Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

vicwatson wrote: »
    I’m not suggesting that but there is little or no visible presence and this does not help. I didn’t blame the Gardai.

Help what?

Very odd post tbh.

There is nothing in either of the cases this week that a beat Garda would have prevented. The locations.. the methods

Bizarre reasoning tbh are ye a bit mad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

The guard was right to shoot if he felt anyway threatened. Fair play to him. Why should he risk leaving his kids with no daddy because some lad wants to brandish a knife and go kidnapping girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

A horrific situation - I hope to god the Gardai find her and they haven’t lost their only chance to do it.

I do understand why they had to shoot him, I don’t blame them at all. He was armed and therefore a threat. I just wish it hadn’t come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A horrific situation - I hope to god the Gardai find her and they haven’t lost their only chance to do it.

I do understand why they had to shoot him, I don’t blame them at all. He was armed and therefore a threat. I just wish it hadn’t come to that.

This is a fair and reasonable post, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why does twitter always scream Larry Murphys name whenever there is an abduction in Ireland?

As if there is and will only ever be one evil scumbag in Ireland.

I hope they can trace the cars tracks over the past two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

bubblypop wrote: »
    What does this have to do with it?

People need to start their agenda's ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Suckit wrote: »
    Why does twitter always scream Larry Murphys name whenever there is an abduction in Ireland?

An awful lot of people are really stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

For the people complaining about the Garda shooting the guy with a knife, here is a guy in a London tube station, going around trying to stab people and Police. They have tasers, the detective didn't. What do you expect the Garda to do, try wrestle him with a knife? The man produced a knife, which is a serious amount of force, the Garda met that force with the only item he had to meet it with, which in this case was a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lets all support the Gardai and respect them for doing what they can to keep the public safe . They are human beings under incredible pressure in horrendous situations .
    I really hope they find Jastine and she is safe .

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Hope there’s some way of finding her now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Let’s hope they can find some location information from his mobile phone. This will a very long night for her poor parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

listermint wrote: »
    Help what?

Very odd post tbh.

There is nothing in either of the cases this week that a beat Garda would have prevented. The locations.. the methods

Bizarre reasoning tbh are ye a bit mad ?

It’s not these two cases I’m referring to, but the general levels of crime and anti social behaviour is on the rise, and sometimes I don’t think we have a force at all.

Im not getting into an argument with you or anyone else. Wrong place

taylor3 wrote: »
    Yes they do have a built in GPS in them. I have a 171 myself.

I’m not really up in technology. Would gps data be stored in the cars system for a few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

We have no idea what went on at the scene. Maybe the man, knowing he was cornered pretended he was armed and 'aimed' at an officer. Maybe the police believed she was in the vehicle and in danger? We have no idea. Let's just hope she is found one way or the other for everyone's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Suckit wrote: »

As if there is and will only ever be one evil scumbag in Ireland.

I hope they can trace the cars tracks over the past two days.

To be fair the between the nature of the crime and where it happened it’s not hard to think of him first. I know I did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

bubblypop wrote: »
    What does this have to do with it?

Well if he is the same nationality as the girl it may point to certain things.

But no act super offended someone asked the suspects nationality to garner thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

doylefe wrote: »

But no act super offended someone asked the suspects nationality to garner thanks.

He is Irish according to reports and he has no prior connection to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Now it the "offended" card. Grow the fùck up.

vicwatson wrote: »
    It’s not these two cases I’m referring to, but the general levels of crime and anti social behaviour is on the rise, and sometimes I don’t think we have a force at all.

Im not getting into an argument with you or anyone else. Wrong place

Yet in your earlies post you related this crime to it.

As I said bizarre.

Just bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Let's hope the girl is found.

There is also two innocent Irish kids out there who may have had a perfectly normal Daddy up to yesterday. Now all this. Now he's dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I'm in no way bashing Gardai here btw just asking a question. It mentions in the Mirror that he was shot in the head. Isn't it usual police protocol to aim for the chest and/or legs to disable a threatening suspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

That was exactly my reasoning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

He’s on Facebook and has a kidnapper look about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

pjohnson wrote: »
    Now it the "offended" card. Grow the fùck up.

People here dont like when you ask the nationality of an offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

TallGlass wrote: »
    They have tasers, the detective didn't. What do you expect the Garda to do, try wrestle him with a knife? ]

Shoot him in the arm.. the leg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

listermint wrote: »
    Yet in your earlies post you related this crime to it.

As I said bizarre.

Just bizarre

Why are you just attacking posters, it's really not the place, it's pathetic really

He’s on Facebook and has a kidnapper look about him.

Don't be throwing up links. You have no evidence that is the same person.

The internet is a mad place for conclusions

• Advertisement

Who's offended?
    Just dunno why it would make any difference what nationality he is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement