Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran 2018 Stadium Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Anyone know what the set list will be?

Castle on the Hill
    Eraser
    The A Team
    Lego House
    Dive
    Bloodstream
    Happier
    I'm a Mess
    Supermarket Flowers
    Galway Girl
    Feeling Good / I See Fire
    One / Photograph
    Perfect
    Nancy Mulligan
    Thinking Out Loud
    Sing

Encore:
    Shape of You
    You Need Me, I Don't Need You

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Out of curiosity were the ID checks enforced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

boyznoise wrote: »
    Out of curiosity were the ID checks enforced?

https://twitter.com/brianocorcaigh/status/992466151698587650

were for this guy anyway, but tickets were in a friends name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

reading through the comments, people rightly saying that he only has himself to blame, but someone pointed out that the account was only set up 3hrs ago, seems to be fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Zardoz

reading through the comments, people rightly saying that he only has himself to blame, but someone pointed out that the account was only set up 3hrs ago, seems to be fake.

As I've said from day one I don't think anyone will be turned away on the night ,its all a bluff,and Sheeran and his team have caused alot of hassle and stress for genuine fans by putting tickets on sale 10 months in advance and having no face value resale mechanism like Twickets in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

My friends were at it tonight and weren't asked for ID, tickets were just scanned and they were allowed in.

Can't imagine they would check every single ticket, that would cause havock. Can image they were spot checking random tickets though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Zardoz wrote: »
    As I've said from day one I don't think anyone will be turned away on the night ,its all a bluff,and Sheeran and his team have caused alot of hassle and stress for genuine fans by putting tickets on sale 10 months in advance and having no face value resale mechanism like Twickets in the UK.

The objective was to minimize touting and dodgy resales. They've achieved that. Whether they actually implement the entrance policy now is pretty immaterial.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

So, anyone at yesterdays gig? Do I need to bring my credit card and photo ID??

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

vanman99 wrote: »

I certainly wasn't asked for either ID or the credit card.
    Maybe other entrances were different though!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Missus and smallie werent asked last night anyway, its random spot checks - why not have it anyway to be safe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Is there a way to get into the pit?
    When Bruce was there it seemed to be the queue that was going in around CAB motors
    Or is it just random?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I seen a areial picture that seam to show people standing on a terrace, was that aloud last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tombrown

My daughter is going this evening. The email I got the other day said under 18s have to be accompanied by parent or guardian. She and her friend are 15, and a third friend is 18, but obviously not the parent (maybe guardian at an extreme stretch :)). I'm assuming that wont be a problem, right ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'd be shocked if that wasn't a fake account created by someone taking the piss.

tombrown wrote: »
    My daughter is going this evening. The email I got the other day said under 18s have to be accompanied by parent or guardian. She and her friend are 15, and a third friend is 18, but obviously not the parent (maybe guardian at an extreme stretch :)). I'm assuming that wont be a problem, right ..
    guardian is generally anyone over 18, so should be fine.
    write a letter giving your permission and give it to the 18 year old with your name and number if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

You needed to show your ID and visa card to collect tickets from the box office. I got a ticket last minute on Thursday night. My wife and kids (two teenagers) and one of their friends got their tickets when they were released and they weren't asked for any ID. The kids weren't asked who they were with either, although that may have been obvious. Plenty of teenagers inside who didn't seem to have an over 18 with them.

Edit: I would still make sure to have the right ID with you or a t least a copy of the ID of the person whose name is on the ticket in case things change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Irishshin wrote: »
    Is there a way to get into the pit?
    When Bruce was there it seemed to be the queue that was going in around CAB motors
    Or is it just random?
    Thanks!

My crowd were queuing at CAB from early yesterday (blue route) and were moved over to the Marina entrance (yellow route) around 12.30 or so. I rocked up around 2pm and there was only about 30 on the queue. There was early entrance for about 1 hundred or so, but if more had turned up they'd have been left in. We were walked down to just outside the back gate of the Pairc around 4pm and left in around 4.45 - walked in all the way by gangs of security, strictly no running. They gave out wristbands for the pit, but the pit is fairly big. I think one of the guys said there is about 4000 wristbands. There was plenty of room even up the very front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Drsokeeffe

Help! I have standing tickets for tomorrow’s gig and was bringing my 12 and 9 year old children.
    I’ve just heard that under 14s not allowed on the pitch and can’t find specifics on ticketmaster site.
    Does anyone know the policy???
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crkcvnirl

Drsokeeffe wrote: »
    Help! I have standing tickets for tomorrow’s gig and was bringing my 12 and 9 year old children.
    I’ve just heard that under 14s not allowed on the pitch and can’t find specifics on ticketmaster site.
    Does anyone know the policy???
    Thank you.

Was there last night. There were lots of under 14s on pitch, with parents.

Great gig, sound was A1. Ann-Marie was also top rate.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Stop with the multiple Ed Sheeran threads use the bloody tour one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Stop with the multiple Ed Sheeran threads use the bloody tour one.

The chap is a glorified busker :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nice job mods, was just reporting the second Cork thread and it materialised into the stadium tour. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The chap is a glorified busker :pac::pac:

Ed or Bodhrandude? :-D

It's OK. He knows me in real life (BD that is, not ED).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

vanman99 wrote: »

At blue entrance I wasn't asked or my handbag checked which was large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭fafy

A really great experience tonight, there was a very handy shuttle bus from Lapps Quay, €2 for adults, €1for kids, was down very quick, and dropped us close to the Marquee entrance, which is a few hundreads yards to stadium entrance, the shuttles were leaving every few minutes, id’s were looked for on way in and checked against name on ticket, just before ticket scan, they didn’t look for credit card, but had it anyway. Very well organised, and I would be quite cynical about anything connected to the GAA, excellent stewarding, even witnessed them taking drink off some teens who were clearly underage, seemed to be well staffed. They were also straight over if any trouble. Gig ended at 10.30 approx, and he was onstage at8.45 exactly, Exit was very smooth, well managed and easy, and a good amount of Gardai making sure the traffic flowed.

It looked like a fairly text book organization to me, all credit to all concerned, I said in an earlier post they had to get their act together for these 3 Cork gigs, and they certainly did that. The redeveloped stadium looked great, it’s definitely the start of regular gigs here, as the new venue is a high standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

Fairly minor enquiry but how strictly do they enforce the no drinks or food rule in bags etc?
    Going with 2 kids and wouldn’t mind bringing in a few snacks and a bottle of water as it could be a long stretch.
    Is the Qing for that kind of stuff crazy in the stadium? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭fafy

Gmm fan wrote: »
    Fairly minor enquiry but how strictly do they enforce the no drinks or food rule in bags etc?
    Going with 2 kids and wouldn’t mind bringing in a few snacks and a bottle of water as it could be a long stretch.
    Is the Qing for that kind of stuff crazy in the stadium? Thanks

There is no such rule.

You can bring in non alcoholic drinks, which must be in non glass containers,which are sealed. You can bring in whatever food you like, there are no restrictions on food at these gigs.

From the TM email:
    “There are great food and drink facilities in the stadium, but they are limited – you are welcome to bring your own food and soft drinks but please note the following:

• No glass, alcohol nor flasks will be allowed

• Only plastic cutlery will be allowed

• All soft drinks must be unopened with the seal intact”

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

Following on from the anoynomous Spaniard who spent €800 travelling here for the concert with tickets bought by someone else we have the daughter of a friend of a Kilkenny woman.
    https://kclr96fm.com/kilkenny-woman-raises-concerns-over-entry-requirements-for-ed-sheeran-concerts/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheIrishPC

Hey so I'm wondering if people have travel suggestions for getting to the gig in Phoenix Park on the Friday night?

I bought the tickets for the Friday thinking that my girlfriend would have her college exams finished, but now she has her last exam until 8.30pm on Friday 18th! We've discussed selling them, but as it's supposedly cardholder only, and she really wants to go, we're going to try make it.

Is a taxi the best option? We'll be coming from DIT Kevin Street, so the only other option is to walk to the quays to get a bus. However Friday night traffic in Dublin could be an issue

As everyone should be in well before we get there, there shouldn't be too much queuing, right? I'm hoping he's on after 9, like most concerts I've been at, despite the times saying he'll be on at 8.45

Pretty much just looking for the best solution to see as much of the concert as possible given the circumstances. Any help appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Taxi would definitely be the best and quickest. at 8:30pm there shouldn't be much traffic, especially coming out out of town. I'd say it's a 10-15min taxi journey. if you walk to Patricks Street, there'll be loads of taxis going by, and then you just need to drive up from there to the quays, swing a right at Heuston, and then you're basically at the Phoenix Park entrance.

Advertisement