Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Special Event - September 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    For those who ordered is your order showing up in your account page? I just logged in to double check and there’s nothing there. I got my order confirmation email and my account was charged but just curious.

Think I’ve seen that happen people before in the past on pre-order day. Nothing to worry about if you have the email. Clicking on the blue link early on in the email with the order number on iOS might bring it up in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Did everyone's money get taken straight away?

Still nothing out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

it never does till just before it ships

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I paid with Apple Pay and mine was taken out, not immediately but about half an hour later. The Apple Pay notification didn’t show up until then either.

What they usually do is take the cash to make sure it’s there and then put it back. And once your device ships they take it again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Have Xs Max Silver and Gold 256 gb ordered with my Local Carphone Warehouse.
    They're able to gimme them, but Eir aren't.

I guess now we just have to hope and pray that they actually get them in stock next week :D

• Advertisement

Just went on to apple.ie to order my case.

Does anyone else notice the price drop in cases? the leather xs cases are much cheaper than the x cases from last year.

and the Xs Max cases are the same price!!!!

55euro for a max case here, and 55 pounds in the uk, for once, we get a bargain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

I ordered 2 watches.
    2 impending transactions of €1 which is normal for Apple. They will take the full amount on the day of dispatch give or take.

eeloe wrote: »

Does anyone else notice the price drop in cases? the leather xs cases are much cheaper than the x cases from last year.

55euro for a max case here, and 55 pounds in the uk, for once, we get a bargain.

They were always €55 from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I got a delivery date of October 3-10. I ordered around 10.30am this morning. XS Max

kceire wrote: »
    They were always €55 from memory.

i dunno why but 69euro sticks out....

• Advertisement

Just checked back, they were 59euro for the X case.

Strange that the Xs and Xs Max cases are the same price!

I remember there being a 5-10euro difference between the 7 and 7+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Just checked back, they were 59euro for the X case.

Strange that the Xs and Xs Max cases are the same price!

I remember there being a 5-10euro difference between the 7 and 7+

Definitely the plus was always a little more expensive. I’ve always purchased the Apple cover but after the using the Apple leather witht the X it just doesn’t offer any protection to the base and around the speakers and I’ve some scratches I won’t buying them again.

🌞6.00kWp⚡️3.00kWp South/East⚡️3.00kWp West

I bought the leather one for my 7.
    It tarnished (as leather does) but it wasn’t worth the money.
    I go through cases all the time and believe it or not, I’m using one from Wish on the X. Full protection but thin as hell.

i've still not bought anything from wish!

I LOVE the saddle brown apple cover, for like 10-12 weeks, then it just goes to ****e...and i have to buy another one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

i've still not bought anything from wish!

I LOVE the saddle brown apple cover, for like 10-12 weeks, then it just goes to ****e...and i have to buy another one!

Purchased a few of the knock-off Apple silicone cases from wish...only €4 a piece. still waiting on them though

Shn99 wrote: »
    Purchased a few of the knock-off Apple silicone cases from wish...only €4 a piece. still waiting on them though

Usually get everything from wish without 3 weeks. It’s not like the old AliExpress.

My most recent orders, a Nintendo switch carry case and 2 steering wheel things for the Mario cart game for my son came today after ordering on the 29th August.

They were previously €59.

Having the same price for the Max phones is a decent saving for those with the bigger model for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone seen Vodafone prices yet?

iPhone XS 64GB Space Grey - Apple.com order - is now preparing for dispatch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

dubmick wrote: »
    anyone seen Vodafone prices yet?

Yeah they are on their site, much same as last year XS starts AT 350 the max at 450. The site is not working well as usual... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looking at Vodafone now I can see the X is still available for a meagre 50 quid less than the XS.

Bloody hell. I remember when selling your two year old phone would cover your upgrade.

Dades wrote: »
    Looking at Vodafone now I can see the X is still available for a meagre 50 quid less than the XS.

Bloody hell. I remember when selling your two year old phone would cover your upgrade.
    It will in a years time if your selling an X upgrading to an 11, or at least you'd hope :D

My order page still doesn’t show my watch I ordered this morning. Really weird as the email is there and can search the order but never fixed itself after things settled down.

My order page still doesn’t show my watch I ordered this morning. Really weird as the email is there and can search the order but never fixed itself after things settled down.

When you click the blue order number starting with W on your email, does it open your order page? Or does it go anywhere at all?

Brings me to the website listing the order but underneath it has a blue ‘link now’ button for associating it with my account. Same as when I search it. Just found it strange that it never showed up, never had that happen in all the orders I’ve made on Apple’s website. Don’t want to link it in case it duplicates the order so I’ll wait and see.

Oh and my Watch is showing as ‘preparing for dispatch’ already, which is very early. Probably means they’re shipping from China instead of the UK like usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Brings me to the website listing the order but underneath it has a blue ‘link now’ button for associating it with my account. Same as when I search it. Just found it strange that it never showed up, never had that happen in all the orders I’ve made on Apple’s website. Don’t want to link it in case it duplicates the order so I’ll wait and see.

Oh and my Watch is showing as ‘preparing for dispatch’ already, which is very early. Probably means they’re shipping from China instead of the UK like usual.

If you’re concerned why don’t you just ring them? AIB rejected my initial payment presumably as an anti fraud measure. I was worried I’d lose my preorder so rang Apple and they had it sorted in 2 minutes. They said it’s not unusual for that to happen for such a large purchase as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Just noticing that there’s only a 1-2 week wait on most models here and in the US...... I wonder have apple reached peak price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

sean72 wrote: »
    I wonder have apple reached peak price!
    Too soon to confirm, but interesting to see how it goes.
    It does seem a little quieter this year (on these boards pages) than it did last year IMO, when the X launched.

• Advertisement

sean72 wrote: »
    Just noticing that there’s only a 1-2 week wait on most models here and in the US...... I wonder have apple reached peak price!
    Too soon to confirm, but interesting to see how it goes.
    It does seem a little quieter this year (on these boards pages) than it did last year IMO, when the X launched.

Last year the X was a completely new phone. Most that bought the X, won’t upgrade. This year is a mid cycle update so the chassis, shell etc are all available to Apple immediately.

There’s only so much more phones can do, go back to January/ February when the Galaxy’s s9 launched, there was no big deal either. It’s a yearly thing now and most of us are more informed nowadays and we know in advance nearly whether we’re upgrading or not.

Advertisement