Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

minkey wrote: »
    To person coming from Belfast. From connolly station you can get a commuter train to Ashtown station its much handier than bus. If you wish to get to castleknock first I think the next stop afyer Ashtown is castleknock

Depends where the hotel is in castleknock. The castleknock hotel is miles away from ashtown. Coolmine would be handier for that, but a longish walk of short taxi ride away. There’s also a travel lodge at castleknock, navan Road Park way would be handiest for that. Again within walking distance and a walk back to the Phoenix Park.

But agreed if you’re going to go straight to the gig then back to the hotel, get off the train at ashtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know if Dublin Bus are running shuttle buses back into town after (heading Friday)? Was about 6 of them lined up just after the Ashtown Roundabout at 10pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What a shambles of a setup! Not enough room in the standing area for everyone, so large numbers had to stand out in the "food court" area. Visibility of the stage was centrally blocked by the merchandise stall and then by the flanks of tiered seating. Sound was horrendous bunkess you were further back. If you managed to get into the standing area, you were lucky to be able to see the stage.

I stayed outside and listened rather than viewed as couldn't see anything and they had no additional screens.

Whatever what they set it up, it was never fir to hold that many people. I'd say there were a good 5-10k people unable to get into the actual standing area! Was a farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

antodeco wrote: »
    What a shambles of a setup! Not enough room in the standing area for everyone, so large numbers had to stand out in the "food court" area. Visibility of the stage was centrally blocked by the merchandise stall and then by the flanks of tiered seating. Sound was horrendous bunkess you were further back. If you managed to get into the standing area, you were lucky to be able to see the stage.

I stayed outside and listened rather than viewed as couldn't see anything and they had no additional screens.

Whatever what they set it up, it was never fir to hold that many people. I'd say there were a good 5-10k people unable to get into the actual standing area! Was a farce!

Wife and I left early, it was awful. Can’t believe the layout was approved. Bottleneck into stage area, ridiculous mess trying to get to toilets, an absolute shambles. Can’t believe we dropped nearly €200 on it. We left via castle knock gate and as we were leaving the park there was a huge crowd of people with kids with a better view of the stage from Chesterfield Avenue than we had inside.

I feel so bad for all the parents I saw with kids who probably didn’t get even a glimpse of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Not reading great things above - my wife is bringing our daughter to his Friday show, I really hope they can sort out the issues by then, but perhaps there won’t be enough time if they are that fundamental.

How long did it take ppl to walk from the gig to Heuston ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I walked by the area at the weekend and did think the seating tiers were crazily close to the stage. I thought it must have only been for about 30k with the space given, not 50k!
    at least they have a day off, so could potentially move the seating back a bit, or maybe free up some other space, but I'd be getting there early if I had a ticket for Fri/Sat.

it's about a 40min walk from Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

can anyone who was at the Weds gig confirm that the gates at the Ashtown end were open at the end of the gig? was the RHCP years ago and had to walk back towards Parkgate entrance after the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

It's in the area just north west of the visitor centre, so probably 45 min walk with kids.
    suirthing wrote: »
    can anyone who was at the Weds gig confirm that the gates at the Ashtown end were open at the end of the gig? was the RHCP years ago and had to walk back towards Parkgate entrance after the gig

There were big signs near the exits directing people in directions of either Ashtown or Castleknock/city centre, so should be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Bought my wife 2 tickets for Saturday gig in Dublin, ...bought here on adverts. Not going myself she is bringing a friend.

Whats the feedback on this clampdown on folks who bought tickets (because they sold out in 5 seconds from legit sources) not from TM.

TBF I paid only a few euros above face value, but Ill be sickened if they travel from Clare to Dublin and get turned away Saturday....surely thousand and thousands of people in same situation ??

Not checked at all. Scanned the ticket, that's it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Wife and I left early, it was awful. Can’t believe the layout was approved. Bottleneck into stage area, ridiculous mess trying to get to toilets, an absolute shambles. Can’t believe we dropped nearly €200 on it. We left via castle knock gate and as we were leaving the park there was a huge crowd of people with kids with a better view of the stage from Chesterfield Avenue than we had inside.

I feel so bad for all the parents I saw with kids who probably didn’t get even a glimpse of the stage.

The Phoenix park is not a good place to hold a gig. The field is flat so most people will just be looking at the back of heads. Also, as mentioned it gets packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What train do you get to Ashtown from Pearse?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Nugget89

What train do you get to Ashtown from Pearse?

Maynooth, or M3 Parkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Maynooth, or M3 Parkway.

M3 Parkway won't be any use to those travelling from Pearse in general, as they leave from Docklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Any other reviews from last night from people who attended?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mel123 wrote: »
    Any other reviews from last night from people who attended?

I enjoyed it and though it was a good night. It was quite Crowded all right . Sound was fine where I was near the back of the standing area but he did have some trouble with a microphone not working near the end.. I wouldn't have any complaints regarding the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Might seem like an odd question, but were the bars in the Phoenix Park selling cider? (I hate beer!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Charlie wrote: »
    Might seem like an odd question, but were the bars in the Phoenix Park selling cider? (I hate beer!).

It was Guinness and rockshore apparently, which means diageo so probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Instead of being so strict about tickets and bags etc the organisers should have made sure the venue was fit for purpose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 peanuts99

What time did the concert finish and whats the quickest way to get into town afterwards. going with 2 kids but need to get a bus near O'Connell bridge at 11:45 and am worried we won't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

anyone walk to broombridge luas after? any idea of wait times/ how long walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Charlie wrote:

hynesie08 wrote:
    It was Guinness and rockshore apparently, which means diageo so probably not.

In Galway there were 5 or 6 options.. In my group we had one friend on mojitos and one on gin and tonics! Don't think there was cider but I could be mistaken as I was only looking at the price of the beer! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Instead of being so strict about tickets and bags etc the organisers should have made sure the venue was fit for purpose

Well tbf all they had to do was tell security to check bags and ID so prob took a few minutes to explain.

The planning of the gig would have been done months ago and they were probably only allowed to use that area of the park. Seems they have done the best they could with the spot.

The real issue was having banked seating (but probably a request by the artist) as it is what is closing the area in, a standing only affair with the usual disabled ramped seating would have worked better. (But that probably wouldn't work for very young kids) Bit of a catch 22, I am sure they will move the merch stand out of the way for Fri and Sat. They can re jog a few things to ease up on bottlenecks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    The Phoenix park is not a good place to hold a gig. The field is flat so most people will just be looking at the back of heads. Also, as mentioned it gets packed.

Aside from the flatness of the park, its a ridiculously stupid place to have a gig. Buses out of town were wedged with hordes left at stops along the keys. Many people walked from town. Train was like the calcutta express.

Not to mention the bloody noise, rubbish and general disruption to the people who live in the area.

Added to that, if you walked down Chesterfield avenue you could hear and see the gig perfectly.

Stupid place for a gig is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

peanuts99 wrote: »
    What time did the concert finish and whats the quickest way to get into town afterwards. going with 2 kids but need to get a bus near O'Connell bridge at 11:45 and am worried we won't make it.

Finished last night bang on 10.30. You should be fine getting there for 11.45, although prepared to walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

peanuts99 wrote: »

We were in the food court area as we couldn't get into the standing area. It was over at 10.30 and it took well over an hour to get to Heuston. Queue for luas was crazy, the road was closed the whole way to James Joyce Bridge, I'd say it's very unlikely you'd make it to O'Connell street. I got home to Stilorgan after walking to Christchurch to get a taxi...got home at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

mcgiggles wrote: »
    In Galway there were 5 or 6 options.. In my group we had one friend on mojitos and one on gin and tonics! Don't think there was cider but I could be mistaken as I was only looking at the price of the beer! Lol

There's wine (which they ran out of), Guinness, Hop House and Rock Shore

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Why were extra tickets put on sale if the venue couldn't handle it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Any further discussion on the tickets? Friend gave me two and just photocopy of his ID. I hope I can get in!

Advertisement