Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican stand off at RTE Primetime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,270 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you’re prolife you’re a troglodyte? Sums up the yes campaign in the last desperate week pretty much.
    Think about it....being pro life is something to be ashamed and embarrassed off.
    I wish all the undecided voters could see this.
    Everyone is pro life. I'm voting yes, and I don't want people to have abortions unless they really need one. The difference between me and you is that I acknowledge that there are lots of situations where abortions are necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Akrasia wrote: »
    The 'state of the country' has nothing to do with the 8th amendment. Pro life campaigners can still push for services that they think will reduce abortions with or without the 8th amendment

It has everything to do with abortion. The proper structures aren't in place we heard that from both sides last night.
    The HSE is a money pit neither Leo or Harris have tackled it. Was it 1.1 billion paid out in court cases under Fina Gael, I'm sure a proper functioning Health service could put that money to better use.
    The current contraversy is going to cost a fortune again it happened under Leo and Harris and were meant to believe neither of them even heard a whisper about it, pull the other one.

The plot thickens

From Cora

"Sherlock released a statement through her brother Leo's website The Liberal, saying "At no stage did I pull out of this debate. There's been a lot of noise today, but please don't worry about headlines."

Something we haven't been told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The plot thickens

From Cora

"Sherlock released a statement through her brother Leo's website The Liberal, saying "At no stage did I pull out of this debate. There's been a lot of noise today, but please don't worry about headlines."

Or deliberately muddying the waters?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Akrasia wrote: »
    Everyone is pro life.

The same way that everyone is pro choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

I will be voting no , because it's not right to end a life, only in the event the mothers life was in danger .we have a allowance for that already .Yes we have lost a few mothers to mistakes but we have saved so many babies lives with the system we have .
    Rape cases don't have to wait 10 , 12 0r 20 weeks to terminate .
    Your raped today , take the morning after pill this evening .
    What's the big issue .the deed is done .
    There is many a downs child loved up and down the country .If it was normal to abort , we would not have their presents .
    Is it a perfect race that is been sought here ? Is it a reduced maintenance bill the government want on long term health care ?
    I believe we should have a little more reflection in our lives , on why are we here ? We should be glad of the hand that we are dealt and deal with it .life is about challenges and how we cope .
    How many children have been born to young people who's parents flipped it when they heard the news ? Some babies were aborted , some were not .If you asked the survivors to give their little ones back , it won't happen , why because they are loved by all , and it wasn't as bad as people made out .
    People will read this post who have aborted or who are thinking of aborting and who did not abort .why not let that baby grow , adopt out , there are so many wanting children that can nt have .
    I will vote no and at this point it doesn't matter to me if the yes side win , because all I can do is the right thing , lead my life as best I can , harm no one and Let all life grow .
    I am not any set religion but am a believer in the right to live .

Or deliberately muddying the waters?

Or there just leaving Maria undesputed heavy weight champion of the Abortion debate.
    Neither last night were as impressive or passionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

kerry cow wrote: »
    Kerry Troll more like. Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Well has Cora surfaced yet?

Something we won't be told either the truth. Cora banged on for months for Harris to debate her he agrees and in the last few hours before hand she pulls out. Maybe it's the cynic in me bit I think it was a very poor attempt at substituting Maria for Cora. RTE was right not to allow that kind of b.s.. but of course the spin has already started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,116 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Cora said she didn't pull out but then doesn't explain what happened. There's speculation that their polls are showing the No side losing so hence they are panicking.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Something we won't be told either the truth. Cora banged on for months for Harris to debate her he agrees and in the last few hours before hand she pulls out. Maybe it's the cynic in me bit I think it was a very poor attempt at substituting Maria for Cora. RTE was right not to allow that kind of b.s.. but of course the spin has already started.

I'd think the same but the Cynic in me says Harris would have never agreed to go on the show if Maria was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sherlock didn’t pull out she was told to stay out, a fractious no campaign is in action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The plot thickens

From Cora

Ah, the Liberal… the last bastion of true journalism left in this country. Hopefully Cora wins one of Leo's imaginary facebook competitions, she could do with a lift today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The plot thickens

From Cora

So Maria Sheen trying to get on instead didn't happen and I suppose Maria Sheen didn't pull out of the Pat Kenny debate and TV3 last night just made it up.

I didn't realise who Cora Sherlocks brother was. That tells me all I need to know about her and this new development.

I'd think the same but the Cynic in me says Harris would have never agreed to go on the show if Maria was there.

You could be right but Harris showed up Cora didn't. Major screw up and according to the Indo yesterday Maria has pulled out of tonight's TV3 debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,116 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

lertsnim wrote:
    I didn't realise who Cora Sherlocks brother was. That tells me all I need to know about her and this new development.

The Sherlock family are one odd family, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

kerry cow wrote: »

Kerrycow you have incorrect information about how the morning after pill works, it delays ovulation, if you've already ovulated or the process has started then it wont work.

I hope your reason for voting No is based on more solid facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I love the no side spinning that them shafting Cora is somehow RTEs fault!

Cora got dumped tried to get Maria on but RTE said no. Now Maria wont go on Pat Kenny!!!

Mutiny on the bounty!

You could be right but Harris showed up Cora didn't. Major screw up and according to the Indo yesterday Maria has pulled out of tonight's TV3 debate.

I'd say it was never the intention to have Cora there, only way they could get Harris on the show was to promise no Maria.

Not surprised at her pulling out of Pat Kenny show after the run in with him last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I'd say it was never the intention to have Cora there, only way they could get Harris on the show was to promise no Maria.

Not surprised at her pulling out of Pat Kenny show after the run in with him last week.

So Cora was bait? Pat Kenny pulled her weak argument apart alright. Pat is shrewd

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cora said she didn't pull out but then doesn't explain what happened. There's speculation that their polls are showing the No side losing so hence they are panicking.

Could they legally challenge the result if Yes win based on media bias? Could that be the endgame on this one?

Sherlock sought the debate with Harris he agreed, it's not him or RTE looking like Muppets. The spin ain't working.

Try_harder wrote: »
    So Cora was bait? Pat Kenny pulled her weak argument apart alright. Pat is shrewd

That's not a fair debate then is it. Pat Kenny should be the host not pushing his own narrative to force an outcome. That's a stitch up.

Yea I think Cora was bait as RTE would not allow the No side representative to represent the No side.

I thought Maria was the No sides star performer? Jaysus if Kenny can tear her nonsense apart no wonder she pulled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

pc7 wrote: »
    Could they legally challenge the result if Yes win based on media bias? Could that be the endgame on this one?

How could they? RTÉ cut down on the amount of contributors on the pro side when Cora Sherlock withdrew from the debate (pulled out just seems so wrong in this discussion) so they did their best to keep the show balanced. Is it the fault of RTÉ that the no side didn't have faith in one of their leading campaigners and should they capitulate to any side when they demand to make last minute changes to try and throw the cat amongst the pigeons?

pc7 wrote:

What media bias? The media has tip toed around the No campaign. Never called out on their b.s.. Although the factcheck at the end of debates has lessened the lies to an extent.

pc7 wrote: »

Bingo, it nearly happened in the presedential election. RTE have been proven to be biased. The she appeared last week argument doesn't wash as they gave Boylan a second crack at it on the Late Late show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What media bias? The media has tip toed around the No campaign. Never called out on their b.s.. Although the factcheck at the end of debates has lessened the lies to an extent.

No, I don't believe they've shown bias, I just wondered could this be what the no side are up too and would they have any case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,097 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The plot thickens

From Cora

If Leo is involved I'd say it's more a case of 'the thick plottens'...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement