in midfield. If he plays, he is aa good an attacking defender available outside of Alonso and Robbo, more so if playing further up the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    He played in the cup game. I'd be wary Mahrez won't start at the weekend.
    he didn't start last week either. seems he needs games and needs to learn Pep and what he wants from him. goals are still goals. 3 well taken goals.
    Just thinking Mahrez might be worth a punt for Citys games against Burnley and Southampton. They have important games in the league and Europe around then where the big guns will be playing so Mahrez might come in for those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Wildcard, stick or Siggy/Firmino to Kane/Lennon for -8, have exact money so can’t afford any fluctuations, already down around 850k so I am going to need to start gambling or be left behind.
    Current wasters and under performers are:
    Hart: brought in this week for Foster.
    Speroni: not playing. Hamer on wildcard.
    Robertson, Bennett, AWB and Alonso: all good.
    Bamba: not playing. Bellerin on wildcard.
    Siggy: Poor. Ramsey on wildcard.
    Salah: expensive . Mane on wildcard.
    Neves: poor. Lennon on wildcard.
    Dilva: rotation risk. Maddison on wildcard.
    Fraser: hopefully hasn’t shot his load.
    Kun: legend
    Firmino: poor for the money. Kane on wildcard.
    Ings: doing well in a poor team. Mitrovic on wildcard.
    What would you do?

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Re Chilwell; Pereira is probably a better option, I know he didn't play last weekend but the injury to Gray means he could be playing more in midfield. If he plays, he is aa good an attacking defender available outside of Alonso and Robbo, more so if playing further up the pitch.

Ya its a good shout alright I got rid of him Monday as Trippier was about to rise, but now he could even become a starter as a RW given Gezzhal form hasn't been great.

It'd be great if he starter games a RB and was first choice to move to RW as a sub as if he started RW you would worry about his minutes as its a spot that Puel seems to sub a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 37,656 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote:
    I'd be hopeful that even if Mendy plays the Brighton game that Trippier can at least match him against Huddersfield.

That's if he even plays. It could be Aurier in that game.

patmac wrote: »
    Wildcard, stick or Siggy/Firmino to Kane/Lennon for -8, have exact money so can’t afford any fluctuations, already down around 850k so I am going to need to start gambling or be left behind.
    What would you do?

Think you should do the wildcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

0.1 short from Hazard and Mitrovic out to Kane and Richarlison in. Damnit

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

0.1 short from Hazard and Mitrovic out to Kane and Richarlison in. Damnit

Why would you sell Mitrovic? He's in great form and is cheap. Kane whilst ticking over isn't in great form and is 12.4m.

Why would you sell Mitrovic? He's in great form and is cheap. Kane whilst ticking over isn't in great form and is 12.4m.

I think Kane and Richi outscore Mitro and Hazard in the next two game weeks and would also cover the hit.

I've had Mitro since GW1 and he's been a superstar for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mitro could outscore the two of them without Hazards help. I don’t get how after one black GW Hazard is on the chopping block for so many here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Swapped Chilwell in for TAA on my Wilcard for GW4. Purely based on fixtures & it has cost me the guts of 20 points already. Desperate decision

Green&Red wrote: »
    Mitro could outscore the two of them without Hazards help. I don’t get how after one black GW Hazard is on the chopping block for so many here

Hazard has done exactly what I brought him in to do and that was to play him against Cardiff. He got more points in that game than I ever expected. He then raised in price a lot which made it even better.

No big hitter will be season long imo and it'll be about rotating them out at the right times. I.e getting Kane in for Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisa.J.Kelly

Time to get richarlison and mitrovic in! Look good value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

patmac wrote: »
    What would you do?

I'd start of with using the space bar :)
    Found myself getting panicked reading that.

I'm not sure Siggy & Firmino to Kane & Lennon is an -8 I would take.

If you take it that Dilva has had his rest and will play next few PL games then I wouldn't panic into a WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is taking Mendy out now worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is taking Mendy out now worth a -4?

If you bench is decent then not for me. Only 2 more games til int break. If he his declared fit for GW9 would you want to bring him back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If you bench is decent then not for me. Only 2 more games til int break. If he his declared fit for GW9 would you want to bring him back in?

2 of Rico, Bennett, Wan Bissaka.

I’d be more than happy if declared fit for GW9.

Problem is TV. I’ll start losing value if he drops anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »
    2 of Rico, Bennett, Wan Bissaka.

I’d be more than happy if declared fit for GW9.

Problem is TV. I’ll start losing value if he drops anymore

I’d expect Rico to be dropped this weekend, taken off at HT last weekend
    I expected big things from him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,948 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking for a midfielder for 7.7 million as a Kane enabler. All things being equal, Maddison would be the guy. However, I don't think this is going to be a long-term move. I don't want Kane for too long and will have value to use before long.

Newcastle away first and they've an average of 2 home goals conceded per game. But if you look closer that is from 3 games against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Leicester are less of an attacking threat than those sides too. That is followed by Everton at home which I think might be tougher than it looks also. Arsenal first up after the international break also so unless I'm planning on sticking with him for the medium-term it doesn't seem so appealing.

Chief candidates are Bernardo Silva who was given the night off last night, Ramsey who was playing the number 10 role for Arsenal at the weekend and is a all round getter of scaldy goals/assists, and outside bets of Sigurdsson/Walcott, however I already have Richarlison and don't really think an Everton attacking double up looks on.

For reference, my other midfielders would be Mane, Fraser, Richarlison and eh Stephens.

Thoughts on a postcard please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

CSF wrote: »
    Looking for a midfielder for 7.7 million as a Kane enabler. All things being equal, Maddison would be the guy. However, I don't think this is going to be a long-term move. I don't want Kane for too long and will have value to use before long.

Newcastle away first and they've an average of 2 home goals conceded per game. But if you look closer that is from 3 games against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Leicester are less of an attacking threat than those sides too. That is followed by Everton at home which I think might be tougher than it looks also. Arsenal first up after the international break also so unless I'm planning on sticking with him for the medium-term it doesn't seem so appealing.

Chief candidates are Bernardo Silva who was given the night off last night, Ramsey who was playing the number 10 role for Arsenal at the weekend and is a all round getter of scaldy goals/assists, and outside bets of Sigurdsson/Walcott, however I already have Richarlison and don't really think an Everton attacking double up looks on.

For reference, my other midfielders would be Mane, Fraser, Richarlison and eh Stephens.

Thoughts on a postcard please.

Bilva or Moura

• Registered Users Posts: 32,948 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bilva or Moura
    Thanks. I think Moura might be a likely candidate to not play at the weekend, with all of Eriksen, Son and Kane rested tonight, with him starting and Alli starting also putting himself into the equation also.

Thanks. I think Moura might be a likely candidate to not play at the weekend, with all of Eriksen, Son and Kane rested tonight, with him starting and Alli starting also putting himself into the equation also.

Ramsey.

No rotation concerns either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

All the west Ham players in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

You could well be right and have convinced me to do Moura to Bilva now rather than try own both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Salah to Hazard done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,652 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tempted by Aguero to Kane for a captaincy move....

Advertisement