Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Lucas Hood wrote:
    I'm coming from pearse street area on Friday. Planning on getting the train from pearse St to Ashtown seems like the handiest way.

Yep 10 minute walk from Ashtown station down to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭br2015

Hi I was planning to park at bluebell on the red luas line at a friend's house and get the luas to heuston and walk but I didn't realise it was that far - I'm pregnant! Any suggestions to make things easier? We're going tomorrow night. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭snor

br2015 wrote: »
    Hi I was planning to park at bluebell on the red luas line at a friend's house and get the luas to heuston and walk but I didn't realise it was that far - I'm pregnant! Any suggestions to make things easier? We're going tomorrow night. Thanks!

Also Heston Luas stop is not open after the concert for some reason. Nearest Lucas stop to get home is museum.
    Why they don’t have shuttle buses from Heustin, I just don’t know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Is the Castleknock entrance the best entrance into the concert or is the park gate street one better?

• Advertisement

bri007 wrote:
    Is the Castleknock entrance the best entrance into the concert or is the park gate street one better?

Ashtown gate entrance is the closest 5 minute walk to the site.

Parkgate street entrance you'll be walking for nearly an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for that, I’ll go with that way cheers 😎
    thomasj wrote: »
    Ashtown gate entrance is the closest 5 minute walk to the site.

Parkgate street entrance you'll be walking for nearly an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Do you not get sick of talking about this guy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

br2015 wrote:

Maybe get off at museum and get one of the navan road buses 37/39/39a/70. The stop is around the corner at the law society .

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Soundcheck: Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer for the last hour in permant loop. Seriously guys? No variation possible for testing? :(

Living very close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Is the ashtown gate open for it? Looking at the road closures we were sent (live in the area) it looks like everyone will be directed via the parkgate street entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭br2015

Thanks a million- having second thoughts and might just drive to St Brigids and park. We have to head back to Kildare so would be grand to hit the m50 and N7.

Anyone have an idea if there's many spaces and if it would get full quick? Managed to swap my standing for sitting tickets with ticketmaster today - major relief as I'm at that pregnant nauseaus miserable stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Dublin bus aren't running extra buses on the 39/39a/70 routes according to their twitter. Only running their standard schedule. Gonna be a disaster for the regular users of the routes as it bad enough as it is!

chocksaway wrote:
    Dublin bus aren't running extra buses on the 39/39a/70 routes according to their twitter. Only running their standard schedule. Gonna be a disaster for the regular users of the routes as it bad enough as it is!

Very strange as the Garda website they linked to on twitter says they are!

Wouldn't expect anything less from them to be honest! They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Are private coaches allowed to drive in can't seem to find the information.
    If so how far is the dropoff from the actual concert area

allym wrote:
    Is the ashtown gate open for it? Looking at the road closures we were sent (live in the area) it looks like everyone will be directed via the parkgate street entrance

Ashtown gate will be open for pedestrian access, opw tweeted about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Seems to be confusion about the Ashtown Gate, according to this tweet today it is closed. Can anyone confirm the nearest gate with access from Ashtown Train Station. Maybe someone who is going today can confirm later exactly where the entry routes are, its all a bit confusing at the moment.
    450903.jpg

Seems to be confusion about the Ashtown Gate, according to this tweet today it is closed. Can anyone confirm the nearest gate with access from Ashtown Train Station. Maybe someone who is going today can confirm later exactly where the entry routes are, its all a bit confusing at the moment.

Just to clarify the gate closure is the middle gates for cars that will be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

thomasj wrote: »
    Just to clarify the gate closure is the middle gates for cars that will be closed.

Thats great, thanks for that. :-)

Traffic on the navan road from cabra cross is a disaster. There's no bus lane so expect massive delays if you are taking the 39/70/38 buses

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

Hi all, going on Friday, will it be chaos going from M50 to st bridgids to park, this will be about five

Cindyss wrote: »
    Hi all, going on Friday, will it be chaos going from M50 to st bridgids to park, this will be about five

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

8 of us going from belfast to connelly station on the train and have accommodation booked in castleknock.

Looks like route 37 is the best option for us. Will buses be packed around 4.45 - 5.30 on friday or should we be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Entry near the Ashtown gate not been allowed yet. People getting angry !! Anybody else having problems getting in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

What inconsiderate idiot decided to have this concert on a work night. The whole city center is at a standstill. Does nobody care about the people who have to go to work and get home from work. This country is a fcuking inconsiderate joke, full of selfish people who just want to line their pockets and don't give a fcuk about anybody else. One hour so far from at Stephens green to o connell bridge on the 39x.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

iba wrote: »
    This country is a fcuking inconsiderate joke, full of selfish people who just want to line their pockets and don't give a fcuk about anybody else. One hour so far from at Stephens green to o connell bridge on the 39x.

Think that would be a 10 min walk in the lovely spring sunshine. Maybe if you took a bit of exercise you wouldn't be so grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cindyss wrote: »

Is there a car park or hotel there to park? What exits do you take to get to it? I’ll be coming from the m50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

To person coming from Belfast. From connolly station you can get a commuter train to Ashtown station its much handier than bus. If you wish to get to castleknock first I think the next stop afyer Ashtown is castleknock

Advertisement