Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Special Event - September 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

peteeeed wrote: »
    nope its down

Nope, it’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I used the app. Even that came up a bit late. Site only came live at 8:07

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just ordered a 44mm Series 4 Watch. Got a delivery date of Friday September 21st, even though the store didn’t go live for about 6/7mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just got XS max 256

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Xs max 256 25th September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

App went live before web. About 8:05 before I could access it. Deliver friday 21st for white/silver XS Max 256Gb.

Either way there seems to be a lot of stock this year. I ordered my X 2 or 3 mins after 8 last year and there was already a week delay. Just checked and all iPhone models are still shipping for Friday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'd say it's a combination of way more stock, or way less orders than expected due to the price!

I can see the watch selling out faster than the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Did anyone get a delivery date of 21st for the iPhone xs? Everyone including me so far seems to have got the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

app went live for me 1st,
    had password issue as fecking usual,
    max256 gb was available for 21st , but as i sorted my password it slipped to 25th ...

oredered the X last year to replace a 7plus , didnt like it sent it back as too small after 7 days for full refund
    hope i like this better!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

XS Max Gold and Silver 64gb both for 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

App always comes up before the site.

For next year;

https://www.caseyliss.com/2016/9/9/gimme-dat-iphone

It uses American times but other than that it’s the best strategy for getting your phone on preorder day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Beach Fuzz

dan786 wrote: »
    XS Max Gold and Silver 64gb both for 21st.

Have the 8+ which I'm keeping for now, but I think I'd just go with the Xs in this iteration if I was upgrading.

Nice one though. Looking forward to seeing these phones first hand.

Eir facebook support telling me to contact the web chat, web chat is based in Mumbai...they haven't a clue what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Beach Fuzz

Eir have been without doubt the worst company I've had to deal with in years. :rolleyes:

Their business tarrifs can't be beaten tho.

Unlimited calls, even while roaming in the US and a gb of data to use in the states, for 45 bucks a month...not to be sniffed at.

Eir retail pre orders gone live...

still nothing for business.

damn it

also, no gold available on Xs Max 256gb on Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    Either way there seems to be a lot of stock this year. I ordered my X 2 or 3 mins after 8 last year and there was already a week delay. Just checked and all iPhone models are still shipping for Friday.

Just significantly less demand

Eir business will allow me to pre order 2 handsets today, with an estimated delivery date of the end of November, Early December....

Eh, no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I don’t think it’s going to be a problem picking up one in a shop on Friday.

🌞6.00kWp⚡️3.00kWp South/East⚡️3.00kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

App always comes up before the site.

For next year;

https://www.caseyliss.com/2016/9/9/gimme-dat-iphone

It uses American times but other than that it’s the best strategy for getting your phone on preorder day

Funny enough the app came up first when I turned off Wi-Fi.
    Ordered 64GB black. Delivery the 25th
    Also another tip is put your chosen item in your favourites. That way you don’t have to go though the selection process again. Add to bag then straight to paying for it. Just means a few less clicks. Less chance of mistake while we panic to get the sale 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Funny enough the app came up first when I turned off Wi-Fi.
    Ordered 64GB black. Delivery the 25th
    Also another tip is put your chosen item in your favourites. That way you don’t have to go though the selection process again. Add to bag then straight to paying for it. Just means a few less clicks. Less chance of mistake while we panic to get the sale 😀

You’ll probably get that on the 21st.

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s going to be a problem picking up one in a shop on Friday.
    There's no Eir store local to me, they're all about an hour in either direction each way.

First world problems i know, throwing my rattle out of the pram because i can't get the newest thing. But i can't just close the shop for 3+ hours to do this next friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

**** it. Ordered the Xs 64gb on Eir.

Will see what happens.

For those who ordered is your order showing up in your account page? I just logged in to double check and there’s nothing there. I got my order confirmation email and my account was charged but just curious.

This happened to me last year on the x...took a while, but it eventually showed up later that evening.

Watches are all showing 1 month + for dispatch, clearly the watch is the product everyone wants this year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

For those who ordered is your order showing up in your account page? I just logged in to double check and there’s nothing there. I got my order confirmation email and my account was charged but just curious.

I was having trouble viewing the orders but I can now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

eeloe wrote: »
    This happened to me last year on the x...took a while, but it eventually showed up later that evening.

Watches are all showing 1 month + for dispatch, clearly the watch is the product everyone wants this year!

Shipping on mine went from 24th back to 21st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Wasn't showing for me earlier, but I checked now and it is showing.

Advertisement