Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican stand off at RTE Primetime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The no side wiped the floor with them the last time

RTE won't let that happen again

Impartiality? Absolute joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

*clapping*

RTE won't let that happen again

*clapping and whooping*

Impartiality? Absolute joke

*clapping and orgasmic moans*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

RTE refusing to let Maria Steen on after all No groups nominate her to speak.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/abortion-referendum/mexican-standoff-between-rt-and-speakers-just-hours-ahead-of-final-televised-referendum-debate-36935170.html

My money says Harris won't allow it.

You either don't know the full facts or are deliberately trying to mislead people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I can't wait until next week when it will all be over i can't take much more of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Happy4all wrote: »
    You either don't know the full facts or are deliberately trying to mislead people.

What? We know RTE won't let the No side be represented by who the No side want.

That's not RTE it's Harris he wouldn't have went on knowing Maria was going to be there. She'd eat him for breakfast and well he knows it.

It's funny, yes side have scored an own goal before it even starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

verycool wrote: »
    *clapping*

*clapping and whooping*

*clapping and orgasmic moans*

Both sides were at that

Roll on Saturday when it’s done. Such an important issue that’s been turned into a slagging match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Happy4all wrote: »

Im intrigued,what are the full facts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

If you mean those that engaged in shouting, whooping and hollering won the debate, then yep the No side won. Told lots of lies bit once they won right?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The No side candidate refused to go on at the last minute, your issue is with them, not RTE, but sure what do you care about facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I'm a No voter, but I think Harris might do well in a debate against whoever

• Advertisement

The No side candidate refused to go on at the last minute, your issue is with them, not RTE, but sure what do you care about facts?

What? sorry but im just coming to this but what does that mean in relation to tonight's debate? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

If she's the one nominated then put her on, what are they afraid of?

If she's the one nominated then put her on, what are they afraid of?

afaik she wasn't, they nominated Sherlock and want to make last minute substitution

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mutant z wrote: »
    I can't wait until next week when it will all be over i can't take much more of this.

I've wondering will there be some scrappage scheme for all the Repeal clothing and the Yes and No badges.

afaik she wasn't, they nominated Sherlock and want to make last minute substitution

But what is the problem if they do?

Cora Sherlock agreed last Thursday to debate on tonight's programme, she pulled out a few hours ago. RTE is claiming they will not let Maria Steen on as she was on the CB show last week for a debate. RTE has also taken issue with either side dictating their line up.

Not sure how you have worked that out? It's RTE that is taking issue not the Repeal groups.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Not sure how you have worked that out? It's RTE that is taking issue not the Repeal groups.

Because not allowing her on when she's backed by all the No groups is biased. If RTE are impartial they shouldn't have a problem and be glad of getting a good speaker at late notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/abortion-referendum/mexican-standoff-between-rt-and-speakers-just-hours-ahead-of-final-televised-referendum-debate-36935170.html

My money says Harris won't allow it.

Lol at that Sherlock one pulling out after accusing Harris of hiding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

lawred2 wrote: »

Yep she called him out personally about hiding. He agreed to debate with her, suddenly she is running away.

• Advertisement

Again how does it reflect badly on the Repeal groups. The issue is with RTE. As in when Google banned all ads from both sides it was Google who made the decision , neither campaigning group was responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Regardless of Sherlock's position, how can RTE decide who represents who?

Fann Linn wrote: »

+1 Sherlock may look a fool for running away if she called him out, but Steen is their nominated rep

Fann Linn wrote:

They are saying they do not agree with either side dictating their line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

But RTE should be there to facilitate, not dictate.

Again how does it select badly on the Repeal groups. The issue is with RTE. As in when Google banned all ads from both sides it was Google who made the decision , neither campaigning group was responsible.

RTE are saying she had a go last week so she can't this week but they gave Boylan a second shot on the late late show.
    There being biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Maria Steen is not everyone's cup of tea. Frankly she was somewhat unwatchable last time, so I wouldn't blame RTE. They want people to watch, not throw the TV out the window!

Well if RTE can dictate the line up then it sounds like RTE are playing politics?

Wouldn't be unknown... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What? We know RTE won't let the No side be represented by who the No side want.

That's not RTE it's Harris he wouldn't have went on knowing Maria was going to be there. She'd eat him for breakfast and well he knows it.

She's been given plenty of debate time, it's only right that there's a different panel.

The obvious reason is that the No side have no confidence in Sherlock as she's been crying out for debate with Harris up until this point.

Neither side have a right to say who goes on our TV, and you're big eejits if you think it's a conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

lawred2 wrote: »

LOL at pulling out references, if that was done there'd be no need for the refendum

I joke I joke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement