Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jastine Valdez found dead. No Ana discussion please. Mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ah go and sh*te would ya. People are forever calling the Gardai useless and saying they do nothing right. Seems they've got it spot on here. Couldn't give a monkeys if he's unarmed, you abduct someone, that's the chance you take.

so do you think the cops should shoot all suspected abductors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Please god they have found her! Surely they wouldnt shoot the main suspect if they still didnt know where she is?

Well if he was pointing a gun at them or running at them with a knife for example of course the Gardai are going to shoot him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

I doubt they'd shoot if he was armed with a knife and alone. Hopefully she is found safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Cop on would you. Pure attention seeker is all you are. It's hardly a 'suspected' abductor now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Please god they have found her! Surely they wouldnt shoot the main suspect if they still didnt know where she is?

I’m worried that they’re not saying she’s been found and is OK

You’d wonder also could this guy be connected to the discovery in Lucan the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

From the Irish Times "Gardai believe the man was armed. Ms Valdez was in his car when he produced what gardai believed was a gun after he was approached by a detective."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

When the woman he kidnapped is critically injured on the scene, then YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Im not hearing good news about her im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Couldn't give a rats about him really and wouldn't wish death on him either tbh, just hope Jastine is gonna be ok.

Let's hope she makes it.

please God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Have the call of duty marksmen arrived yet demanding to know about precise limb shots which of course they can do from their couch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Isco wrote: »
    From the Irish Times "Gardai believe the man was armed. Ms Valdez was in his car when he produced what gardai believed was a gun after he was approached by a detective."

Jasus. Hope she wasn't caught in the crossfire.

Laois_Man wrote: »

She has been found but She's not ok. Critically injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Found armed and holding a victim?

Yes, I'd praise that policy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Stop replying to this gombeen. (Where my jumper)
    Clearly looking to act controversial and be the central protagonist on a thread with high traffic. This is a very sensitive situation and thread so just f*ck off with your attention seeking sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Whats "suspected" about this guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hopefully they will be able to save her... :(
    Hope that scumbag lives long enough to see the hurt he has caused everyone before he dies.

Although I am not entirely sure that would matter to someone like that.

Source?

Irish Times website. Go Google.

Laois_Man wrote: »

You’d wonder also could this guy be connected to the discovery in Lucan the other day

apparently that was 13y/old kids according to our 'er well informed posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Excellent work by the Gardai. I hope she pulls through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,674 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This could all have been handled badly, she was alive and well until they cornered him into a reaction. Then they shoot him for harming her. It's a big mess if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Qrt wrote: »
    I doubt they'd shoot if he was armed with a knife and alone. Hopefully she is found safe.

Completely depends on the first Guards on scene. If it was local detective unit no taser and possibly no ASP/spray immediately on hand. Firearm the only immediate option.

If ARU got to him first the chances are he was acting in a way which presented an immediate threat which only a firearm could tackle.
    This could all have been handled badly, she was alive and well until they cornered him into a reaction. Then they shoot him for harming her. It's a big mess if that's the case.

You'd think this is very unlikely. While Garda management is a complete basket case, the individuals on the ground have a record of being very professional of late.

Suckit wrote: »
    Hopefully they will be able to save her... :(
    Hope that scumbag lives long enough to see the hurt he has caused everyone before he dies.

do you think he'll even care?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Isco wrote: »

Well if that's what they believe they saw, it's unlucky Mr Abductor no matter what the case is. They're covered in bubblewrap as far as procedure goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Tweet saying suspect is dead and air support has been called in to look for her

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hindsight is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Niall o Connor from the mirror is on site and said he’s been told the girl is not with him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was thinking the same, but the flip side is, would they wait until he did harm her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

RTÉ 9 o’ clock news saying suspect injured

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement