Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drew Harris appointed Garda commissioner.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Taytoland wrote: »
    It's a freemason plot I fear.

Let's not forget the civilians killed by the RUC also.
    Or the great Garda officers slaughtered by IRA scum. He will get on very  well with the Garda.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Or the great Garda officers slaughtered by IRA scum. He will get on very  well with the Garda.

The innocents slaughtered by the RUC and the British security forces were not in the IRA!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Bottom line for me is, will he change the mindset in AGS, will he get cops out patrolling the streets and protecting us, will he tackle organised crime and dissos, will he be able to sack corrupt Gardai, and will he have the support and the budget to do all this?

I hope he has cojones the size of melons for this task. Fair play to him for applying, and being selected. He knows he can do it, I hope he succeeds.

Shredders to the metal in Headquarters tonight. Although I'd say most of the Senior ranks had an idea anyway. They know everything of course, but seem to do very little with a lot of information they have really. Thinking of crash and burn robberies from our ethnic friends and so much more. Reactive rather than proactive. CCTV shows someone being beaten up and murdered, and they arrive post event. I know they cannot be everywhere, you'd want to be a right numpty to think that, but there are no patrols anywhere! Hope that changes quickly.

Charlie Flanagan needs to keep a weather eye on this for sure just in case there are any more backdoor shenanigans.

I know they cannot be everywhere, you'd want to be a right numpty to think that, but there are no patrols anywhere! Hope that changes quickly.

you don't see too many patrols of PSNI out in Northern Ireland either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

The innocents slaughtered by the RUC and the British security forces were not in the IRA!

Stop living in the past. Both could play this game all day. He's now the main man, get used to it.

• Advertisement

Stop living in the past. Both could play this game all day. He's now the main man, get used to it.

Play what game? This man was apart of an organisation who killed innocents and he was heavily linked with an organisation who shot dead innocents on our streets. Why are you okay with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bubblypop wrote: »
    you don't see too many patrols of PSNI out in Northern Ireland either

I don't see them! Of course I don't, I live in the South.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Maybe Belfast or the likes are paragons of virtue and they don't need patrols anymore, but sure as heck city centre of Dublin does. I witnessed two incidents in the past week that were terrifying, but no police presence for the forty five minutes I was trapped in the shop before being released when the boys and girls in blue eventually turned up, someone could have been killed it was awful. Jaysus that's not right, neither am I after it either.

Anyway just to say, we are talking about the South here. He will get the message I hope that cops are just not patrolling anymore at all, well at least in Dublin. Disgraceful in a capital city. But I blame the Supers, they are the managers, but the tail seems to wag the dog, or maybe it is just precedent. I dunno.

There does not have to be a blanket police presence, but SOME presence would be reassuring. It is so obvious by its absence and I don't know why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

pearcider wrote: »
    The vast majority down south supported them in their struggle against the orange lunatics.

No doubt that's why SF were pulling in vote percentages well into the single digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

so after a worldwide search of the worlds police forces this is the best they could appoint?

absolute joke

Explain please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Odhinn wrote: »
    ….the PSNI, formerly the RUC, notoriously secretive and a law unto themselves. He'll fit right in.

You wouldn't know any other police force in that mold, would you?
    The RUC were utter scum as well, or had you forgotten that.

All of them? Or, like OP, do you mean simply that they were all Protestants?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Play what game? This man was apart of an organisation who killed innocents and he was heavily linked with an organisation who shot dead innocents on our streets. Why are you okay with that?

So is every single Sinn Fein party member.

how many senior party members have blood on their hands or do you only apply your standards to the other side ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

No doubt that's why SF were pulling in vote percentages well into the single digits.

SF were to all intents and purposes defunct in the Republic since 1926. They then became FF who spent far longer in power than the blue shirts. The current SF from 1970 are really a Northern Ireland party and far too left wing for the south hence the low poll numbers. But hey don't let a bit of history get in the way of your sarcastic trolling.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So is every single Sinn Fein party member.

how many senior party members have blood on their hands or do you only apply your standards to the other side ?

What Sinn Fein member has just been appointed Garda commissioner? Why are people here excusing murder?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD the man's religion has nothing to do with his ability to do his job so I have removed it from the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Hope he takes some of that RUC murderous justice to the gang feuds that are going on across Dublin.

Feckin protestants..coming down here, taking our jobs..

Sheeps wrote: »
    Hope he takes some of that RUC murderous justice to the gang feuds that are going on across Dublin.

The ruc killed many innocents!

What Sinn Fein member has just been appointed Garda commissioner? Why are people here excusing murder?

Plenty of them in the dail and in councils nationwide,

im not excusing murders but treat them both the same why dont you ?

Martin McGuinness was deputy first minister and a presidential candidate and most certainly was involved in murders

Adams sat in the dail and ditto as well as many many more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Ah Jaysus lads he's a nordie so what, he has done a good job in an infinitely harder environment, and really could anyone be worse than the last few ones.

The ruc killed many innocents!

shinnerbot gona overheat in the weather lol

• Advertisement

Plenty of them in the dail and in councils nationwide,

im not excusing murders but treat them both the same why dont you ?

Martin McGuinness was deputy first minister and a presidential candidate and most certainly was involved in murders

Adams sat in the dail and ditto as well as many many more

Who said different? This is a thread on the new Garda commissioner, what has that got to with Sinn Féin?

Are you okay with the new Garda commissioner having been a member of and had links to groups who murdered innocents?

Do you have to be a shinner to be against the murder of innocent Irish people????

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Glad it's not an internal appointment. There's some serious issues of corruption in the Gardai and someone external is needed to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Formerly of the RUC and has close links to British Intelligence. Nope, I'm not comfortable nor happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well in fairness he's not wrong. It's nothing to do with Sinn Fein. It's the fact that the RUC were engaged in multiple counts of terrorist collusion as established by multiple investigations. David Cameron issued an apology over RUC terrorist collusion so by your logic he must be an udercover IRA man too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And the innocents slaughtered by the IRA were not in the RUC or British security forces.

Honestly who really gives a fvck about his religion, give him a year and let's see if he does a good job or not.

And the innocents slaughtered by the IRA were not in the RUC or British security forces.

Honestly who really gives a fvck about his religion, give him a year and let's see if he does a good job or not.

The new Garda commissioner wasn't in the IRA! If he was then you'd raise a valid point but no, he was in the RUC who have a disgusting record of murder and violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Feckin protestants..coming down here, taking our jobs..

As long as he's not drinking our beer or shagging our women he'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement