Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

hairyslug wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-wanted-in-connection-with-missing-woman-shot-1.3501945?mode=amp

This is the current story on the Irish times site, both injured, is this up to date?

I think that would be correct, two ambulances and DFB. But again, other outlets saying otherwise.

Hope she makes a recovery, I wonder what this guys intentions where?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

emo72 wrote: »
    i know this is breaking news, but i expect more journalistic accuracy from the irish times. its peoples lives their talking about. imagine being the family of the missing woman and reading that?

Agreed, would expect more from IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

What the absolute F*CK is happening to this country of late? 14 year old girl murdered in broad daylight. 24 year old abducted in broad daylight. For the love of god.

GUBU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

emo72 wrote: »
    i expect more journalistic accuracy from the irish times

Really? It's a complete rag same as just about every other "newspaper" these days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭baldbear

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/998295149175173120

She's not found yet, all fake news about her injured

I'd believe the Times. The information is too specific to be rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Guards could have asked for information on her not to be released. Most seem to be saying she wasn't in car and they are still concerned for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Irish Times will be after boards for copyright infringement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/998295149175173120

She's not found yet, all fake news about her injured

How such a high profile media outlet could release such grossly wrong and graphic information about the girl being in critical condition is baffling. It is like they were taking a gamble on it, not caring less if the family were exposed to such horrific news

Unless it is true of course

TallGlass wrote: »
    I wonder what this guys intentions where?

do you really need to ask?

lets just be thank God she is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

doylefe wrote: »
    Updated 4 mins ago and still says the girl was in the car while RTE say otherwise.

One of them is wildly wrong.

Official Garda statement retweeted by Michael O'Toole a few posts back. Appears RTE are correct.

Disappointing to see the Irish Times joining the "report first, facts second" brigade.

• Advertisement

Are there still at couple of ambulances at the scene. Appeared to be more than one on RTÉ news.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Now twitter saying man shot had no link to Jastine, just a man in a 171 car the same as one they are looking for. He went for licence and they killed him.
    Twitter is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Went driving around Southside in hope of spotting the car. Knew that was a long shot, but wanted to do something. Came across the events in Cherrywood, Lots of Garda cars , ambulances, fire brigade. Could see the black Nissan. Pulled up for a few minutes on adjacent road. Lots of activity beside the Nissan. People coming and going. No ambulances heading off though.

Then squad car pulls up, and Guard quizzes me on what I'm doing there. Fair enough suppose. Explained exactly what I was doing - driving around to see if I could see anything (meaning the car, amazing how muddled you get when being 'interrogated'). He asked was it me who called in, which it wasn't.

Then he mentioned the sensitive situation over there and " as long as I wasn't recording", which I assured him I wasn't. At that point I thought he meant they were dealing with a bad outcome for Jastine.... I was quite upset by that. Now I know it was a different outcome.

Please God there is still a chance she is locked up somewhere and is found. Shooting him may not have helped that though.

Well done to whoever spotted the car.

do you really need to ask?

lets just be thank God she is ok

I'm serious? Did he know her or genuinely random.

Are you not allowed ask basic questions on this site or something????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Qrt

doylefe wrote: »
    Irish Times will be after boards for copyright infringement.

Will edit that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Now twitter saying man shot had no link to Jastine, just a man in a 171 car the same as one they are looking for. He went for licence and they killed him.
    Twitter is great.

Nah, they knew exactly who they were looking for and the exact reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

How can the Irish Times get all this info and the crew at RTÉ get none of it. Just this second Paul Reynolds is saying Garda are looking for Jastine.

I’d say IT have it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Twitter is great.

Twitter is saying it ? Do you understand how it works ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

RTE 9News Update.
    No mention of her being found.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RTE adamant that she has not been found.

Could the GPS of a Nissan Quashcai be back traced?

Do they have a GPS system in them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

GUBU

FOAD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭emo72

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Really? It's a complete rag same as just about every other "newspaper" these days

agreed, im not really that surprised. but still they could at least try. as someone else mentioned, whats going on in this country? a legal system that cant be touched, leading to the enrichment of an elite, serving the scum of the earth with hundreds of convictions who have NO fear. and why should they? its a great little country for scumbags. and the rest of us are left scratching our heads.

and dont even get me started on political and garda corruption.......

Guards could have asked for information on her not to be released. Most seem to be saying she wasn't in car and they are still concerned for her.

this is why i feel it was a mistake to shoot him. i would put that down to bad/lack of training on gaurds part, sadly. he may have crucial info on her whereabouts.

Suckit wrote: »
    RTE adamant that she has not been found.

Could the GPS of a Nissan Quashcai be back traced?

Do they have a GPS system in them?

If he had a phone, google maps would have been tracking his GPS.

Not sure about the car, might have something, someone who owns same type of car could confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭McCrack

It is possible there is a specific direction re reporting until her family have been notified

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Married with two kids. No doubt his wife, and possibly his kids if they're old enough, would have known the reg of his car. Serious shock for his wife when hearing/seeing the reg of his car (or when the guards no doubt knocked on her door looking for him). F*cking hell.

Jesus, really hope she is found safe soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

The IT article has been updated. Driver dead and the poor girl unaccounted for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Its unlikely this poor woman is still alive at this stage.

https://twitter.com/nicolatallantsw

She's making it up as she does along .

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/nicolatallantsw

She's making it up as she does along .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement