Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭snor

Enjoyed concert last night. We were seated and could see stage perfectly. I thought it was very well organised. the trick is to avoid town completely. I drove to clonsilla train station then got train a couple of stops to Ashdown station. Then walked in the Ashdown gate. Concert finished at 2230 and was home to Dundrum at 2330 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peanuts99

decco201 wrote: »
    We were in the food court area as we couldn't get into the standing area. It was over at 10.30 and it took well over an hour to get to Heuston. Queue for luas was crazy, the road was closed the whole way to James Joyce Bridge, I'd say it's very unlikely you'd make it to O'Connell street. I got home to Stilorgan after walking to Christchurch to get a taxi...got home at 1am

That’s what I’m worried about. Would we better off walking out the Ashtown gate and trying to get a taxi on that side?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lh

snor wrote: »
    Enjoyed concert last night. We were seated and could see stage perfectly. I thought it was very well organised. the trick is to avoid town completely. I drove to clonsilla train station then got train a couple of stops to Ashdown station. Then walked in the Ashdown gate. Concert finished at 2230 and was home to Dundrum at 2330 :)

Hi snor,

I take it you got the train back to clonsila then?
    What was that like. Were the queues bad, was there trains lined up ?

Hoping to get that train after tomorrow night but wasnt sure how it would be in that direction (rathr than city bound)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I live 40 minutes walk from there. If you can walk towards the Chapelozod gate you'll get a taxi fairly handy!

lh wrote: »
    Hi snor,

I take it you got the train back to clonsila then?
    What was that like. Were the queues bad, was there trains lined up ?

Hoping to get that train after tomorrow night but wasnt sure how it would be in that direction (rathr than city bound)

Thanks

Yes. Train back to Clonsilla. Wasn’t too bad at all. 90% of people were turning right to head towards town. I left just as the last song started so that few min got us to top of the queue for train.
    Friend got taxi outside (heading towards m50) no bother - just walked down and took slip toad for Navan Road parkway train station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

iba wrote: »
    What inconsiderate idiot decided to have this concert on a work night. The whole city center is at a standstill. Does nobody care about the people who have to go to work and get home from work. This country is a fcuking inconsiderate joke, full of selfish people who just want to line their pockets and don't give a fcuk about anybody else. One hour so far from at Stephens green to o connell bridge on the 39x.

Quite honestly, I think Dublin just isn't geared up for gigs like these. Yesterday about 17h30, I saw 3 luas's in a row heading towards town on Dawson Street, with the last one on the bend from Stephen's Green.

Not looking forward to tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheIrishPC

Reading comments, and wondering if it is worth going in the end. My girlfriend has an exam and won't finish until 8.30pm in DIT Kevin Street. Our plan was to get a taxi as close as we could to the venue and hopefully only miss at most 30 minutes. But comments saying it's a 40 minute walk once there and a 10.30pm finish. Is it worth it? Either way, we'll be going, but it sounds like we'll be left frustrated tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

What time should you arrive at the park to have a decent view of the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

My 2 went in and out of Ashtown Gate entrance. Not a bother with that. But for anybody going on Fri or Sat, not a hope of getting
    a taxi from that end after the gig. We were lucky, in that friends of ours collected us after and brought us back to theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would love to see these promoters brought before a committee and asked are they searching people and bags for Terrorism issues or is it to stop people from bringing food and drink into the venue?

My 2 went in and out of Ashtown Gate entrance. Not a bother with that. But for anybody going on Fri or Sat, not a hope of getting
    a taxi from that end after the gig. We were lucky, in that friends of ours collected us after and brought us back to theirs.

My sister and and her husband got a task no bother - head towards !
    m50/Blamchardstown after comming out of the lark. A load of cars, buses and taxis were pulled in on the left side of the road all the way down waiting for people. Traffic going towards Ashtown gate was at a standstill. Also plenty of taxis Around the road up to the Navan road parkway train station and around there. Just try to get out quickly and walk away from town. Alternatively, hop on a train towards maynooth for a few stops, get off and grab A cab from there.

Would love to see these promoters brought before a committee and asked are they searching people and bags for Terrorism issues or is it to stop people from bringing food and drink into the venue?

Brought plenty of food and drink (nina alcoholic for kids) in, no problem. Just not allowed glass. List on all the websites in what you were not wllowed to bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Were they strict on tickets on the Wednesday night?

Dont have the ID of the person that bought them?

I have been told that they were not strict at all.

Paulcon93 wrote: »

Nobody checked ID, credit card etc. Only scanned tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tommyphelan

br2015 wrote:
    Anyone have an idea if there's many spaces and if it would get full quick? Managed to swap my standing for sitting tickets with ticketmaster today - major relief as I'm at that pregnant nauseaus miserable stage!

Did you swap your tickets over the phone or at a Ticketmaster agent shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

What selection do they have at bar? Alcohol and food. Etc And how's the prices? How much for a pint. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

badker wrote:
    What selection do they have at bar? Alcohol and food. Etc And how's the prices? How much for a pint. Thanks

6euro i think it was. Food I've no idea sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

badker wrote: »
    Rockshore, Hop House 13 and Guinness AFAIK. Also Wine/Prosecco, from what ive heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

badker wrote: »

As far as I remember..
    Pints of rockshore or Guiness €6
    Bottles of Hop House 13 €6
    Wine/Sparkling wine €6 (none left about 40mins in)
    Water €2

There's a lot of food options, very busy before the gig. Eddie Rockets trailers, Shake shop, Tea/coffee places, Ice Cream vans, etc. What you'd usually find at a festival really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

There's a lot of food options, very busy before the gig. Eddie Rockets trailers, Shake shop, Tea/coffee places, Ice Cream vans, etc. What you'd usually find at a festival really.

I was just told there's people walking around with coolers selling wine and hophouse aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

The last time I was at a Phoenix Park gig was Robbie Williams in 2003. 135,000 people up there and no transport at all out of the area afterwards.

I exited at the Castleknock gate and walked the two and half hours back to Clontarf, no buses or taxis en route at all.

Looks like nothing's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Looks like nothing's changed.

2018 and that's progress for you.
    Same old, same old.
    All they have to do is put on buses to town which takes 200 out a time, trains one after another all lined up after the concert is finished and a proper park and ride system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

I exited at the Castleknock gate and walked the two and half hours back to Clontarf, no buses or taxis en route at all.

I wouldnt walk to the castleknock gate. There's only 1 bus route there and not the most frequent .

I'd go to the Ashtown and get the train. 5 minute walk to the station from the exit. You're also not far from the luas stop in broombridge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Seems Aiken are putting in extra security at the bottleneck for tonight and tomorrow... here's hoping! Already prepping myself for waiting around to get my gf into a taxi/bus and my walk into town afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

okidoki987 wrote: »
    2018 and that's progress for you.
    Same old, same old.
    All they have to do is put on buses to town which takes 200 out a time, trains one after another all lined up after the concert is finished and a proper park and ride system.
    so take a load of drivers off their shifts, and pay them overtime, and divert buses from their regular routes.

magic up a load of trains to sit there waiting for concert attendees, blocking up the 2 lines that are being used by people who aren't attending the concert and stopping them from going where they need to be, along with taking drivers off their shifts and paying overtime.

and a park and ride system....er somewhere other than existing ones, for the purposes of a few nights of the year.

nice and easy so.

maybe people could stop being such pathetic precious cnuts about some walking. pre-book a taxi or arrange a lift if they're physically unable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Paulcon93 wrote: »

Yes, after all the BS about being hard on touts, I didn't see a single check. Just ticket scanning. Never thought it would happen with that many people trying to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

so take a load of drivers off their shifts, and pay them overtime, and divert buses from their regular routes.

magic up a load of trains to sit there waiting for concert attendees, blocking up the 2 lines that are being used by people who aren't attending the concert and stopping them from going where they need to be, along with taking drivers off their shifts and paying overtime.

and a park and ride system....er somewhere other than existing ones, for the purposes of a few nights of the year.

nice and easy so.

maybe people could stop being such pathetic precious cnuts about some walking. pre-book a taxi or arrange a lift if they're physically unable.

The days of pre-booking taxis are long gone. What happens is they take your booking but only radio it out closer to the time. It doesn't show, you call the base and they tell you they've no cars.

It never fails to amaze me why taxis avoid all these gigs where there's a steady stream of business. After any Marlay Park or 3Arena gig they are nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The days of pre-booking taxis are long gone. What happens is they take your booking but only radio it out closer to the time. It doesn't show, you call the base and they tell you they've no cars.

It never fails to amaze me why taxis avoid all these gigs where there's a steady stream of business. After any Marlay Park or 3Arena gig they are nowhere to be seen.
    I pre-book all the time with MyTaxi, never have any issues.

taxis don't avoid them either, I've gotten many taxis in the past outside gigs, Marlay Park especially. there just isn't enough for the amount of people, plus the traffic is usually chaos so many probably don't bother as the usual trips around town are more lucrative.
    3Arena has the luas right beside it, and it's only a 20min walk to the city centre...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

It's a 4KM walk from the Gig to the Luas stop. The luas was free after the gig into town and towards Red Cow (so the staff there told us). There was a bunch of them lined up and they would have people queue and load a Luas then move to next one. The roads were all blocked by the guards. There is no one getting a taxi near the place.

The luas was the best option and bar the walk (and let's be honest it's not terrible if you have been standing for 3 or 4 hours in the gig. Disabled parking was available in the park for those who can't walk. Buses / taxies in the park would have made it worse as people were flooding the roads and they would have blocked the whole place up.

It was well organized for an event in the park from that point of view, given we have no proper arena's here, with proper parking.

The gig itself, as many noted was mared by bad sound, bad views and drugs. The smell of weed is still on my clothes there was so many in the crowd smoking it.

Advertisement