Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drew Harris appointed Garda commissioner.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Allinall

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd rather have someone from our terrorists than someone from their terrorists.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

As I mentioned repeatedly on here my uncle set up the civil rights movement in NI and became a member of the SDLP. He was involved in RUC reform and says Drew has the same view of the RUC as many here. That is terrorist colluding sociopaths. It's worth noting that Drew said this of the police force:
    One of the region’s most senior officers, Deputy Chief Constable Drew Harris, said he was optimistic that if political and civic society worked with the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI), representation levels of Catholics at recruitment could reach 50 per cent within five years.

In other words he made a big effort to remove the bigotry of the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    The new Garda commissioner wasn't in the IRA! If he was then you'd raise a valid point but no, he was in the RUC who have a disgusting record of murder and violence.

And has been pointed out to you MANY Sinn fein members are also part of an organisation that have the same/worse decor. Where is your thread on them?

I mean one day they might get into power (snigger) and one of them may become minister for justice (snigger, snigger) so surely that are just as dangerous to the country right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I hope he’s like that Inspector Campbell character from PeakyBlinders.

I'd rather have someone from our terrorists than someone from their terrorists.

At least you're finally admitting that the IRA were terrorists ;)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

And has been pointed out to you MANY Sinn fein members are also part of an organisation that have the same/worse decor. Where is your thread on them?

I mean one day they might get into power (snigger) and one of them may become minister for justice (snigger, snigger) so surely that are just as dangerous to the country right?

What the hell is this? I don't support Sinn Féin, the IRA anyone. The murdered a load of people. What has that got to do with the ruc and the British security forces murdering innocents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Between this, the Price Harry visit and the hot weather, the Shinnerbots are going into meltdown.

What the hell is this? I don't support Sinn Féin, the IRA anyone. The murdered a load of people. What has that got to do with the ruc and the British security forces murdering innocents?

About as much to do with the thread as your own droning whines that you seem to think are coherent, RUC this British security forces that :rolleyes:

Let the man do his job and let's see what happens and stop seeing black and tans under your bed.

About as much to do with the thread as your own droning whines that you seem to think are coherent, RUC this British security forces that :rolleyes:

Let the man do his job and let's see what happens and stop seeing black and tans under your bed.

If it was a former IRA member appointed as Garda commissioner would you say the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The words pigeons, cats, cans, worms and.. ehh.. popcorn, spring to mind.
    This will be interesting on so many fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Between this, the Price Harry visit and the hot weather, the Shinnerbots are going into meltdown.

I'd say they welcome it. No point anymore doing otherwise really, they are trying to attract the "middle class vote" in ROI. This is the way to do it. All inclusive, we are wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Del.Monte wrote: »
    What matters of State security do you imagine he will be passing on to MI5 - everybody knows the Nuclear fallout bunker is under the Costume Barracks in Athlone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custume_Barracks Do we have any other secrets that might be useful to a 'foreign' power - the very one we would turn if we were threatened by terrorists/Russia etc.

I cannot tell if you are being flippant to chase thanks, or genuinely cannot understand how giving top level access to state secrets to a foreign police officer with strong ties to foreign intelligence services is a bad idea.

Does any other genuinely independent country in the world have it's national police force headed by such a person?

Britain is one of our closest friends now, but sadly it has not always been and it may not always be in future. A robust and reasonable approach to national Security would not expose our state secrets to the vagaries of future events in this manner.

If it was a former IRA member appointed as Garda commissioner would you say the same?

Wouldn't give a tiny shiney sh/te to be honest but then I believe in moving forward and not living in the past wringing my hands.

Wouldn't give a tiny shiney sh/te to be honest but then I believe in moving forward and not living in the past wringing my hands.

:D You've just spent the last page going on about the shinners and the IRA! The murder of innocents doesn't sit well with some of us.

:D You've just spent the last page going on about the shinners and the IRA! The murder of innocents doesn't sit well with some of us.

Pointing out your hypocrisy old bean.

You have people who ACTUALLY murdered others in one party and not a peep from you.

You have a man who has taken on a job and you are pretty much apoplectic over it as he has "ties" to an organisation that did stuff :rolleyes:

"Murder of innocents " only seems to get you riled up when it's the "wrong person" doing the murdering?

Anyway, good luck to the man, hopefully he cleans up the mess that is AGS

There's moving forward and there's allowing someone who would rather destroy the country and everyone in it run the police force. It's absolute madness.

Evidence for this idiotic claim please?

Pointing out your hypocrisy old bean.

You have people who ACTUALLY murdered others in one party and not a peep from you.

You have a man who has taken on a job and you are pretty much apoplectic over it as he has "ties" to an organisation that did stuff :rolleyes:

"Murder of innocents " only seems to get you riled up when it's the "wrong person" doing the murdering?

Anyway, good luck to the man, hopefully he cleans up the mess that is AGS

Read this again:

The only hypocrite here is you! You are unable to condemn to murderous ruc and British security forces!

• Advertisement

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I cannot tell if you are being flippant to chase thanks, or genuinely cannot understand how giving top level access to state secrets to a foreign police officer with strong ties to foreign intelligence services is a bad idea.

Does any other genuinely independent country in the world have it's national police force headed by such a person?

Britain is one of our closest friends now, but sadly it has not always been and it may not always be in future. A robust and reasonable approach to national Security would not expose our state secrets to the vagaries of future events in this manner.

Wow, have you told the highly paid and highly trained people that run state security to tell them this piece of shocking news? I’m sure they had absolutely no idea about this.

He's a northern loyalist.

You said
    would rather destroy the country and everyone in it

Please post your evidence to back up this idiotic claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Again some evidence

This is not evidence just rambling of a tinfoil hat conspiracy.

Since he has been deputy commissioner of the PSNI what has he done to the Irish

Read this again:

The only hypocrite here is you! You are unable to condemn to murderous ruc and British security forces!

I condemn all murders of innocent people by all and any forces including the British security forces and the RUC.

See, wasn't hard at all;)

One wonders would you be willing to do the same about republican paramilitaries and the murders they committed?

He's a northern loyalist.

So no evidence at all that he feels this way just you're assertations that he is A so he must want B :rolleyes:

As I said, idiotic post and an idiotic claim.

I condemn all murders of innocent people by all and any forces including the British security forces and the RUC.

See, wasn't hard at all;)

One wonders would you be willing to do the same about republican paramilitaries and the murders they committed?

Read the post I just copied for you!

So what's the problem then? If we're all against murder then surely we should all be critical of our Garda commissioner being a member of a murderous organisation?

Read the post I just copied for you!

So what's the problem then? If we're all against murder then surely we should all be critical of our Garda commissioner being a member of a murderous organisation?

Which organisation is he a member of?

Also, you still haven't condemned the murders committed by republicans duringbthe troubles. Care to pop that down in writing for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,528 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Normal service is gradually being resumed. Having women in all the top jobs in the law and order system did not work out well.

Advertisement