Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican stand off at RTE Primetime

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

I'm not sure why they wanted Steen so badly. She came across quite poorly on Claire Byrne IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

Steen has since pulled out of tv3 debate tomorrow night with pat Kenny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

There's no constitutional ban on euthanasia, so no need for a referendum.

i *think* one of the referendums coming up in the next year or so, proposed by the citisens assembly, doesn't involve constitutional change, it would just be controversial to bring in without the say of the people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Steen should not be allowed air time

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has she got the Wiffy code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,117 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No side have Fidelma.. they must be desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What's wrong with euthanasia?

Open to mistakes

Katie looks up videos of abortions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'm out foreign, is Fidelma Really Screams on the panel?

What a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

scuby wrote: »
    Steen has since pulled out of tv3 debate tomorrow night with pat Kenny

Pat Kenny had fisty cuffs with her already, https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/abortion-referendum/pat-kenny-claims-his-newstalk-radio-show-was-targeted-in-an-organised-way-by-prolife-campaigners-36912575.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Shes been training all her life for this referendum. Quite an amazing background she has.

Peadar pretty weak tonight and Harris performed well. Most people probably have their minds made up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Pat Kenny had fisty cuffs with her already,

She didn't like having her b.s. highlighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Needs more whooping.

2asxhm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Just to be sure of what she's voting on:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yer man in the audience in the suit had some huge sweaty forehead all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Hopefully a government can have enough common sense to agree that if someone is suffering so much they feel they'd rather end their life on their own terms instead of letting some degenerative chronic disease slowly destroy them, we should allow them the dignity of that choice.

Hopefully not. Terminally ill people are going through too much mentally to make that choice.

No side seem to think there's a way of allowing for abortion for rape, ffa, incest.. But they'd oppose that as well. They just look silly and desperate at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

after she is finnished with the misappropriation of student union funds to promote a pro life position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Ally Dick wrote: »
    It least I will have one thing to look forward to after the YES side inevitably win - Mattie McGrath and the Healy Raes blocking the legislation in the Dail

I don’t know maybe you should book a holiday? Seems grim to only have that to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mr.H wrote: »
    Hopefully not. Terminally ill people are going through too much mentally to make that choice.

Having watched numerous terminally ill family members be starved and medicated to death slowly, I'd happily make that call now for that not to be my fate. I'm 31 now if im diagnosed with something like terminal cancer etc in 20 years I'll be saying what I said all along.

I do not want to suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No side seem to think there's a way of allowing for abortion for rape, ffa, incest.. But they'd oppose that as well. They just look silly and desperate at this stage.

As Leo said - why wait til now to bring up these constitutional amendment options, what were they doing the past 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

fritzelly wrote: »
    As Leo said - why wait til now to bring up these constitutional amendment options, what were they doing the past 30 years.

Because the hard cases are recent enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The next referendum will be on legalising euthanasia
    As a person with a neuro-degenative disease, bring it on.

Because the hard cases are recent enough.

Sorry, didn't realise women only started getting raped in the past few years or started have non viable fetuses.

Learn something new every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

duffman13 wrote:
    Having watched numerous terminally ill family members be starved and medicated to death slowly, I'd happily make that call now for that not to be my fate. I'm 31 now if im diagnosed with something like terminal cancer etc in 20 years I'll be saying what I said all along.

A lot of us have similar experiences with family and even friends.

I have also known friends who have survived cancer but in weak moments would have just wanted to die. So no I stand by what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Being unlucky enough to have had several people in my life deal with terminal cancer and other conditions such as MS, I disagree massively. They don't suddenly lose their mental faculties. If I ever ended up in the position of my family friend who died for MS I'd hope I'd be afforded the wish of a dignified death she fought for and was denied by Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Fidelma has the smile of Satan

• Advertisement

A lot of us have similar experiences with family and even friends.

I have also known friends who have survived cancer but in weak moments would have just wanted to die. So no I stand by what I said.

Having cancer and even being really sick but having a light at the end of the tunnel is very different from a terminal or degenerative illness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement