Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MR NINE wrote: »
    Are we confident trippier will start the next couple league games? He may get a rest given how important the barca game is. Who is the most nailed on spurs defender?

Vertonghen is the most nailed but poor attacking returns. Tripper should play this weekend & the Barca game, the home game vs Cardiff is 50/50 which would be disappointing to miss out on if he was benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    what are people's thoughts on Iheanacho?
    Cheap, is playing, and they are scoring goals
    Maddison is the way to go for Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Vertonghen is the most nailed but poor attacking returns. Tripper should play this weekend & the Barca game, the home game vs Cardiff is 50/50 which would be disappointing to miss out on if he was benched.

Yeah it'd be very disappointing to have a spurs defender not start either of those coz they're both very likely cleaneys. Is alder nailed on too? He's a bigger goal threat than vert I think. Trippier is clearly the best option but I have real doubts about him starting 3 games in 8 days

Yeah it'd be very disappointing to have a spurs defender not start either of those coz they're both very likely cleaneys. Is alder nailed on too? He's a bigger goal threat than vert I think. Trippier is clearly the best option but I have real doubts about him starting 3 games in 8 days

Vertonghen is guaranteed to play in nearly every game whereas Alder can get rotated with Sanchez as they're both right-footed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Are we confident trippier will start the next couple league games? He may get a rest given how important the barca game is. Who is the most nailed on spurs defender?

i'm not confident on the Cardiff game.

at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Poch chucks Aurier in for the Barca game.

my other 4 defenders are Alonso, WanB, Bennett and Adam Smith. So I have a bench.

• Advertisement

I want a spurs defender for those two games before switching to Robertson so sounds like vert is probably the safest pick. Trippier would be a lot more fun though. I'll be bench boosting in gw8 though so don't want to risk a non starter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I want a spurs defender for those two games before switching to Robertson so sounds like vert is probably the safest pick. Trippier would be a lot more fun though. I'll be bench boosting in gw8 though so don't want to risk a non starter

1 clean sheet so far..

Conceded in games against Brighton (1), Liverpool (2), Watford (2), Fulham (1), Newcastle (1).

Only game they kept a clean sheet in was against Man U (lowest scoring team in the top 9)

Not exactly warranting bringing in a Spurs defender to be honest.

callaway92 wrote: »
    1 clean sheet so far..

Conceded in games against Brighton (1), Liverpool (2), Watford (2), Fulham (1), Newcastle (1).

Only game they kept a clean sheet in was against Man U (lowest scoring team in the top 9)

I'm on wildcard and it's for 2 weeks before switching to a pool defender. Huds and Cardiff. I'd be very surprised if they didn't get one cleanie there and think they've a pretty good chance at getting two

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

callaway92 wrote: »
    1 clean sheet so far..

it's a case of trusting in the good run of fixtures, and in Trippier's value for attacking returns.

in my case, it's easily fixed if he's too unreliable over the next 3 or 4 GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

My team is

Allison - Stek
    Mendy- Alonso - Trippier - AWB - Bennett
    Hazard - Mane - Moura - Maddison - Fraser
    Aguero - Mitro - Deeney

2FT, 0.4itb

and I actually don't know what to do...!

Thinking of going Mendy + Bennett > Doherty/Jonny + another 4.5 (Duffy/Rice)

Gives me more options in defense and Mendys plummeting price means I could possibly just buy him back for no loss in a couple weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Gonna take the advice to stick with Monreal. Cheers whoever you were.

This also means I'll hold off using the WC. I'm gonna take a -8 hit to fix my bench. I hate taking hits just to put the incoming transfer on the bench but after last weekends sh!t show it's a necessary piece of house keeping.

So for the very exciting transfer news

Pereya - Maddison
    Pelter - Bennett
    Cairney - Hojberg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

SlickRic wrote:
    at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if Poch chucks Aurier in for the Barca game.

SlickRic wrote:
    i'm not confident on the Cardiff game.

I think Trippier has had 2 poor games in a row now. Mane and March both exposed him defensively. He catches the eye with his set pieces but he hasn't been playing well so I'd be worried about Aurier if I owned him.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think Trippier has had 2 poor games in a row now. Mane and March both exposed him defensively. He catches the eye with his set pieces but he hasn't been playing well so I'd be worried about Aurier if I owned him.

Might actually benefit Tripper owners then. Poch might fancy Aurier for the bigger game vs Barca and play Trippier against weaker opp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dearg81 wrote: »

All the more reason Aurier plays Barcelona and Trippier others. In theory Aurier is the better defender though he's only shown it in glimpses for Spurs in his time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Tempted to sell Haz now at 10.8 & switch to Kane

Haz ----> 5.7
    Wilson ---> Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Tempted to sell Has now at 10.8 & switch to Kane

Haz ----> 5.7
    Wilson ---> Kane
    I'm seriously considering Hazard to Alli and Lukaku to Kane. Think at this stage I have gotten the best out of Hazard, in terms of both points and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

dsmythy wrote:
    All the more reason Aurier plays Barcelona and Trippier others. In theory Aurier is the better defender though he's only shown it in glimpses for Spurs in his time there.
    Yea could work out but just seems like a lottery. If you have good subs it's probably worth the risk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'd say that there is practically zero chance of Aurier starting against Barca, he is too indisciplined and liable to give away frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2FTs. No idea what transfer to make. I'm thinking any of the below, maybe you guys have some advice?

Begovic > Ryan
    Mendy > Trippier (not keen on this just yet)
    Dilva > Richarilsion (most likely doing this)
    Ings > Mitro (might do this along with Richi)

Begovic (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Alonso (AWB) (Bennet)
    Salah D.Silva Hazard Maddison (Billing)
    Aguero Ings Jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Had 2 free transfer and used a -4

Hope I don't regret this

Out

Button
    Bertrand
    Hazard

In

Bettinelli
    Trippier
    Eriksen

Spurs have some favorable fixtures

Next week I'll probabky go Aguero to Kane

• Advertisement

I’m so so close to a move that might be as bad as me not captaining Salah for the skinny game week last year.

It involves selling Mendy and Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

klopparama wrote: »
    I’m so so close to a move that might be as bad as me not captaining Salah for the skinny game week last year.

It involves selling Mendy and Aguero.

Why? I assume its for Kane Trippier or similar?

Why? I assume its for Kane Trippier or similar?

Kane will be one but Mendy will be a downgrade.

Stupid because Aguero is 51% owned and will be captained by most this weekend.

Maybe it’s too early for a move like this but I was so so close to going for Hazard just before his haul. I’m feeling Kane might be about to score 5 in 2.

But I’m not happy that Aguero will now be getting 60-70 minute appearances and I was hoping Mendy was a season keeper and that the ‘injury’ was BS but turns out it probably is an injury.

If I’m correct I’ll move right up the leaderboard. If I’m wrong I’ll be severely punished and drop quite significantly.

Spurs and Kane have been poor yet he’s only scored 12 points less than Aguero who everyone thinks is an absolute must have. Is he though ?

klopparama wrote: »
    Kane will be one but Mendy will be a downgrade.

Stupid because Aguero is 51% owned and will be captained by most this weekend.

Maybe it’s too early for a move like this but I was so so close to going for Hazard just before his haul. I’m feeling Kane might be about to score 5 in 2.

But I’m not happy that Aguero will now be getting 60-70 minute appearances and I was hoping Mendy was a season keeper and that the ‘injury’ was BS but turns out it probably is an injury.

If I’m correct I’ll move right up the leaderboard. If I’m wrong I’ll be severely punished and drop quite significantly.

Spurs and Kane have been poor yet he’s only scored 12 points less than Aguero who everyone thinks is an absolute must have. Is he though ?

To put that into context, Kane has scored the same amount as Lukaku & Lacazette, neither of which are must haves.

He's ticked along nicely as you'd expect from Kane but not worth 12.5 yet, last week was a penalty too.

I'd hold this week (bank if you can) then bring in Kane for Aguero next GW

Aguero away to Liverpool
    Kane home to Cardiff

As you said, Aguero will be heavily captained this week, if he does well and Kane doesn't, you'll lose ground. If Kane does well too, you'll stay even points.. Best of luck whatever you do

Looking at moves I’d need to make going forward I think I’ll keave it.

If I had the money to do a straight swap I would but I don’t.

Mendy can sit on my bench until he’s ready.

I agree with above. I'd hold onto Aguero this week.

Alternatively could you do the following:

Downgrade Mendy this week and Keep Aguero

Next week go Aguero to Kane no hits involved works better with fixtures?

I'm going Aguero to Kane next week.

I got rid of Robertson this week for Trippier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I agree with above. I'd hold onto Aguero this week.

Alternatively could you do the following:

Downgrade Mendy this week and Keep Aguero

Next week go Aguero to Kane no hits involved works better with fixtures?

I'm going Aguero to Kane next week.

I got rid of Robertson this week for Trippier.

Looking at Aguero to Kane short term move next week now too. Cardiff are just so bad and a Kane captaincy haul could be a great rank booster

GW7: Mendy to Yedlin (good fixtures in GW11&12 when Doherty has Spurs and Arsenal). Could play him this week ahead of Ings too.

GW8: Aguero to Kane(c)

GW9: Aguero has Burnley at home so ideally I'd want him back in for that but could get away without him hopefully. Salah has Huddersfield away so that's a decent captaincy alternative. Kane has West Ham away.

GW10: Spurs home to City so not too pushed about having Aguero for this one. Pool have Cardiff at home so Salah(c)

GW11: City home to Southamption. Kane away to Wolves and Salah away at Arsenal. Kane back to Aguero here for sure and possibly a hit for Ings to Arnie as West Ham's fixtures turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Mendy - Chillwell
    Hazard - Mahrez

for a -4 ??

Mahrez started banging in the goals this time last year, 3 now in 2 appearances.Brighton Burnley & Saints at home even if coming on as a sub in next 5 games.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Mendy - Chillwell
    Hazard - Mahrez

for a -4 ??

Mahrez started banging in the goals this time last year, 3 now in 2 appearances.Brighton Burnley & Saints at home even if coming on as a sub in next 5 games.

He played in the cup game. I'd be wary Mahrez won't start at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Mendy - Chillwell
    Hazard - Mahrez

for a -4 ??

Way better value @5m than Chilwell. I’ve had him for the past 5 weeks and massively regret it

Advertisement