Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drew Harris appointed Garda commissioner.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Which organisation is he a member of?

He was in the ruc and had close links to the British security forces who committed some disgusting murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

pearcider wrote: »
    I know you're a troll but the IRA formed as a result of the policies of a violent and sectarian state. The vast majority down south supported them in their struggle against the orange lunatics. Lets not completely revise history to garner a few thanks on boards. The RUC and their ilk were also murderous bastards.

Oh dear, obviously written by somebody too young to remember the Troubles? The vast majority down south supported them - Lol - sure they did, as the IRA threatened to bring down civil war on the whole populace down here and routinely shot members of our police force, kidnapped people and ran kangaroo courts. A wonderful bunch altogether. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Aegir wrote: »
    Wow, have you told the highly paid and highly trained people that run state security to tell them this piece of shocking news? I’m sure they had absolutely no idea about this.

If I were you I wouldn't blindly trust an undistinguished politician, guided by the DoJ, in lieu of any actual argument debunking my points.

Other politicians, state departments and bodies have come up catastrophically short in their core functions in recent history, unless you've forgotten how the government, central bank and financial regulator were asleep at the wheel in the first decade of this century?

Anyway as I alluded to in my earlier point I suspect that this may be part of a broader strategy involving hiving off national security from An Garda. Such an approach would be in line with international best practice and has been advised by Conor Brady, formerly of GSOC and the commission on future policing, among others.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Oh dear, obviously written by somebody too young to remember the Troubles? The vast majority down south supported them - Lol - sure they did, as the IRA threatened to bring down civil war on the whole populace down here and routinely shot members of our police force, kidnapped people and ran kangaroo courts. A wonderful bunch altogether. :rolleyes:

But the whole country celebrated them in 2016! Do you not remember all the parades?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

RIGHT SO. No evidence just an extreme nationalist who would like to do to Britian what you claim Drew Harris want to do to us.

• Advertisement

RIGHT SO. No evidence just an extreme nationalist who would like to do to Britian what you claim Drew Harris want to do to us.

:D That statement looks more like he's an extreme partitionist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Do Shinnerbots actually experience the tide of history moving against them as a physical sensation I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You have no proof of that whatsoever. Anyway the destruction of law and order I think that is being achieved by our current Force as we speak. They certainly do not seem to have any loyalty to our citizens, just themselves.

I will give Drew Harris the five years and we shall see. It certainly cannot be any worse than the omnishambles and corruption/nepotism that has already gone on in the Force already surely. Time for a cleanout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    :D That statement looks more like he's an extreme partitionist!!

Had to google that

• Advertisement

:D Hard to explain all our presidents and politicians who were born in the north!

Had to google that

Google what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Google what?

extreme partitionist

But no not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,512 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You have no proof of that whatsoever. Anyway the destruction of law and order I think that is being achieved by our current Force as we speak. They certainly do not seem to have any loyalty to our citizens, just themselves.

I will give Drew Harris the five years and we shall see. It certainly cannot be any worse than the omnishambles and corruption/nepotism that has already gone on in the Force already surely. Time for a cleanout.

He only wants two years. His real ambition is to be Chief Constable of the PSNI, and to be eligible he has to serve at least two years in a senior role in another force. Normally that would be on the GB mainland but the Garda position will probably be good to satisfy the criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He was in the ruc and had close links to the British security forces who committed some disgusting murders.

2 very important words there!

Any evidence that he was involved in any shady business?

Also you seem to have forgotten your condemnation of murders by republican paramilitaries of innocent people. Any chance of that in your next reply please?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

There's a lot of people saying that this in preparation for a united Ireland. Interesting video on Newsnight stating that post-Brexit communication about such an event are already taking place. Some senior unionist figures are even changing their minds.

So no Irish people existed 100 years ago?

2 very important words there!

Any evidence that he was involved in any shady business?

Also you seem to have forgotten your condemnation of murders by republican paramilitaries of innocent people. Any chance of that in your next reply please?

Any evidence that Gerry Adams was in the IRA?

I condemn all murders from anyone, the IRA, British army, SinnFéin whoever! I already said that I was against murderers pages ago!

We need justice for all the victims, appointing a former ruc man won't help open up the case for the families of the Dublin and Monaghan bombings for example.

Any evidence that Gerry Adams was in the IRA?

I condemn all murders from anyone, the IRA, British army, SinnFéin whoever! I already said that I was against murderers pages ago!

We need justice for all the victims, appointing a former ruc man won't help open up the case for the families of the Dublin and Monaghan bombings for example.

And you know this how?

• Advertisement

And you know this how?

Well as he had close links to mi5, I highly doubt he will as it would seriously expose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He only wants two years. His real ambition is to be Chief Constable of the PSNI, and to be eligible he has to serve at least two years in a senior role in another force. Normally that would be on the GB mainland but the Garda position will probably be good to satisfy the criteria.

Any links to that? I think he already has two years in Scotland's police force so he has that anyway.

I'm sure his contract precludes any payoff or pensions contributions if he leaves before his tenure/contract is up.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    There's a lot of people saying that this in preparation for a united Ireland. Interesting video on Newsnight stating that post-Brexit communication about such an event are already taking place. Some senior unionist figures are even changing their minds.

Well, I watched that and the only really bit of sense was spoken by Seamus Mallon - make haste slowly! All the old bull showing a handful of Prods doing Irish dancing gives me the heebie-jeebies and is truly cringeworthy.

Well as he had close links to mi5, I highly doubt he will as it would seriously expose them.

So we have another scurrilous accusation without a single shred of evidence to back up claims?

Well colour me surprised :rolleyes:

So we have another scurrilous accusation without a single shred of evidence to back up claims?

Well colour me surprised :rolleyes:

You can look up the case if you want. You won't find the files though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

6541 wrote: »

Being against the culture of turning a blind eye, brown envelopes, dropping into the Gardai relation to get something dropped, sure must be a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Well, I watched that and the only really bit of sense was spoken by Seamus Mallon - make haste slowly! All the old bull showing a handful of Prods doing Irish dancing gives me the heebie-jeebies and is truly cringeworthy.

I'd suggest moving into this century then. Their religion is inconsequential.

You can look up the case if you want. You won't find the files though!

You made the claim so the onus is on you to back up your claim with evidence or retract the claim.

You made the claim so the onus is on you to back up your claim with evidence or retract the claim.

Where are we? In court? I don't have to do anything and the files have been long destroyed.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    [/B]

I'd suggest moving into this century then. They're religion is inconsequential.

Why would it be highlighted in the piece if it's inconsequential? As regards moving into this century - no thanks - hell will freeze over before I embrace the Irish language/the GAA/SF etc. Thanks for the advice though.

Advertisement