Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Is salah's ownership the main reason you want him? If he was to drop to say 30% would he lose some appeal?

I'm asking this as I think mane will be the highest owned Liverpool player sooner rather than later.

As you said yourself you'd be loosing a premium attacker trying to fit in salah.

Basically yes. The majority of my rivals own Salah

I think I can get away without him for the Chelsea and Man city games. But if he starts hauling I'll be in trouble.

It was always my plan to get him (or Mane) in soon, but I think I'd rather block Salah's points rather than try and rely on Mane differential points against my rivals' Salah points, if that makes any sense.

Pep rotation/Mendy situation is also forcing me to think about moving Silva and Mendy on asap for guaranteed starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Yes understood but if your rivals are active players there's a good chance they may ditch Salah. Just had a look Salah and mane almost identical ownership.

I wildcarded last week didn't even entertain man city mids.
    Went for guaranteed starters.
    Re Mendy I have him since the start so may just hold for now.

I got vardy and maddison in last week as have good fixtures, success so far.

I'd prob be looking at arsenal now for next gameweek as Chelsea Vs Liverpool could cancel each other out.

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Yes understood but if your rivals are active players there's a good chance they may ditch Salah. Just had a look Salah and mane almost identical ownership.

I wildcarded last week didn't even entertain man city mids.
    Went for guaranteed starters.
    Re Mendy I have him since the start so may just hold for now.

I got vardy and maddison in last week as have good fixtures, success so far.

I'd prob be looking at arsenal now for next gameweek as Chelsea Vs Liverpool could cancel each other out.

There's very little chance they'll drop Salah,
    purely going by their histories.

I had similar thinking on selling up my city MF cover.
    I was set on selling Silva (ahead of this
    week) but his goal last weekend and another player dropping in price made me hold on.
    I feared the worst after he played 90 in Europe but I didn't want to take a -4 going into this gameweek.

Auba is my only arsenal cover and my main differential in attack, 10.9 (maybe 10.8) soon seems a lot of money for small returns so far. I like owning him and his returns last season were great.

Lacasette could give me the Arsenal cover and 1.5 more ITB,

I have a lot of head scratching to do over the week :D
    This game is a lot tougher when I'm only half paying attention to what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

km79 wrote: »
    Why ?

I want to have double Chelsea and Pedro seems like he will be either rotated or subbed off a lot so his minutes will be reduced.
    I've a hunch Giroud could be rotated depending on how high as line the other team play.
    I dont fancy Kante to be able to produce enough going forward and whie Jorginhino is class again not a big points scorer

This leads me to Kovavic who I think won't be as big a rotaion risk (although seems to be subbed frequently enough himself)
    Small sample but he is begining to line up well statistically for me. In terms of shot and key passes per game

Hazard gets a load of touches on the ball per game, with Chelsea playing so much through him it leads to the players around him getting more touches and more space as he often draws more then one player on to him.

If you look back Kovaic (position) is also getting more touches on the ball per minute then any other attacking position bar Hazards. (I'm not couting Jorghinio in this)

And more touches mean more chances of scoring and assisting. (in a team we expect to score a lot this season)

I could be way off here but I feel it is a good position to buy early on a player at a great price
    Chelsea fan here..i have alonso and hazard and feel they are more than enough,alonso is as good as any chelsea mid barring hazard in terms of FPL points. Rather suggest you to invest somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you think you want to captain a liverpool player its best that you have salah as he is the best option from that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

shineon23 wrote: »
    There's very little chance they'll drop Salah,
    purely going by their histories.

I had similar thinking on selling up my city MF cover.
    I was set on selling Silva (ahead of this
    week) but his goal last weekend and another player dropping in price made me hold on.
    I feared the worst after he played 90 in Europe but I didn't want to take a -4 going into this gameweek.

Auba is my only arsenal cover and my main differential in attack, 10.9 (maybe 10.8) soon seems a lot of money for small returns so far. I like owning him and his returns last season were great.

Lacasette could give me the Arsenal cover and 1.5 more ITB,

I have a lot of head scratching to do over the week :D
    This game is a lot tougher when I'm only half paying attention to what's going on.

Why do you think you need arsenal cover?
    You can't have a player from every team and you can't always have the exact players you want from those teams you do actually cover. Arsenal look like finishing between 8th and 5th but so do Leicester, Everton and Watford etc. Why not pick up a few stars from those teams and try squeeze in more premiums from the likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool who will be fighting at the top and scoring more /conceding less than Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Burnley have good fixtures and Europa League is gone but who are their recognized starting strikers?

Is Hart guaranteed his place for much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Can anyone shed light on why so many people have Mendy at the back (me included) instead of Laporte who costs 0.8 less and has started every game? Trying to decide i I should sell Mendy and replace with him free up cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Can anyone shed light on why so many people have Mendy at the back (me included) instead of Laporte who costs 0.8 less and has started every game? Trying to decide i I should sell Mendy and replace with him free up cash.

Mendy has huge attacking potential, Laporte doesn’t. Everyone who has mendy had him before this injury/incident.
    Also with ottamendi back, Laporte is a little more at risk of rotation as one extra centre back to accommodate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Laporte won't get near the same returns as Mendy come end of season. However he's the most nailed on defender when Mendy is injured and its who I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Barring injury, Hazard to Salah this week.

Gave Salah one last chance this week, glad he got the goal but he still looks a 9m player rather than a 13m player. Have Mane as "cover".

If Hazard continues to get rested for Europa league then that can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Pedro to maddison or Ricarlisson?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fabregas is fit so Kovacic is a big rotation risk now.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Burnley have good fixtures and Europa League is gone but who are their recognized starting strikers?

Is Hart guaranteed his place for much longer?

Its harts place to lose. Their outfield players is a bit unsetttled. They have switched between 4 4 2 and 4 5 1. They have 4 strikers wood , vokes , vydra and barnes none of them are currently a standout first choice . Some weeks 2 out of those 4 start other weeks just 1. Gudmundson is the best burnley attacking option . Hart a good gk option . I have him myself. Charlie Taylor 4.4 i think has been starting LB ahead of ward might be worth a look too. Apart from that id steer clear for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Might get rid of Mané, think having him and Salah is overkill at the moment

Arnie is a problem too, always getting injured

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Its harts place to leave. Their outfield players is a bit unsetttled. They have switched between 4 4 2 and 4 5 1. They have 4 strikers wood , vokes , vydra and barnes none of them are currently a standout first choice . Some weeks 2 out of those 4 start other weeks just 1. Gudmundson is the best burnley attacking option . Hart a good gk option . I have him myself. Charlie Taylor 4.4 i think has been starting LB ahead of ward might be worth a look too. Apart from that id steer clear for now.

I brought Hart in on a WC last week, got me 9pts yesterday, 2 save points and a BP in a team that got four goals, just behind him was Gudmundson with two assists. Burnley keepers have always been good scorers. It looks like Hart is nailed on

Looks like I’ve to get shot of Rico, came off at HT yesterday.
    Anyone any insight into whether Peltier is now a sure thing?

Why do you think you need arsenal cover?
    You can't have a player from every team and you can't always have the exact players you want from those teams you do actually cover. Arsenal look like finishing between 8th and 5th but so do Leicester, Everton and Watford etc. Why not pick up a few stars from those teams and try squeeze in more premiums from the likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool who will be fighting at the top and scoring more /conceding less than Arsenal?

They have, good fixtures.
    They have goals In their team, 14 goals in last 5 games in all Comps since City in GW1.
    Wouldn't touch their defence at the minute though.
    Auba is my differential and I think he has the ability to bring a monster score in any given week.
    I don't think Lacca has as high of a ceiling, but I like him as a player. And that extra 1.4 now could come in handy. But don't think I'll be able to squeeze him in, in any case.

I just see them as good FPL points potential, and their players have low ownership in my main league.

I'm maxed out on City and Chelsea, and want Salah from Liverpool so that's those 3 clubs covered.

Agree with you on Leicester, everton and Watford, but I see these as clubs I can do without players from. I rather cut corners here than on the likes of the traditional top 6.

I have Walcott but have my eye in Richarlison,
    Leicester interest me have no space for anyone at the moment, I'll be very surprised if Watford continue as they have been playing so not getting involved with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Green&Red wrote: »

Was Peltier not stretchered off yesterday? Or maybe I’m thinking of someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What are people doing with the double Chelsea / double or triple Liverpool conundrum next week?

• Advertisement

bantee wrote: »
    Was Peltier not stretchered off yesterday? Or maybe I’m thinking of someone else

Cheers

That leaves me somehow looking at Cedric again
    FML

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

What are people doing with the double Chelsea / double or triple Liverpool conundrum next week?

Selling Pedro
    Not buying hazard
    Keeping Alonso Robertson salah
    Following week it’s pool city .....

Its harts place to lose. Their outfield players is a bit unsetttled. They have switched between 4 4 2 and 4 5 1. They have 4 strikers wood , vokes , vydra and barnes none of them are currently a standout first choice . Some weeks 2 out of those 4 start other weeks just 1. Gudmundson is the best burnley attacking option . Hart a good gk option . I have him myself. Charlie Taylor 4.4 i think has been starting LB ahead of ward might be worth a look too. Apart from that id steer clear for now.

Just to add to this aaron lennon scored his first goal yesterday for 2 and a half years. I remember going in very strong for people to stay away from him as his finishing is awful after he scored a goal the week before an everton dgw 2 and a half years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »

The guy who was playing right back wasn't able to train this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just to add to this aaron lennon scored his first goal yesterday for 2 and a half years. I remember going in very strong for people to stay away from him as his finishing is awful after he scored a goal the week before an everton dgw 2 and a half years ago.

tbf he hasn't played the much football in that time and had health issues. was nice to see him scoring again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking of Pereyra out for either Ricky or Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Luiz to Trippier, Pedro to Maddison or both for a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating Mendy and mane out. Robertson and hazard in. Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Debating Mendy and mane out. Robertson and hazard in. Opinions?

Haz looked poor today

LIV, sou, MNU, bur coming up, would hold off, he's extremely streaky.

Robertson has Chelsea away next game too. I have him and will hold but not sure I'd be bringing him in ahead of that fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Which of Richarlison Maddison or Bilva would you buy?

Advertisement