Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican stand off at RTE Primetime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,116 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Toibin would force a raped woman to continue her pregnancy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Maria Steen was due to appear on the Pat Kenny debate tomorrow night on TV3. But it appears she has pulled out of that as well.

The No side imploding.

I guess that will be blamed on the Yes side too. It would not surprise me if it was a planned stunt by the No campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Fairly respectful from all so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

It's confirmed that Maria Steen has pulled out of Pat Kenny debate tomorrow. So there must be something going on in the No camp. Imploding with days to go before the vote.

If they lose the referendum they will claim they were silenced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Is it worth switching on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Pegmatite wrote: »
    How so?
    Last week Claire Byrne let Maria Steen and others, shout down and drown out Yes supporters on her show.

Some examples to back up your claim would be great.

What did you think of the LLS debate from a few weeks back? The discussions around the referendum on Brendan O' Connors show had a similar vibe. I'd also put forward McCullough on the show tonight. I get that these people have their own opinions on the matter but they need to be pros and act with impartiality. Monday night was a utter mess for both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Ally Dick wrote: »
    RTE is clearly pro choice. After the disaster of the Claire Byrne show, they're going to make sure that Yes wins tonight

I don’t think they are showing bias. It’s just the type of people that support and argue for NO vote aren’t normal. It has been shown time and again. Last weeks debate was a prime example when their behaviour was sub human. As for that Iona institute lot......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Toibin would force a raped woman to continue her pregnancy.

It's not the child's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not the woman's either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

RTE is clearly pro choice. After the disaster of the Claire Byrne show, they're going to make sure that Yes wins tonight

Can you back up your claim that RTE is pro choice please. Can you provide some examples please.

• Advertisement

And it’s none of your business

lawred2 wrote: »
    Not the woman's either

But we all know where this is heading if you introduce abortion on demand up to 12 weeks

Ally Dick wrote:

This attitude is just harsh and cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Was their noise from the audience there?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Two men debating abortion. What a fcuk up from the state broadcaster.

The women pulled out to be fair to them.

Berserker wrote: »
    What did you think of the LLS debate from a few weeks back? The discussions around the referendum on Brendan O' Connors show had a similar vibe.

Its not what I think, you think there is a bias. I havent seen those debates. Can you explain why you think the debates where biased. What happened to make you belive there was a bias? Some examples would be great thanks.

Can you back up your claim that RTE is pro choice please. Can you provide some examples please.

Three words - Phillip Boucher Hayes

Berserker wrote: »
    There has been a pretty clear bias in favour of the Yes side in the media and RTE, in particular and that's coming from someone who would be a Yes voter.

this statement presumes that the sides have an equal justification and quality of logical argument

this not being the case, what you seem to be asking for is for facilitating media platforms to ensure an equal result

frankly the media has done all it can to keep this ugly farce a contest by refusing to fact-check, by refusing to investigate the disgraceful behaviour online, on the streets and in the printed lies of much of the hardcore no side, by refusing to investigate and report on the funding of the no side, and by refusing to moderate the last debate to any decent standard

But we all know where this is heading if you introduce abortion on demand up to 12 weeks

Heading where? The no side are the same people that said society would break down if marriage equality was allowed.

With a yes vote it gives women a choice, that mean they don’t have to have an abortion if they don’t want to. Do you find the concept difficult to understand?

This attitude is just harsh and cruel.

Abortion is extremely harsh and cruel

• Advertisement

garhjw wrote: »
    Heading where? The no side are the same people that said society would break down if marriage equality was allowed.

With a yes vote it gives women a choice, that mean they don’t have to have an abortion if they don’t want to. Do you find the concept difficult to understand?

I was all for marriage equality. Nobody was hurt by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There's always a correct reason

So it's on demand

Cora and the No side teased Harris about debating the issue and then doesn't show up for the debate.

Sorry, I need more then that. What has Hayes done to show bias?
    Has anyone else in RTE shown bias?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah stop talking ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The same PBH who had one of the best series of interviews with people from both sides of the debate over the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Rte bias showing yet again. Clearly pushing their No agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Harris- 'I love answering questions'.

Well Mr. Harris ye were very slow in answering questions in relation to the cervical cancer scandal.

Its not what I think, you think there is a bias. I havent seen those debates. Can you explain why you think the debates where biased. What happened to make you belive there was a bias? Some examples would be great thanks.

Well, if you watch them, you see it pretty clearly. I'd suggest that you detach yourself from the emotional aspect of the debate. Lots of Irish people seem to struggle with this.

• Advertisement

Rte bias showing yet again. Clearly pushing their No agenda

Berserker wrote:
    Well, if you watch them, you see it pretty clearly. I'd suggest that you detach yourself from the emotional aspect of the debate. Lots of Irish people seem to struggle with this.

Or is it that one side is winning the argument?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement