Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican stand off at RTE Primetime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I'll have to watch this match.
    Kickoff in 10 minutes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hurrache wrote: »
    She's been given plenty of debate time, it's only right that there's a different panel.

The obvious reason is that the No side have no confidence in Sherlock as she's been crying out for debate with Harris up until this point.

Neither side have a right to say who goes on our TV, and you're big eejits if you think it's a conspiracy.

If she's the agreed candidate for the No side what is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If she's the agreed candidate for the No side what is the problem.

Who, Sherlock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

RTE have no obligation to make a "star" out of robots like Maria Steen who have been groomed and media trained from birth for this job.

Harris agreed to debate Sherlock, RTE agreed to host it. Sherlock realised she'd be eaten alive and did a legger, boo hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Mutant z wrote: »
    I can't wait until next week when it will all be over i can't take much more of this.

Agree with you 100%. I'm out of the country from Friday to Sunday morning and I'm delighted. Have it in my head that it'll all be over by the time I come back but I'm probably wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's funny, yes side have scored an own goal before it even starts.

Ok I'll bite. Please explain for those of us in the cheap seats how Cora Sherlock pulling out has anything whatsoever to do with the Yes side, let alone constituting an own goal? I'm genuinely puzzled as to the logic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

Two of podiums removed. Looks like it's going to be one on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I invite all to return to this thread when its over to loudly claim victory for their own side, no matter how well or badly the debate actually goes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ok I'll bite. Please explain for those of us in the cheap seats how Cora Sherlock pulling out has anything whatsoever to do with the Yes side, let alone constituting an own goal? I'm genuinely puzzled as to the logic here.

RTE are appearing biased. Let her speak if the No side want her.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They need bouncers for this, anyone being a tool in the audience needs to be fecked out on their arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Harris will need to get his anti repeal to pro repeal reasoning out in the open as early as possible..

Otherwise it'll be used as a one size fits all rebuttal by whoever he debates

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can see this being a car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

33170058_10155941301861849_862043732088717312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dc45ea5639c54cc63cc6155fe1f04d8a&oe=5B8B874F

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Well if RTE can dictate the line up then it sounds like RTE are playing politics?

Wouldn't be unknown... :pac:

They got their man Michael D elected in a similar scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This will be rigged in favour of the Yes side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

quintana76 wrote: »
    They got their man Michael D elected in a similar scenario.

It had crossed my mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Maria Steen was due to appear on the Pat Kenny debate tomorrow night on TV3. But it appears she has pulled out of that as well.

The No side imploding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Ally Dick wrote: »
    This will be rigged in favour of the Yes side

There has been a pretty clear bias in favour of the Yes side in the media and RTE, in particular and that's coming from someone who would be a Yes voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Happy4all wrote: »
    You either don't know the full facts or are deliberately trying to mislead people.

Im intrigued,what are the full facts?

That Steen is on Pat Kenny's TV3 debate tomorrow, and was already booked before Sherlock's RTE withdrawal, so appears to have been a contrived stunt by No.

The No side did something similar right before the Marriage Referendum as well. It's an attempt to portray themselves as victims, when really they are just losing the argument.

• Advertisement

McCullough is showing his pro choice teeth now

That Steen is on Pat Kenny's TV3 debate tomorrow, and was already booked before Sherlock's RTE withdrawal, so appears to have been a contrived stunt by No.

Great. I love looking at and listening to Maria Steen

The No doctor was really poor. Opposing the 2013 Act and then using it to further his argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ally Dick wrote: »
    McCullough is showing his pro choice teeth now

We got it the first time, you're one of eejits I mentioned who thinks everything is a fix.

This ****ing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

Berserker wrote: »
    There has been a pretty clear bias in favour of the Yes side in the media and RTE, in particular and that's coming from someone who would be a Yes voter.

How so?
    Last week Claire Byrne let Maria Steen and others, shout down and drown out Yes supporters on her show.

Some examples to back up your claim would be great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is a fairly standard response from a broadcaster, and quite reasonable. I'm not a journalist, but from dealing with the media in work they don't like to recycle stories or speakers in a short period of time. It's about ratings and a fresh perspective. There was a mental health story about a suicide a year or two - the family went on Prime Time show during the week, they were then dropped from the Late Late Show because they broke the embargo - again, reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

RTE throwing any pretence of neutrality out the window now. Big surprise that.

It's confirmed that Maria Steen has pulled out of Pat Kenny debate tomorrow. So there must be something going on in the No camp. Imploding with days to go before the vote.

Hurrache wrote: »
    We got it the first time, you're one of eejits I mentioned who thinks everything is a fix.

This ****ing thread.

RTE is clearly pro choice. After the disaster of the Claire Byrne show, they're going to make sure that Yes wins tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Two men debating abortion. What a fcuk up from the state broadcaster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement