Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Special Event - September 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I was going to upgrade to the XS but my X’s value has plummeted far too much to justify it!

Oh well it was only a minor upgrade this year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Are the Xs and Xr the exact same except for the difference in size and the type of screen?

The differences as far as I can gather are:

SCREEN
    Xr has a 6.1" LCD screen 828 x 1792 resolution
    Xs has a 5.8" Super AMOLED screen 1125 x 2436 resolution
    Xs Max has 6.5" Super AMOLED screen 1242 x 2688 resolution

BODY MATERIAL
    Xr has aluminium frame with glass back
    Xs & Xs Max both have stainless steel frame with glass back

RAM & STORAGE
    Xr has 3GB RAM and 64GB, 128GB or 256GB storage options
    Xs & Xs Max both have 4GB RAM and 64GB, 256GB or 512GB storage options

CAMERA
    Xr has single 12MP rear cam and 7MP selfie cam
    Xs & Xs Max have dual 12MP rear cam and 7MP selfie cam. The second cam on the rear is capable of 2x Optical zoom.
    All 3 phones seem to have the same type of Quad LED/dual tone flash on the rear cams, and all cams rear or front have HDR.

COLOUR OPTIONS
    Xr will be available in Black, Blue, Yellow, Red or Coral
    Xs & Xs Max will be available in Space Grey, Silver or Gold.

BATTERY
    Don't know the maH, but Apple claims usage is:
    Xr & Xs Max 25 hours talk time on 3G or 65 hours music playing. (N.B. this applies to the big LCD and the bigger AMOLED model, not the two AMOLED models)
    Xs 20 hours talk time on 3G or 60 hours music playing

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

nokia211 wrote: »
    Guys, I’m sure a lot of us ordered our iPhones within minutes of it going live with a delivery date of 25th of September, do you think we may get them on the 21st as there wasn’t really much of a demand this year.

I’m hoping so!

On the cost front. I don’t think anyone has mentioned resale. I got €850 for my iPhone X. iPhones hold there value really well and I put this towards a new model. I also use cheap sim only contracts. All these factors mean I’m paying €40-50 per month on for phone and plan over the year. I know people who pay much more for crappy phone plans. Less over 2 years.

That said the lack of fast charger or good headphones in the box is becoming a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I was going to upgrade to the XS but my X’s value has plummeted far too much to justify it!

Oh well it was only a minor upgrade this year anyway

What is the X valued at now used?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Hogzy wrote: »
    What is the X valued at now used?

This is just an estimate from looking about the usual places like eBay,, Adverts etc, but I'd say averaging about €750-ish.

Mint conditions are probably still making as much as €800+ and, less commonly, the badly kept/scratched ones as low as €600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

duridian wrote: »
    This is just an estimate from looking about the usual places like eBay,, Adverts etc, but I'd say averaging about €750-ish.

Mint conditions are probably still making as much as €800+ and, less commonly, the badly kept/scratched ones as low as €600.

I picked up a 256gb model for my wife on donedeal for €700......complete with receipt and network unlocked....not a scratch on it. You can pick up a new 64gb on adverts for €819 from a seller with hundreds of positive feedback.....some people are putting up used ones for €800-900.....can’t see them fetching this price.

Such a nice bit of kit....on the lookout for an upgrade myself now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

And if you really need to sell in a hurry CEX will give you €705 cash (Space Grey 64GB) or €721 cash (Silver 64GB) or €813 Voucher to spend in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Anyone’s iPhone dispatched yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

If it’s in anyway similar to last years launch I only got the dispatch email on the Thursday and my phone arrived the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

whiterebel wrote: »
    No. They have been able to connect to the iPhone since day, that is the point of them really. Notifications, messages, mails etc on your wrist.

Okay. What is the range on that? Is cellular ApleWatch for leaving the iPhone at home?

• Advertisement

The money has just changed from pending to 'spent' overnight. Thats usually a sign something is happening. However its still saying preparing for dispatch on apples site

sean72 wrote: »
    The money has just changed from pending to 'spent' overnight. Thats usually a sign something is happening. However its still saying preparing for dispatch on apples site

Do you have a delivery date of 21st or 25th?

Do you have a delivery date of 21st or 25th?

I've got the 25th ... and it's still saying preparing for dispatch, so maybe I'll still be waiting.

I've got the 25th ... and it's still saying preparing for dispatch, so maybe I'll still be waiting.

I’m the same as that, hoping for 21st though still.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ive one for delivery on 26th Sep and its still processing.
    Same for the one for delivery on 5th Oct.
    They haven't taken the money from my card yet, but their initial €1 temp charge has disappeared also.

I’m the same as that, hoping for 21st though still.

Has your money gone out today also? I wonder if anyone who had a delivery for the 21st money went out a few days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Mine is set for delivery on the 21st and still says 'Preparing for Dispatch' too.
    Has your money gone out today also? I wonder if anyone who had a delivery for the 21st money went out a few days ago?

It went out over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

have a 25th delivery date, money came out of my account on the sunday according to my banking app. so hopeful of a friday delivery

shanec1928 wrote: »
    have a 25th delivery date, money came out of my account on the sunday according to my banking app. so hopeful of a friday delivery

Strange they are normally like clock work for me .... money out, dispatched that day or evening and delivery 1-2 days. We will see as the day progresses I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My money was taken about 20 minutes after I ordered and never returned. I paid by Apple Pay though and had my Visa Debit as payment card.

The Apple Pay transaction didn’t pop up for about 20 minutes though so it was probably just delayed to to the volume of orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Strange they are normally like clock work for me .... money out, dispatched that day or evening and delivery 1-2 days. We will see as the day progresses I suppose

They are coming from China. Technically they have already shipped. But you will get your shipping notification when it leaves the UK, most likely tomorrow afternoon - evening time. With delivery in most areas on the 21st.

Those with a delivery estimate of the 25th should still be getting it Friday unless you’re in a really remote area.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    They are coming from China. Technically they have already shipped. But you will get your shipping notification when it leaves the UK, most likely tomorrow afternoon - evening time. With delivery in most areas on the 21st.

Those with a delivery estimate of the 25th should still be getting it Friday unless you’re in a really remote area.

I’ve a delivery date of 25th but It’s being preparing for dispatch since Friday, so I’m hoping for 21st,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I’ve a delivery date of 25th but It’s being preparing for dispatch since Friday, so I’m hoping for 21st,

Sounds like your getting 25th based on location so good chance of 21st.

Dispatched! It's with DHL

Mo14 wrote: »

What was your original date?

Mo14 wrote: »

Mines gone too 😀