Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

Jenmckm wrote: »
    According to the information on garda.ie, private coaches will be allocated drop off / pick up points on Bishop O'Donnell Road, so it may be about 1km or so to walk.

Here's the link to the Traffic Management Plan

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/traffic_management_pearse_stadium.pdf

Ah feck... Don’t know how up for a 1km walk I’d be..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jenmckm

Ah feck... Don’t know how up for a 1km walk I’d be..

Maybe you could call / message the coach company to confirm that this is their drop off point. If it is, and it's unmanageable for you, I would try contacting the promoter (Aiken) to see if there is anything they can do to assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has there been any info on where in the Phoenix Park the concert will be? have heard of 2 different areas on opposite sides of the park.

TIA

Near the Castleknock gate
    Details here:
    https://garda.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=7bde8f026fd24e23b8103f991026c938
    (click on the getting there tab)

Looking like they're enhancing 37/38s/39s/70s for before and after the concert and you're close to Ashtown train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Question about the credit card thing: I assume its fine if your credit card expired between the time you bought the ticket and now? Just ID of the person who bought them will be fine right?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Question about the credit card thing: I assume its fine if your credit card expired between the time you bought the ticket and now? Just ID of the person who bought them will be fine right?

Mollyb60 I couldn't see anything on this in the Ticketmaster Ireland FAQs, but on their FAQ for the Ed Sheeran UK tour it states the following:

"What do I do if my card has expired or been replaced?

If you no longer have the card used to make the booking please just take the new card you have as ID."

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/ed-sheeran-uk-tour-2018-info/

So I'd say bring your new card along with photo ID. Maybe print out a copy of that FAQ page too in case you have any issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It seems Pearse Stadium only has Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer as their one record to sound check the soundsystem, its been playing for the last 25 minutes now. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm delighted im not in Glaway this weekend.

Jesus thats a cringe of a band doing support at the moment for this gig, last song thank phuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Probably a stupid question buuuut.. Can you bring in say a plastic bottle or water or Coke with you? I know glass bottles are out for obvious reasons, but say a 500ml bottle of Coke or similar?

I heard some people saying you could bring your own food and drink but that sounds a bit too good to be true?

Can anyone confirm either way please?

Thanks! :)

Morby wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question buuuut.. Can you bring in say a plastic bottle or water or Coke with you? I know glass bottles are out for obvious reasons, but say a 500ml bottle of Coke or similar?

I heard some people saying you could bring your own food and drink but that sounds a bit too good to be true?

As far as I've heard its like all outdoor events, as long as its not glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It seems Pearse Stadium only has Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer as their one record to sound check the soundsystem, its been playing for the last 25 minutes now. :)
    That's the wisdom of Aiken, probably got a discount on the royalties/playing fees. This is the same goon who saw horrifically bad sales for the stones and added the academic to attract more sales...

Morby wrote: »

Yep you can bring your own soft drinks as long as the seal is still intact. The email from Ticketmaster gives the following info:

"• There are great food and drink facilities in the stadium, but they are limited – you are welcome to bring your own food and soft drinks but please note the following:

• No glass, alcohol nor flasks will be allowed

• Only plastic cutlery will be allowed

• All soft drinks must be unopened with the seal intact

• No BBQs including disposable are allowed"

So soft drinks are fine, but no BBQs I'm afraid ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Anyone know where the 'yellow route' entrance for the phoenix park gigs is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Always_Neutral

Can anyone explain the difference between sections GA1 and GA2? Are they both standing sections? Are they separated from each other? I have GA2 tickets and my friend has GA1, and I want to know if we'll be together or not. This is for Phoneix park on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Can anyone explain the difference between sections GA1 and GA2? Are they both standing sections? Are they separated from each other? I have GA2 tickets and my friend has GA1, and I want to know if we'll be together or not. This is for Phoneix park on friday

Its the same area ,there is only one standing area ,they just use GA1 and GA2 for administrative purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dash246

Hi, I’m bringing my 10 year old to Ed Sheeran and will need to drive. Anyone know the best place to park near the Castleknock entrance? Also would there be anyway to bring a kids scooter? Would there be a place to leave it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dash246 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m bringing my 10 year old to Ed Sheeran and will need to drive. Anyone know the best place to park near the Castleknock entrance? Also would there be anyway to bring a kids scooter? Would there be a place to leave it?

Thanks

Leave it in your car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dash246

scudzilla wrote: »
    Leave it in your car!

Yeah, I didn’t think it would be possible but I’m just trying to figure out ways to make it easier for my 10 year old!! There will be an awful lot of walking and we’re going on a school night. This seemed like a good idea for a 1st concert last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I was there on Saturday and no ID checks were done for me or anyone in front. They seemed to be just scanning the tickets with no hold ups.

For anyone going to the concert, its about an hour walk from heuston station to the concert site.

You're talking about a 5-10 minute walk to the site from Ashtown station. About 5 minutes from bus stop for 37s/38s/39s/70s at Ashtown roundabout.

Also don't forget broombridge luas . If you hop on an outbound train towards Maynooth or m3 parkway at broombridge , you get off at the very next stop of Ashtown . Travel time of less than 5 minutes.

Irish rail are also saying they're running trains back to Connolly after the concert for dart and Northern commuter connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning to all.....
    Travelling up from the sticks to the concert on Weds night, with 2 17 year olds. Plan to get taxi from Houston to Phoenix Park.
    I.v seem Castleknock Entrance mentioned earlier on thread..thanks for that. Thick that I am, I thought they were seating tickets,
    but I now cop that they are general standing. G42 ?? Am I right in that.
    Also, the 2 are going in on their own, as we only got 2 tickets. I.m not familar with that part of the city, Where could I pass
    the 4 or 5 hours waiting for them, and be safe on my own. What time roughly have the concerts finished...??
    Thanks and apologies for all the questions....ODL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Morning to all.....
    Travelling up from the sticks to the concert on Weds night, with 2 17 year olds. Plan to get taxi from Houston to Phoenix Park.
    I.v seem Castleknock Entrance mentioned earlier on thread..thanks for that. Thick that I am, I thought they were seating tickets,
    but I now cop that they are general standing. G42 ?? Am I right in that.
    Also, the 2 are going in on their own, as we only got 2 tickets. I.m not familar with that part of the city, Where could I pass
    the 4 or 5 hours waiting for them, and be safe on my own. What time roughly have the concerts finished...??
    Thanks and apologies for all the questions....ODL.

Firstly, you won't be the only ones trying to get a taxi from Heuston, so make sure you've allowed plenty of time.

My advice would be to get a taxi to the Halfway House pub in Ashtown. It's about as close as you're going to get in a taxi, will take about 15 mins from Heuston and it's only about a 5 walk from there to the park gate that is closest to the concert site. You can drop the kids off and then go back to the pub and sit down. Obviously it will be jammed prior to the gig but should empty out.

The other option is the Hole in the Wall pub on Blackhorse Avenue, but the kids would have a longer walk as it's further away from the gates.

The gigs finish around 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Jenmckm wrote: »
    Mollyb60 I couldn't see anything on this in the Ticketmaster Ireland FAQs, but on their FAQ for the Ed Sheeran UK tour it states the following:

"What do I do if my card has expired or been replaced?

If you no longer have the card used to make the booking please just take the new card you have as ID."

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/ed-sheeran-uk-tour-2018-info/

So I'd say bring your new card along with photo ID. Maybe print out a copy of that FAQ page too in case you have any issues

I brought my daughter to the Galway gig on Saturday night & nobody was checking credit cards or id.

PWEI wrote: »
    I brought my daughter to the Galway gig on Saturday night & nobody was checking credit cards or id.

Same here, I was at Galway yesterday & wasn't asked to show ID or credit card (didn't notice anyone else being asked for it either).... but in case of random/spot checks, it would still be advisable to go prepared

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Can anyone tell me if there might be somewhere near to park within a 30-45 minutes walk to the concert, I want to get back to the M50 afterwards so I'm looking at Castleknock or Rathborne areas? Is there parking in Navan Road railway or would St Brigids Gaa allow parking, I don't mind paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Irish rail will be running services from Ashtown after the Ed Sheeran concerts on the 3 nights hes on.

These dates are Wednesday 16th, Friday 18th, Saturday 19th

Ashtown station is 10 minutes walk from the concert site

The services post concert (taken from journey plan) are:

22:32 Ashtown Maynooth
    23:00 Ashtown Maynooth
    23:38 Ashtown Maynooth

23:00 Ashtown Connolly (arr connolly 23:13)
    23:15 Ashtown Connolly (arr connolly 23:30)
    23:43 Ashtown Connolly (arr connolly 23:56)

http://www.irishrail.ie/EdSheeran
    23:37hrs Dublin Connolly to Dundalk deferred to 00:12hrs, first stop Howth Junction and Donaghmede and then serving all stations to Dundalk

00:45hrs from Connolly Station DART serving all stations to Howth

00:45hrs from Connolly Station DART serving all stations to Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

can anyone tell me roughly how much would a taxi from city centre to Glashaus Tallaght cost?

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

suirthing wrote: »
    can anyone tell me roughly how much would a taxi from city centre to Glashaus Tallaght cost?

cheers!

According to taxi fare estimator:

Estimated Fare
    €27.40 to €41.40
    Please note: the above fare is an indicative estimate only and should not be taken as a guaranteed fare.

Distance 19.3 km
    No traffic (33 min)
    Heavy traffic (60 min)
    Above distances and times are approximates only.

Includes €1.00 in extra charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm coming from pearse street area on Friday. Planning on getting the train from pearse St to Ashtown seems like the handiest way.

Advertisement