Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Special Event - September 12th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This thread is becoming a pain in the face ID.

All smartphones have flaws. Lots of them are becoming too expensive to justify. But some people have more cash to splash on such things than others, and the rest of us are here to chat Apple products.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Perhaps the Android fanboys and the Android wannabees could wander off to the Android forum??

I, for one, couldn't give a toss if Android does this, that or the other over an Apple iPhone. I also couldn't care less if people are going to switch to an Android phone because they've got the hump over the price of the new iPhones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Dades wrote: »
    This thread is becoming a pain in the face ID.

Happens every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Blazer wrote: »
    God android fanboys are so defensive.
    Do you see the irony in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Perhaps the Android fanboys and the Android wannabees could wander off to the Android forum??

I, for one, couldn't give a toss if Android does this, that or the other over an Apple iPhone. I also couldn't care less if people are going to switch to an Android phone because they've got the hump over the price of the new iPhones.
    Relax. Clearly it does bother you.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yes but apples version is far more advanced.
    Lol even Samsung’s last phone could be unlocked with a picture of someone :)
    God android fanboys are so defensive.

I am not an Android fanboy, I have an X.

I am just saying, other phones had faceid long ago. Apple were not the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

awec wrote: »
    I am not an Android fanboy, I have an X.

I am just saying, other phones had faceid long ago. Apple were not the first.

FaceID or Facial recognition?? There's a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Mr Velo wrote: »
    FaceID or Facial recognition?? There's a huge difference.
    Clearly only apple has "FaceID" since they have it trademarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Stumping up for an XS Max. Feck it, having an 'only live once' moment. Great phone, and I haven't changed my iPhone in a couple years. Going to go for 64GB because i only use around 40GB on my devices so it'll make it a little less scaldy.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Yawnnnn

Touch ID-yet to see android implementation that works as good
    Face ID- 2 years ahead of all other companies

You obviously haven't used a Samsung S9. Miles faster than an iPhone X in both of the above scenarios.

Coming from someone who owns both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Doodah7 wrote: »

Don't be so childishly defensive.

People are free to weigh up the pros and cons of devices without the idiotic phrase of 'fanboy' being thrown about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Lets be honest here, Android phone are way more advanced in terms of technology. Note 9 would beat iPhone XS any day if we go by specs , design and features alone.

I own both - Apple have made a place in peoples lives with their eco-system that no other manufacturer is even close to at the moment. The software is cleaner and simple which many prefer. Also it has become a luxury brand when it comes to mobile phones.

Both have their Pros and Cons. Both are exceptional devices. However if we are looking value for money obviously you would want to give the iPhone a miss with their ridiculous pricing. Apples margin on their phones is huge but still its going sell well even at this price level.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,713 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dan786 wrote: »
    Lets be honest here, Android phone are way more advanced in terms of technology. Note 9 would beat iPhone XS any day if we go by specs , design and features alone.

I own both - Apple have made a place in peoples lives with their eco-system that no other manufacturer is even close to at the moment. The software is cleaner and simple which many prefer. Also it has become a luxury brand when it comes to mobile phones.

Both have their Pros and Cons. Both are exceptional devices. However if we are looking value for money obviously you would want to give the iPhone a miss with their ridiculous pricing. Apples margin on their phones is huge but still its going sell well even at this price level.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Andzmoore

Has anyone seen any good deals on IPhone X preferably new all I see is ridicouls retail prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

fifth wrote: »
    Stumping up for an XS Max. Feck it, having an 'only live once' moment. Great phone, and I haven't changed my iPhone in a couple years. Going to go for 64GB because i only use around 40GB on my devices so it'll make it a little less scaldy.
    I'm with ya. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Will apps for the XS Max have to be updated? Similar to the 6 Plus in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Will apps for the XS Max have to be updated? Similar to the 6 Plus in 2014.

Depends on the developers, those using some of the newer developer SDK features will have apps that will automatically scale to the bigger screen. They'll probably still update their apps so everything works perfectly as there could be still small UI issues that will show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

8:03

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Normally back up by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iPhone XS Space Grey 64GB ordered.

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »

how?

FourFourFM wrote: »

My Apple store app still says it’s down?

Kagawa wrote: »
    My Apple store app still says it’s down?

and the website

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

peteeeed wrote: »
    how?

Apple store app 8am it went up for preorder. Delivering Tuesday 25th

Kill the app from app switcher

Apple store app 8am it went up for preorder. Delivering Tuesday 25th

Kill the app from app switcher

nope its down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

i just pre-ordered through app

XS Max 64 gig silver, delivery 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

still waiting here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

i'm holding out for carriers....Eir...god damn it Eir...get your **** together.

Apple Watch series 4 silver aluminium ordered, delivers Monday 24th,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

peteeeed wrote: »
    how?

08:02am order time according to my email. Website went live for me very quick.

Advertisement